talk to IIo and got to know interview date

actually not fp but INS asking us to furnish certain documents to decide whether an interview is needed makes me feel optimistic that approval is just round the corner. Neha, our case has been transferred to Houston because of the expiration of fp

Wimbledon

May be you are right. But my case was transferred to Houston back in May 2003. My finger prints were not expired by then. They are just 13 months old by the time the case was transferred to Houston.
They never asked me to furnish any documents when I first gave my fingerprints back in 2002. I wish they approve us without a interview soon. Probably am too optimistic ;)

later.

Tell me bout it.

Thats right. Its frustating to see everyone who applied after you getting approved while our cases in a limbo.

later

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update guys??

Called the FBI # and was told that the FP results were sent to BCIS some time first week of August. My Online didnt change yet. It still says case transferred to Houston for an Interview. Did you guys see any change in status after the FP?? BTW I did my second FP on 7/31/03

later.

neha123,

The online status will not change after the transfer because the Service Center does not have access to the local office data. So untill your case is adjudicated and approved, do not expect the on line status to change.

As you can see, fingerprint checks take only a couple of days to a week from the FBI. I have been following up on that for sometime and it has been very consistent. But when you go and enquire about your case status at the BCIS local office they tell you that they are waiting, what a bunch of crap.

cheers,

Any update guys

Looks like someone with 3/20/2002 AD got approved. Dunno if its from the TSC area or from Houston local office. He had his FP done back in April 2003. Just wondering if you guys heard something bout ur GC.

later

Wella & Wimbledon

Do you know for what dates they are scheduling an interview in the local BCIS office??

later.

Wella

Wella.. following is the info that you gave me regarding EAD extension. I was going through the I765 documentation and no where I see that the EAD application has to be sent the local BCIS Office. Please clarify.

Thanks.

****************Original Message from Wella*************

EAD
neha123,

No I do not think it is early to file the EAD now. You never know how and when delays occur. My philosophy is to be better safe than sorry.

Anyway, the new EAD will have a starting date from the end of the current EAD. So you will not loose anything by applying early.

Here is the application procedure for EAD. I got that from the BCIS website. The address of filing is 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX.

Employment Authorization Documents (EAD):
Form I-765 for Employment Authorization can be obtained in person at the Houston District Office located at 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX, by downloading it from the BCIS Website by clicking here or by calling the BCIS Forms Line at 1 (800) 870-3676 and request it be mailed to you.
Fees: The fee for this application is specified on the application. Or, you may also visit the Forms and Fees section of this website to determine the fee amount. Fees can be paid by cashier check, money order or certified check only. PERSONAL CHECKS AND CASH ARE NOT ACCEPTED .

Where: Form I-765 may be filed at our office, in person, or mailed to the office at 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX.

Documents needed: Identification (Texas Driver's License, Passport, Texas ID Card or previous EAD card, etc.) and proof of pending petition.

Process: It takes approximately up to 90 days to process this application. You will then receive a letter asking you to come, in person, to our office to be processed for the card. You will be photographed before your EAD is issued.

EAD operating hours are 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Expedited requests are processed on Wednesday and Thursday.

If you have not received the letter after 90 days: You may come to our office with all the supporting documents mentioned above, along with your receipt to be processed for your EAD card. You need to come during the EAD operating hours on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. After going through the line, you must obtain a ticket and then go to the EAD unit for your inquiry. In most cases, you will receive an "expedite" notice

Have fun!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

5th August 2003 02:04 PM

neha123

Thanks.
Thanks Wella. I thought that I would get the EAD in mail if I send it through mail. But as per the message, though we send the application through mail, we still need to go and get it finger printed. Do I need to send my passport pictures also with the application?

later.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

5th August 2003 02:53 PM

wella

neha123,

No you do not need to send any pictures or copies of the passport. The documents needed are:

1- copy of your receipt notice of I-485,
2- copy of your transfer notice to Houston,
3- copy of your current EAD (front and back),
4- the application and the fees,

After you send that in the mail, they will send you a letter (about 60 days later) for appointment saying come to the office at a specific date and time to be processed for the EAD.

On that date, when you go to the office, you do not need to stand in line. Show the appointment letter to the guard at the gate and he will let you in right away. Then you go directly to the EAD section. They will take a picture of you and a fingerprint, then they will give you the card. All in about one hour.

It really is very simple. Have done it three times so far.

Good luck to you!

P.S. Check the zip code for the Northpoint address on the web before sending.

neha,

If you check the BCIS website, it clearly say that you can send the EAD application to the Local Office in Houston. In one of the previous postings I made a link to this website:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/houston/aboutus.htm#anchor155614

I have applied (through my lawyer) for EAD at the Houston Office for three times already (because my case was transfered from TSC to Houston).

To be sure and avoid any misunderstandings, please visit the Houston Office and verify this information and that you can actually send them the application by mail. This would be your best bet.

I am only communicating my experience, and what I read here and on other sources.

Cheers,

No update. Have you completed your EAD application? I have completed and submitted mine.

Cheers,

Nope. Not yet

I didnt apply yet. Did you apply it yourself or through your attorney?? Probably I shud be doing myself as my shrik charges $200 to fill the type up the application and to just sign the G28 form. Lemme if these are the following items that need to include with the application.
1. Copies of EAD application, front and back.
2. Copy of the I485 application.
3. Copy of the transfer notice.
4. EAD photos.
5. Cashiers cheque for $120.

Also please tell me if the following address is correct or not.

Hoston District Office
ATTN: Form I-765
126 Northpoint
Houston, TX 77060

Do I need to specify Houston District Office or BCIS in the address.

Is it ok if I specify ,ATTN: Form I-765 or do I need to specify as Employment Authorization??

Under part 16, do I need to use C09 or something else???

please let me know.

later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did apply through the company lawyer.

The list you gave is OK, but note the following:

1. Copies of OLD EAD, front and back.
2. Copy of the I485 Rceipt Notice.
3. Copy of the transfer notice.
4. EAD photos.
5. Cashiers cheque for $120.

The Address:

BCIS
Hoston District Office
ATTN: Form I-765
126 Northpoint
Houston, TX 77060

ATTN: Form I-765 (Employment Authorization)

After you put everything together, pass the package by your Lawyer just to make sure that everything is good. He should not charge you for just looking at it. Or at least he will charge a minimum.

Good Luck,

Wella

Do I need to include the copies of all the EAD cards.. I mean the expired one (Jan 2002 - Jan 2003) and the current one. I'm sure my attorney charges $200. So I would rather send it myself.

Anyways, Can I send the application through Fedex or through USPS. I was just wondering if they would accept express mails. How long does it takr to get a travel document?? I was just wondering if I need to apply that now or can wait for couple of months as my current I139 expires Jan 2004. Please let me know.

later.

I am not sure if copies of the expired EAD are needed. But it would hurt to include them. I do not know this one. I have only been including the most recent EAD.

I do not know if you can send using FEDEX or USPS.

It usually takes a couple of months to get the EAD. Mine also Expires in Jan 2004. But it is always better to apply as early as possible. You never know what could happen with BCIS that might cause delays.

Also, if you apply 90 days in advance, and if for whatever reason they delayed your EAD more than 90 days, your are entitled for interim EAD (issued immediately) until the final one is issued. But if your application is less than 90 days old, you are not entitled for the interim EAD.

So the earlier the better.

Goog luck my friend,