talk to IIo and got to know interview date

Wella

What should the check made payable to?? Bureau of Citizenship and Naturalisation Services" or "Immigration and Naturalisation Services". When I was looking at the 765 application, it says the chshiers check should be drawn favor of "INS". I know INS is absolate now, but still tought of checking with you.

later.

neha,

Well, I don't know the answer to this one. If I were to guess, I would say make it for the BCIS "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services." But this is just my guess.

Gettin frustated

Getting frustated with this freakin crap. Do you guys know anyone who got approved from the Houston Local office?? Its almost 3 weeks that i gave my second finger prints. Dunno if they asked the fp as a routine or of due approval.

later guys.

neha,

I believe they ask for the FP as routine. My experience is that they will take a long time. Just try to forget about it. I know it is easier said than done; and that a lot of things in ourlives are dependent on the BCIS approval, but nothing will happen by being frustrated. I am tiered too, but this forum is giving me some consolation. So hang in there, and just try to leave it behind.

Cheers,

Guys.... whats your opinion..

Me and my wife have different last names on our 485 processing. I mean I didnt change her last name while filing for GC. Do you think this might be the reason for the local transfer??

later.

No I don't think so. I have seen so many transfers over the past few years here in this forum. I fail to make any consistent pattern. In one of the previous posts I read that they transfered the case because they wanted to inform the applicant of a comment the doctor left on the medical report. The comment did not invalidate the report nor did it disqualify the applicant. It was merely a note from the doctor to pass on to the applicant. Something rediculous.

The bottom line my friend is that you will never know the reason for the transfer until the interview time. When is that? It will be sometime from now. What can you do? Keep visiting the INS very early in the morning, may be one day you will strike luck and talk to someone reasonable. Or just wait and see. Do not have expectations, or else you will be searching your mail box every day with pain and frustration.

I dont know what to tell you to ease things out. Just remember you are not alone in this mess.

Cheers,

ha ha ha

am I nuts?? I will never again visit the Houston office. Its nothing but waste of time. I wish they schedule an interview before end of this year. Thats when my contract budget runs out. Came to houston on a 3 months contract and am stuck here ;) Mannn this whole GC thing is driving me crazy. Probably I need a long vacation. If all this mess is over I may have to goto to India/Europe for a couple of weeks.

One more question... since our cases got transferred to the local office, is it mandatory that they schedule an interview??

later.

Well, it is not mandatory to schedule an interview. I have asked this same question before to my lawyer and actually to one of the IIO's at the Houston office; they both said 99% of the transfered cases will have an interview. Now with new secuirity checks, I would say 100% of the cases.

A vacation - boy do I need one. I am so damn tired of this process. Remember, I was transfered in December 2001.

Interesting

I don't know wether drinking and "biking" would be considerd DWI (or BWI for that matter:D). If it is that would constitute grounds for denial.:D

Wella

Dude.. I think u already applied for your EAD right.. I know that I could apply for the EAD in person at the local BCIS office. Can I submit the application personally to an officer or do i have to just drop in a drop box?? I think I can get a receipt number right away if I submit that personally to an officer?? Correct me if am wrong. I just spoke to an IIO and they say the EAD dates will be valid from the date the application was approved. So if I apply EAD renewal right no and if its approved like in 2 months, the EAD will be valid from Nov 03 to Nov 04 in which case I'll be losing 2 months( My current EAD is valid till Jan 2004). Please let me know.

Also, can I apply the EAD renewal online, get fingerprinted and mail all the documentation to the Local BCIS office versus mailing the application to the TSC??

later....

Dude,

This is a renewal EAD, not a new EAD; so the date of the RE-NWED card will start from the date of the expiray of the existing card. So you will not be loosing any time. I have done this three times already and never lost a day. Unless they have changed the system, which I doubt it.

I have already submitted my application (through the lawyer), and have a receipt for the application submission.

I am not sure how to apply in person. May be wimbeldon, or nice'n patient can shed some light. To the best of my understanding, the application by mail is easier than going over there to the office.

My understanding about the on-line submission is that it is not any faster. But it may be the way to go for you. It is not a problem at all, but it is not going to be any faster. I have not tried it anyway.

I hope this help clarifying the points you were asking about.

Cheers,