Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

5/11. reved by cis on 21. Which thread is this? What do you mean by remote chance for second FP? you mean postponed second FP, or possible apporved without second FP?

FP is done by contractor in a more timely manner. The variation is mostly due to they have to cycle through many month applications. what I am not sure is, are we a separate queue if RFEed. Then how the FP is handled. Why can't IIO initiate FP request since we have everything ready but that?

Last edited by a moderator:
My first FP was done on 12/26/02 and my FRE for EVL was generated on 3/24/04 just two days before my FP were supposed to expire , if one can go by 15 month expiry rule.

RD 7/7/02

hidden_dragon:
Here is copy paste of the dsatish's thread.

dsatish
immigrationportal.ORG Join Date: Mar 2003

Quote:
is it possible to be approved without 2FP?

It's not possible. Almost sure. This is because they have a policy that security check should be done just before approving the case (in addition to the initial check they have done when they received the FP results). The only exception is when the officer picks up your file just 1 or 2 days before the FP expiry and issues a routine RFE before approval. That way technically your FP might ave expired when you received the RFE, but you still might be approved if you reply to RFE quickly.
Don't worry, there are thousands of people (including me) with expired FP1 and eagerly / hopelessly waiting for FP2.

My RFE was generated on April 27, about 10 days after theoratical 15 months.

Count me in here:

ND: Sept 2002
FP1: Oct 2002
FP2: May 2003
RFE issued: 5/6/2004, EVL
RFE sent to USCIS: 6/5/2004 (AC21 letter, EVL, paystubs, Company 2003 Tax return form)
RFE recvd by USCIS: 6/7/2004 (Website status updated & email notified)
AD:????

I am in the same boat too...

I am waiting for atleast the 2FP Notice, I don't know about you guys but this thing is severly effecting my ability to perform at work. I am unable to concentrate on work as this thing is bugging me a lot. It has been a patient 2 weeks since the response for RFE was received, but no Update as of yet.

I check the status almost every hour, though I am registered for automatic email from USCIS.

ND: 12/20/2002
1FP: 02/01/2003
2FP: ??/??/????
RFE: 05/06/2004 (EVL and Address)
response recieved by USCIS on 05/27/2004, Updated on 05/28/2004.

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys..

Naamuthi:
Same here man! It will be ironical if we lost the "permanent job offer" because of being impatient while waiting for I485 based on "permanent job offer" :D

We got the same feelings :eek:
The first thing I do when I get in the office is checking the online status, it's sucks. In some day, we should let USCIS people to taste our feelings. That would be very fun. :p

RFE: 05/07/2004 (EVL)

did no wish to dissappoint you

But, i have not seen many approvals where fp2 was done after
rfe was received. my rfe rd for 485 is 28 april, 2004 and 2fp is 18 june.
i have gone through the agony you guys are going through and
have finally stopped hoping that approval is coming soon.

Same here as well. I find it effective if you find something else to take over your focus. We have waited so long, so take a deep breath and hang in there.

true

i am focussing on making sure that i keep my job safe, since my job has become so important because my gc is attached to it.

time frame

Hi All,

In one post, it was mentioned that after you send the response for RFE it has a date specified after which we can call for the status. In my case its still saying 570 to 600...even though it says it might take less time than this. Any ideas?

On June 7, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

skris

Hi guys,

I called National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 a moment ago checking the time frame of processing our cases, I was told I need to wait 60 days after RFE received by them, if I didn't get any feedback after 60 days, I should give them a call and they will send a request to immigration officer.

RFE: 05/07/2004 (EVL)
AD: :eek: / :eek: / :eek:

If I am not mistaken the 60 days rule also includes the condition that the case ND must be atleast 30 days PAST the processing time. So e.g. 485 processing time is 02/15/02, then your case has to have ND of 01/15/02 or ealrier AND 60 days must have past since RFE response was received, before they do a case referral. Did the customer rep mention that ?

I am open to correction though...

Per Online

after a long wait, it says approved!!!

RD/ND - Feb'02
2nd FP - Dec'03
RFE Received - 13 May'04 (Last updated 14th and 18th May)
-Rfe was EVL for self and Medical for spouse.
AD - 9 Jun'04.

Wish you all good luck and Thanks for your info and inputs.
-Pathik