Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

Shall I call them and ask for FP2? ( as if they will grant my request?) Any suggestions? Spouse is scheduled for July 13 FP

Thanks GRCA-2002.

You might have a try to call them and ask them to issue the 2nd FP notice to you. Don't know how they adjudge our case, I saw some people got approval in couple days after INS received reply of the RFE without 2nd FP.

EB2
I-485 ND: 12/20/2002 LIN0306**
I-140 Approved on 12/4/2002
FP1: 02/01/2003
RFE: Received by UCIS on 05/27/2004 (Employement verification letter)
FP2: ??
AD: ???
:confused: :confused:

Got 2nd FP notice (and there goes my theory down the drain....)

In the process of adding logic to the way USCIS works, I had developed a theory (which I firmly believed till yesterday) that to expedite the processing the CIS is picking up all those who are ready for 2nd FP and sending them RFEs. As everybody else in this thread, yours truly did get the RFE and responded back very promptly. I was hoping that my approval is just at the corner. An then :rolleyes:

Yesterday I got the notice for my 2nd FP.

I am nearing the 600 days (of the "570 to 600 days blah blah...") so then after that I can officially press the panic button....
It is getting very difficult to practice what I preached :eek:
see http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=124377

I have updated my details.

bhartiy :

Don't yet throw your theory out. My case is very similiar to yours, the only difference being my FPs are not expired yet (I was FPd in July/2003).

We will be able to provide some more concrete leads after there is some progress in my case. ...

Does anyone have any idea why the LUD have to be updated a few times before I485 been approved? :confused:

Very good question vcorcl ... Here are my thoughts ...

There are generally 3 updates once the RFE is issued for a pending 485 case. The first two follow very quickly after the rfe is received ... Here are specific update scenerios :

First Update : To remove dust and clean up the files and de-sanitize :D
Second Update : To update file that the RFE is received :)
Third Update : Approval. :confused:

This is on the assumption that there are no other pending issues - no FPs expired ... not EADs, APs pending, etc.

Sounds good ?

I remember someone said that there is a 60 days rule that CIS must respond RFE after receiving it for more than 60 days. Is that an official rule or just a common practice? If it's official, Where can I find it?
My case was RD June 3, 2002 and RFE received by CIS on May11, 2004. So far no update at all.

Did USCIS get your reply to the RFE ?

Did the online status change from RFE issued to RFE received ?

rogertt2003,

I called service center after my RFE received by them, the guy who took my call informed me that I need to wait 60 days after my RFE received by them, if 60 days passed and no update on my case, I could call them back. Don't know if this is official rules/policies. Some people in this forum said the 60 days policy only applied to the cases whose ND passed the processing date that CIS announced.

It seems only CIS could explain rules as they expected.

mi2004,

The online status changed from RFE issued to RFE received on my case.

EB2
I-485 ND: 12/20/2002 LIN0306**
I-140 Approved on 12/4/2002
FP1: 02/01/2003
RFE: Received by UCIS on 05/27/2004 (Employement verification letter)
FP2: ??
AD: ???

Yes. The online status has been changed to " Received RFE on May 11... taking 570days to 600 days ...' It was updated on May12 and since then, nothing has yet changed.

PeterWang .. your finger print has expired. You should expect a FP notice soon.

And rogertt2003 when was your FP1 ?

FP1 was on Aug. 2002. FP2 was on July 2003, but then after, I received a letter from CIS informing me that I don't need to do FP2. So I am not sure if they count the FP2 I already did.

Don't know if they need FP2 or not.
Called service center amoment ago, it kept me waiting for 25 mins, finally got a lady on the phone, she asked me case information, and told me I need to wait 60 days after RFE received date, she said they were working on case dated on September 23, 2003. :eek: then she hang off the line. :mad:
Let's pray.....

PeterWang you will not be able to convince them to re-issue the FP notice. Unfortunately its something that we cannot do. Hold ur patience. Atleast you are lucky to have ur case touched with a ND of Dec/2002).

I know people of Mar/Apr/May 2002 who are just waiting with nothing happening.

Peterwang, did you say that they are working on case dated on Sept. 23, 2003?

I will try to call them after July 11 as they received my RFE on May 11. It's been too long.

rogertt2003,

It was confirmed twice by the lady who took my call that CIS was working on September 23, 2003 cases. When she told me this information, I couldn't believe my ears. Anyhow if this is truth, it's a good news to everybody, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
peterwang60 said:
rogertt2003,

It was confirmed twice by the lady who took my call that CIS was working on September 23, 2003 cases. When she told me this information, I couldn't believe my ears. Anyhow if this truth, it's a good news to everybody.
Peter : What they meant was they were stacking Sep 2003 files on racks currently. :D

peterwang60 said:
Don't know if they need FP2 or not.
Called service center amoment ago, it kept me waiting for 25 mins, finally got a lady on the phone, she asked me case information, and told me I need to wait 60 days after RFE received date, she said they were working on case dated on September 23, 2003. :eek: then she hang off the line. :mad:
Let's pray.....

Peterwang,
The person that answered your call just reading from the script. The standard answers that I normally hear are
1. "We are working on case dated on xxxx date." Note, the date that he gave you is always before your I485 RD date
2. You need to wait 60 days ta call us .....