talk to IIo and got to know interview date

neha,

No news. The only thing we found out is that there was an error in my visa. We are trying to communicate that to the DOS and the DHS. Let's see what happens.

Cheers

What happened to nice'n patient

Guys,

What happened to Nice and Patient's approval.??

PISSED

Been to the INS affice aroung 6 to get my EAD. am the third person to drop the Appointment letter in the tray. The dumb lady started processing the applications from the top of the tray. I was soo pissed man. I had to wait an extra hour and 30 mins to get my EAD. More over insted of issuing the new EAD from the date of Expiry of my existing EAD, they gave it for 1 yr starting Oct 24'th. So I lost 3 months on my EAD. What a bummer.

later.

Sorry to hear that. I had my EAD about three weeks ago, and it start from January 28, 2004. I still have my current EAD which will expire on January 27, 2004.

The thing is that they cannot give you two cards with overlapping dates; so they must have taken the old one from you. You could have argued with her that you still have a valid card, and that you want to keep the existing card, even if it means you have to come back for another appointment in a month or two.

This does not make any sense, since they require that you make the application three months in advance. If it is any consolation, this only mean that you will pay the application fees three months earlier than what would have.

wella

Guess what

I got "the call" from my lawyer, he said I am approved. He is sending the approval letter to my home. I do not how I feel now, probably good. I just need some time for it to sink in.

congrats wella. meet again in another thread related to citizenship(kidding)

Neha : its only you and me now. I follow your progress because we both have similar cases. Do you want to communicate through personal emails.

Also I can renwe my EAD by sending my appln thru mail, right . I dont have to go there, right?

Wimbledon.....

Thats right. You can do it through mail. Personal emails sounds good to me. I'll PM you my email-id.

later.

Wella,

Can you tell me what all documents I need to prepare in case of an interview. Also do we need to get the Medicals done since the case is over 2 yrs?? Could you please tell me about your interview experience.

later.

Originally posted by wella
neha,

have a look at this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103180

I think you did the right thing by applying for the EAD early!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the interview letter they will ask you to bring in copies of the last three years tax returens. You get these from the IRS office (there is one at Gessner and I-59). They will also ask you to bring in all EAD and AP they issued to you (if you have them). Also they will ask for an employment letter to very that your employed.

Although they do not ask specifically, you also should take copies of documents related to your application. I prepared a file and organized all related documents.

The interview itself is very simple, they ask you to take the oath and basically ask the same questions on the I-485 form: name, address, etc... to verify that the info is correct.

In my case there was an issue with mu H-1B visa, so all discussion was around that. I later cleared the confusion and got my approval.

I hope this helps.

Do I need to get the medicals done again??

later

Originally posted by wella
In the interview letter they will ask you to bring in copies of the last three years tax returens. You get these from the IRS office (there is one at Gessner and I-59). They will also ask you to bring in all EAD and AP they issued to you (if you have them). Also they will ask for an employment letter to very that your employed.

Although they do not ask specifically, you also should take copies of documents related to your application. I prepared a file and organized all related documents.

The interview itself is very simple, they ask you to take the oath and basically ask the same questions on the I-485 form: name, address, etc... to verify that the info is correct.

In my case there was an issue with mu H-1B visa, so all discussion was around that. I later cleared the confusion and got my approval.

I hope this helps.

If the results of the first medical were OK, there will be no need for another medical. The regulations say the medical will be valid during the period the I-485 is pending, provided that they were submited to the USCIS with one year of taking the medical test.

So if you had submitted your medical within one year of your medical test. Then they are valid for as long as the I-485 is pending. This is provided your test results are OK.

Re: let's talk about it

Dude..

I was just wondering if you have any update on your case. Could you please tell me if your case was approved. Please update.

Thanks.

Originally posted by NICE'N PATIENT
sorry for reply so late. I just came home from an international trip.
My interview on April 30 was not good.
The question the officer raised were so simple at the begining:
name, birthday, any crime, the last time to enter USA.etc. I think she just wanted to confirm the information on the I485 appl. form are correct and update. then, she asked me about my company, because my company is very small, has only 3 employees. therefore she began to disagree with me about the concept of "manager", she thought the manager has to manage a lot of people while I believe that a manager sometime manages project more than phisical persons. Obiviously, she did not have time to have further discuss with me and said she need more time to review my case. To be worse, my FBI clearance had not come to her office at that time so she could stamped my passport anyway. She told me to wait for a while before she make a final decision and the FBI things. While she was packing my files, I tried to explain more about my company and gived her a new annual report of my company. She showed little interesting to it, but she did asked me some other questions about my company, like how long has you company been in USA( answer: 10 years), and then asked me for copies of my bank statement and 2002 tax return. then bye bye.
I think I am not dead yet. let wait. My lawer was very angry and he is not very helpful.

lessons1: If your position is manager, you have to manage lots of people.
lesson 2: trust only yourself. nobody else can help.:mad:

Anymore update?

I'm on the same boat as my I-485 transferred on Jan. 9, 2004
from TSC to Houston local office.

RD 08/26/02
ND 08/28/02
FP No notice yet. - Is it normal?

Do I need an interview although my lawyer included "Weiver of
Interview" with I-485? I had L1 visa and I-140 approved
on Sep. 4, 2002 after applying I-140 & I-485 at the same time.

Thanks your guide.

:) :) :)