San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few weeks there are hardly any updates, so I think DOL is again gone into hibernation. I guess there was news that some guidance will be issued in a week or two... hope those guidelines are favorable to us.

Originally posted by RAJ!234
Hi Folks

Everybody is frustrated and opening a new thread.The thread count only increasing!!!!!.Now really what is the situation for remanded RIR Cases??Guys i think that remanding is only in SFO Area!!!!.In other states most of my friends have filed for 485.
what is this stupid DOL is doing ??I dont know.

Regards
Raj

Re: A friend of mine got his labor approved !

Hi Dasbabu,
Could you please give us the DOL PD of your friend's case.
- waitinginhell

Originally posted by dasbabu

A friend of mine got his labor approved last week. His was an EB-2 case,
in Bay Area, company size (~3500), some layoffs (not large-scale).
His case was not remanded. Was filed 2 years back.

At least somebody is happy ... (and he took me for dinner :)

Re: DasBabu's approval posting

dasbabu wrote:
A friend of mine got his labor approved last week. His was an EB-2 case .......

Dasbabu can you please give details of your friend
DOT code:
DOL PD:
RIR/Non-RIR:
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) :
Any queries at State or Federal level:

This will help in extrapolating which cases DOL favors.

Jai ho!

WaitingBhai/HanumanBhai :)
I do't knowthe DOT code of my friend. Roughly, he is in typical
software R&D engineer (basically writes "Hello WOrld" type of
program) :) They might have given him some fancy title though
His case was filed to EDD in Oct 2001, sent to DOL in Oct 2002,
approved in Oct 2003. Lucky October.
RIR.
Job requirement: MS in ECE/CS/EE or (BS +2-4 years exp)
No query from DOL/EDD.

That's all I know.

Dasbabu

HI DasBhai,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I think I also fall under same "Hello World" type programming category and has a fancy title too :D. So I hope my case will get certified soooooooon!

-WaitingInHell

Originally posted by dasbabu
WaitingBhai/HanumanBhai :)
I do't knowthe DOT code of my friend. Roughly, he is in typical
software R&D engineer (basically writes "Hello WOrld" type of
program) :) They might have given him some fancy title though
His case was filed to EDD in Oct 2001, sent to DOL in Oct 2002,
approved in Oct 2003. Lucky October.
RIR.
Job requirement: MS in ECE/CS/EE or (BS +2-4 years exp)
No query from DOL/EDD.

That's all I know.

Dasbabu

Hell-Bhai,
Let's pray for each other and hopefully we all would pass all the hurdles.

-- "Hello World" kind of guy. :)

Re: Data for analysis of DOL trend

futureisbright wrote:
Somone in my company got certified on Sept 3, 2003. The RD was Oct 7, 2002..........

Dear futureisbright,
Could you please do a great job like dasbabu did, let us know following, to see DOL trend.

DOT code:
DOL PD:
RIR/Non-RIR:
Job Requirements (Degree + #years exp.) :
Any queries at State or Federal level:
Company Size & location: <Hint like, biggest DB software company in Peninsula.>

Jai Ho!

LC processing Time

hi

I have MS in Electrical and working in bay area for a large corporation (With offices in 170 countries)

My company applied for my greencard in EB2 and receipt date is
12-16-2002.

How long it is taking for the green card processing? When Can I Expect my LC

Thanks in advance

pran10

Its SESA Receipt date right ? RIR or NON RIR ?

If its sesa receipt date (PD : PRIORITY DATE) & RIR your application will be reviewed soon by sesa (as they are processing Nov 22 02 today).. SESA will forward you application to DOL which again will take about a year. So you should expect your labor in end of next year. I-140/I-485 will take 16 to 20 months !

Hi gp111,
You say that DOL is processing cases around Nov 22. What is this info based on ? I just did some random checking and looks like they are still stuck on Nov 6 - 7th time frame. Surely looks like they are waiting on some kind of memo from the powers to be at their head office.

I think gp111 was talking about SESA (State) processing date
as being Nov. 22, 2002. Do not confuse it with DOL date.

Originally posted by GreenCardsRUS
Hi gp111,
You say that DOL is processing cases around Nov 22. What is this info based on ? I just did some random checking and looks like they are still stuck on Nov 6 - 7th time frame. Surely looks like they are waiting on some kind of memo from the powers to be at their head office.

INS acknowledges the website/phone-system error

Errors on Receipt Notices from the Service Centers
10/9/2003
The California Service Center has advised the AILA-CSC Liaison Committee that an upgrade to the USCIS computer system resulted in errors relating to the number of days it takes to process applications, petitions, motions and appeals on all receipt notices issued by service centers on October 6 and 7. The error also caused the NCSC call-in automated system and the CIS online system to incorrectly report processing dates. These errors were nation-wide, and not limited to the CSC.

The CSC will not issue receipt notices until the problem has been resolved. Until that time, people are urged to refer to the most current processing times report for the CSC. AILA is checking on whether the other service centers also are holding off on receipts.

Anyone knows?

Anyone knows how much time it will take after labor certification to get EAD or GC? As you notice my RD is Dec 27, 2002 and is quite close.

There are chances that I may be transferred to new company in Utah. Should I go for new LC from there (Is Utah fast for whole GC processing)?

Also I was thinking that if I change my company my existing experience would count too. right?

Please advise.

SESA assesment notice

Hello All:
I know there is a different thread for SESA related issues. But posting this here as some of you might have gone through the situtation I am in now.

Got an Assesment Notice from SESA and now the company wants to give business justifiction for my Labor. I wanted to know if any of you have gone through this and how did you/your company justify the Labor. What did you show to justify the case.

Also does anyone know, what happens if the justification given by the comapny gets rejected - will the application be rejected altogether or will it be put in non-RIR.

TIA.

FYI

Just talked to my attorney's legal assistance.

I had got NOF from DOL around May 2003, my DOL PD is April 2002. Attorney replied within a week. Since then DOL has given
no update. So she called team lead of DOL officers and he said that CA DOL and Federal DOL are negotiating about what should done. It may take a week, month .... before decision is made. Then they will start processing these cases.

Basically NOF cases around June 2003 are just sitting there with no actions on them till negotiation results come out.

Jai Ho!

Anyone got receipt or case number from DOL for cases forwarded from SESA on or after Aug, 2003?

My case was forwarded to DOL in Aug, 03. I still havn't received receipt and case number from DOL.

thanks futureisbright

What does DOT code 999.112.021 represent. Not Software engineer nor Systems programmer, right?

I think people like me with DOT 999.151.031/032 are unlucky one.
Hope CA DOL and Federal DOL negotiate to approve cases waiting for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.