San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to attorney

Upgraded from assistance to real attorney. She says DOL called them back and said wait for a month before they check for NOF cases.

labor approved.

My labor got approved. DOL sent a NOF with 3 questions.
Retested the market and got the approval.

DOT code: dont know
LaborPD: sesa - Oct,2001, Dol-Oct, 2002
RIR/Non-RIR: RIR
Job desc. programmer/analyst
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) : Masters no exp
Any queries at State or Federal level: no state query, 3 question NOF at federal
Company Size & location: around 30 employees with no layoffs

Re: labor approved.

Cool dude. Congratulations!
Good luck for the I-140/485 stage.

Originally posted by venkatram
My labor got approved. DOL sent a NOF with 3 questions.
Retested the market and got the approval.

DOT code: dont know
LaborPD: sesa - Oct,2001, Dol-Oct, 2002
RIR/Non-RIR: RIR
Job desc. programmer/analyst
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) : Masters no exp
Any queries at State or Federal level: no state query, 3 question NOF at federal
Company Size & location: around 30 employees with no layoffs

venkatram

congratulations venkatram! Could you tell us the date you replied to the NOF from DOL? Good luck in I-140.

thanks to venkatram, for update

Congratulations!!
Venkatram, your DOT code is probably one of 999.151.031/032
From you sesa date, i assume you applied in EB2 category.

What is your company location and job location?
As i guess Bay area guys are more unlucky then southern california.

futuruisbright,
could you give details of your friend like,

DOT code:
LaborPD:
EB2/EB3, RIR/Non-RIR:
Job desc.:
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) :
Any queries at State or Federal level:
Company Size & location :

NOF types

Guys,
If somebody gets NOF, does it mean he got 3 options
1. Remand to State
2. Withdraw
3. Retest Market

As i have got NOF, but attorney doesn't reveal whether it was with 3 options. If it was, i'm sure they did retest the market, as its not gone to state nor withdrawn. But that's confusing too, as to qualify for RIR, don't you need to actively advertise?

I work for biggest DB company in peninsula, which has had hundreds of layoffs in past 2.5 years but are now hiring, even H1B's. But, i think they are not doing New-GC since about 8 months back.

Re: thanks to venkatram, for update

Hi Hanuman,

I applied in eb3 and company/job location is in bay area

Originally posted by hanuman_chalisa
Congratulations!!
Venkatram, your DOT code is probably one of 999.151.031/032
From you sesa date, i assume you applied in EB2 category.

What is your company location and job location?
As i guess Bay area guys are more unlucky then southern california.

futuruisbright,
could you give details of your friend like,

DOT code:
LaborPD:
EB2/EB3, RIR/Non-RIR:
Job desc.:
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) :
Any queries at State or Federal level:
Company Size & location :

Venkatram,
I was wrong SESA dates are for RIR/NonRIR irrespective of EB category.

Guys,
Has anyone seen EB2-RIR-BayArea-Software Engineer(MS+2yrs)-with-NOF, approved?

DOL started processing NOF cases?

Somebody posted a message earlier saying DOL is holding those NOF cases until the DOL officials figure out a way of how to process them.

Does Venkatram's case (NOF, got approved) mean the DOL defreezes those NOF cases and start processing them?

can someone post the DOL processing dates please..
meaning are they processing cases with RD 15Nov 2002 or 20Nov 2002??

Thanks

can someone post the DOL processing dates please..
meaning are they processing cases with RD 15Nov 2002 or 20Nov 2002??

Thanks

processing dates

Guys

Has anyone with DOL date of Nov 2002 heard anything, my application moved to DOL in Nov 2002.

The online phone system says they are processing Nov 2002 applications (I think this is the second month that it is stuck at Nov 2002)..

Any ideas what is happening or anyone in the same situation???
reval_wait

Remand Jhatka

Does anybody know of any attorney who has taken any specific action to handle "Remand Jhatka"?
Please post if you know any - and what other option - if any - we have other than waiting.

My attorney said that he would write to EDD/SESA asking them to Remand it to DOL! Is he mad or public?

My case was remanded sometime in Aug'03.

Re: Remand Jhatka

Originally posted by FightUnjustLC
My attorney said that he would write to EDD/SESA asking them to Remand it to DOL! Is he mad or public?

Remand to DOL? What does that mean?

GC from a diff state

folks,

It's been almost 2 years since my LC was filed. No clue how long it would furthur take...On top, company, a startup is NOT faring toooo well...might sink after an year time!

Hence, I am seriously thinking of applying from a diff state.( haven't yet found a contractor who is ready to do for me...but striving very hard to find one..). Have the following unanswered questions churning in my mind. Would be real great if you gurus throw some light...

1) Is that OK if both GC's processing go parallely. Should I withdraw one of them at some stage later?? If so, at what stage should one withdraw?

2) I see five service centres. California, Texas, Vermont, Nebraska and Missouri for processing I-140 and I-485. Which of them is faster? Which of them is safer (is this a valid question :confused: )? Which states would come under each of these service centres? [eg: which states Nebraska center would handle? e.t.c].

kawlifornia (the arnold way..) su**s!!

Regards,
srk77

HI FightUnjustLC

Anyway sombody is saying that all the remanded cases from DOL to EDD are first in putting the cases in EDD and then again they are sending them back to DOL.What DOL do after this is a very big question??But how long this is true nobody knows!!!!!!!!.

Regards
Raj:confused:

Re: Re: Remand Jhatka

I suppose it means send the case as it is back to DOL for adjudication. Asking EDD/SESA to do so is what my attorney wants and drafting a letter that to be sent to EDD/SESA. Upon receipt of the letter, it would be their choice to do it or not but would certainly reply to the official letter.

DOL, if they receive it back from EDD, may reject it though. And if they do reject, they must also justify why. It's an effort to get out of the too uncertain "remand jhatka" and open dialogue with the agency.

Originally posted by jnathan
Remand to DOL? What does that mean?

Re: processing dates IN DOL SF

DOL IS PROCESSING NOV 2002 FOR LAST TWO & HALF MONTH..........
DO ANY BODY KNOWS THE REASON WHY DOL IS STUCK ON NOV 02 FOR THIS LONG AS EARLIER IT WAS ONE MONTH IN 15 DAYS.......
IS IT COZ DOL SEATTLE HAS FORWARDED CASES TO DOL SF , I READ SOME WHERE THAT
( Cases of USDOL/ Seattle are forwarded to USDOL/San Francisco for processing and final determination. Status check be made at USDOL/ San Francisco )
ANY UPDATES ............. ???????
TONY

Status
Not open for further replies.