Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

skris said:
Any updates from you guys waiting, after RFE is sent?

skris

No updates since May 24 (RFE rec'd by USCIS May 18).

This wait is driving me (and, I suspect, most everyone else here) crazy!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

It is not driving me crazy as yet, but the anxiety of receiving the RFE and the expectation of getting a approval anytime has now subsided.

My favorite pass-time now is to see the worksheet "RFE Analysis.xls" and trying to put some logic / pattern in the approvals.
I am second in line after "KGReddy". (34 business days after submitting the RFE)

Also, I used to log in to the USCIS site as many times as I feel (thanks to my supervisor who doesn't have any restriction on internet surfing as long as we get the job done...) to see if anything has changed.
But even that has reduced now to twice a day.

One thing I had decided not to let happen to me (howsoever delayed the process would become) is to get into the frustration mode.
If it does happen (frustration) I delay going home from work. Get it out of my system and then go home. My family doesn't deserve this.

I cannot firmly say that I would never succumb to it. I may. But so far so good. Let me see (just thinking aloud) that it stays even after few months after today without the approval.

There are many more on this site whose woes are much, much worse than mine.
If they could then I should.

For the Harry Potter fans among us:

I feel like a prisoner in Azkaban, with the immigration officers naturally playing the role of the dementors, who suck all happiness from our minds until we see only darkness around us.

The spell to drive the dementors of the USCIS away is, of course "Expecto hara-patta-nem!" (For non-Hindi speakers, hara-patta = green card).

Unfortunately, unlike Harry, the spell doesn't seem to work very well for me. I must be a muggle (or maybe a squib).

:D :D

bhartiy

Believe me I understand how you feel after being in the post RFE response rec'd, pre approval space. (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125974 ) I think you can see the same feeling in my post.

I think this is one of the most frustrating time periods, because you seem to be so close you can almost taste it, but know from bitter years of waiting that there is nothing certain in the process.

My take on this and I know it will not comfort you in the slightest. They RFE'd your case, which means that after sitting on the shelf for so long that it has be touched by human hands. From what we all have seen you have to jump this hurdle in order to be approved. Usually the time between RFE and APL is fairly close. I would argue that provided your lawyers gave a competant answer to your RFE then the chances of denial at this point are slight. What is possibly holding you us is a FP, security check, redirection of IIO resources or some other such administrivia. Hang tough and you will be there soon. In my case I was sweating over approvals, because the web site does not update in real time. My case was approved 7th May, but the web site did not show it until 12th May (last update date also did nto change). So you may already be approved but don't know it. I told you this would give you no comfort.

paulclarke1

believe me, it was comforting to receive a reply from you, an experienced old timer who has gone through all this.
Thanks.

ih8uscis
Though not a Harry Potter fan myself (my children are, though) I have to say.. good one.

RFE Submitted Online tracker date changed

I-140 RD 02/02/2004
I-485 RD 02/27/2004
I-765 RD 02/27/2004
I-131 RD 02/27/2004

I-140 RFE requested 03/05/2004. (Employer Tax returns and BANK Statements. My w2-forms and Pay stubs).

First Finger print done on 06/07/2004

I-140 Rfe Sent on 06/04/2004
I-140 RFE submitted 06/08/2004

Online tracer date changed on 06/10/2004

I went local office to enquire about INTERIM EAD. They told me that they can't issue me Interim EAD because my case still on HOLD. They told me to contact Nation Service Center-Nebraska. I called they and applied for status check. Anyone faced similiar situation. Share with me.
Thanks

bhartiy :

Eventhough our RD's are 5 months apart , looking at the recent approvals , my feeling is that you would get your approval before mine. I remember seeing some approvals in Aug/Sep/Nov but none in June/July.

Good luck and keep us posted any changes in your case.

RD 7/7/02
FP 1 : 12/26/02
FRE : 3/24/04 ( was generated just 2 days before the FP expiratoin Date, going by 15 month rule )
RFE reply received by USCIS : 4/26/04

Waiting for 2nd FP / Approval ...............

KGReddy and paulclarke1
Thank you for your kind words.

ohioApp
You haven't updated your ND in the worsheet "RFE Analysis.xls".
Could you pl. do that?
Thanks.

Guys... Whats going on !!!

Nobody from this Thread got an approval lately... its bad...
Some are getting approval in less than 10 days and most of us in this thread are waiting forever... INS still doesn't have a proper way of approving cases.. everything is random...

Lets wait and wait and wait and wait......... wait....

Our Cases Approved, Passport Stamped Today!

Feb 2002 I-485 Cases Approved, Passport Stamped.

Hi, my friends,

Finally, our (my wife, my kid and myself) I485 cases are approved after long, long waiting (846 days).

Here are the detail information:

I-140:
RD-11//01
AD-01/02

I-485:
RD-02/02
1st FP- 04/02
2nd FP- 12/03
1st EAD/AP... 2nd EAD and 3rd EAD(I never use them since I hold H-1)

RFE - 03/18/04, Updated on Web Side 03/19/04
For me – Same work terms and position as my I-140verification
For my wife -- Marriage Certificate Verification
RFE - Received by NSC- on 05/07/04
RFE info - Updated on WEB - on 05/12/04

I485 –Approved on 06/01/04 for all of us.
I485 -Approval status updated on 06/02/04 on Web and received e-mails for all of us.
Approval letter: received on 06/08/04 (we got the copies and attorney got the original).

Passport Stamped: Today

Today, 06/15/04, we had our passport stamped @ Chicago office at about 8.00 AM to 8:30 AM. We drove to there @ about 6:20 AM and parked my car @ an public parking lot on the side of State St ($6 for all day), went and stood in the line @ 6.40 AM. There were about 40 people were ahead of us. They let us in at 7.00 AM. After getting inside, on 2nd floor, each person gets a ticket with a number and is asked to wait in the hall.

For passport stamping, the ticket number starts with B 201. Ours were 209, 210 and 211. It was @ 8:00 AM for our turn. The I.O. asked for the approval letter, passport, all AP, one form of ID. He took our EAD and threw them into a garbage box, then he said have a sit and wait minutes. @ about 8:25 AM he asked us come in and sign at a card and also gave the right index finger printed on it. He returned our PP and said your PP had been stamped and told us that from now you can use it for traveling and working. He also said that maybe we should wait about one year to receive our plastic cards.

Anyway, the long, long waiting is over. This site has been a great help. I will continue visiting this site. Thanks everybody for sharing information and you will all get your approval soon.

Thanks so much, all my friends.

;) :) :p