talk to IIo and got to know interview date

It is

The case is straight forward. Still with the same employer who filed my GC, never out of status or never on Bench. Has all the 7 yrs tax returns. But just in case you know...

later.

Wella

Wella,

I received a letter from the BCIS to come pick my Advance Parole. I was just wondering what day do I need to go to the INS office to get my AdvanceParole. Also I applied for my EAD and didnt get any letter asking me to come get the EAD. I appreciate any help in this issue.

later.

Wimbledon

Not sure dude. Why dont you consult some local attorney. I believe the initial consultation is free. Any updates regarding your case??

later.

Wella

Dude..
Did you get both the letters for EAD and AP sametime from BCIS or at different times. I applied for both these same day, but just got the appointment for the AP. Just wondering if I should wait for one more week for the EAD appointment letter and then go to the BCIS.

later

Wella

Hi Wella,
I received the letter from the Employment Authorization unit to come on the 29'th of Oct @7:00AM. I believe its for my EAD. They asked me to get the following documents.
1. The appointment letter.
2. Photo ID.
3. Earlier EAD card (old one)
4. Original Birht Certificate and marriage certificate (In case a change is requestedduring the processing of your employment authorization card). -- I dunno if I really need to carry this DOB certificate and Marriage certificate.

I would appreciate if you could tell me the process at the BCIS office. Also can I get the Advance Parole the same day as the EAD so that I could avoid an extra trip to the BCIS office.

If I want to get both the AP and EAD same day, how long does it take.

Can I ask the officer about my I-485 status? I mean can he look at my case regarding my 485??

I appreciate any help in answering these issues.

later.

nope

No news man. Except I picked up my AP this morning and I have to pickup my EAD on the 30'th. Any news from your end??

later.

I have no news either.

I noticed that their processing date moved to July 2001. It has been at March 2001 for the last eight months.

neha123, congrats on your AP.

Cheers,

Thanks Bud

Its good that the processing date moved to July. Mine is Nov 2001. I wish I have an interview scheduled by the end of the year before my contracting budget runs out. I think am too greedy.. ;) Anyways where did you find this info that the processing date moved to July 2001.

Also one more info. Last time when me and my wife visited the BCIS office back in July, we dropped an enquiry letter regarding our I-485. We got letters from the BCIS 2 weeks back saying that its taking 26 - 28 months to process the case from the 485 receipt date.

later.