San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilbert,
H1 extension is taking about 8-9 months. I am in the similar
situation (getting H1 extended and labor remanded).

Lets wait and see ...

DasBabu

many companies maynot be interested in premium processing.
They told me that premium costs about additional $1400 (incl.
additional lawyer fees).

As we are going on the H1- EXTN discussion Can somebody clarify if the cost of converting a regular H1-extn to premium be passed onto the employee.

I think the co I work transfers these costs to the employee.

Hi Folks,

My 6 year H1 period will be ending on may 2004.How long before i have to apply for extension??

Thanks
Raj

U can file 6 months before expiry of u r visa.
Originally posted by RAJ!234
Hi Folks,

My 6 year H1 period will be ending on may 2004.How long before i have to apply for extension??

Thanks
Raj

What does INS/BCIS update first?

From the past experience of you people, could you answer the following?

When INS/BCIS/Whichaver-immigration-agency approves something,
where can we get the information first?
1. In the phone system database?
2. In the online-status check datatabse?
3. In the letter sent to the lawyer?

Just curious to know what you people know/think. If the laywer gets the
letter first before phone/online database, , then we could (at least I would)
stop checking the database on a regular basis. Then, we would just hope
to get a majic phone call from lawyer with the good news.

What do you say guys?

Hi Srini and jnathan,

Thanks for yr reply.I applied for my 6th year extension on feb 2003.That hasnt come.So after that only probably my company lawyer will apply for extension for 7th year.what to do in this situation??

Thanks
Raj

You don't have a choice, you have to wait for 6th year extension to come thru and then apply for the 7th year.

6th year and 7th year extension

RAJ!234, csrini1

I applied for 6th year and 7th year together in one form. Meaning my lawyer asked expiration date as 7th year.

Hi Raj,
Check with your company if they are ready to upgrade your 6th year extention application to premium processing , INS expects more fees for premium prpcessing of h1 extension but you will get the extension lot faster mostly in a month.
Regards,
apms
Originally posted by RAJ!234
Hi Srini and jnathan,

Thanks for yr reply.I applied for my 6th year extension on feb 2003.That hasnt come.So after that only probably my company lawyer will apply for extension for 7th year.what to do in this situation??

Thanks
Raj

hanuman_chalisa,

Wow, your lawyer is really cool !! for applying at the same time for both 6 and 7th year. Had they applied separately, they would have charged 2 times right??
You can spend 1400(1000+ 400 for lawyers) and go for premium processing, in which case you get approval in 10 working dates.

Re-advertise: RD Nov 4th 2002

My company was asked to re-advertise- RIR. Now, there are qualified candidates, so my company is responding that there are qualified candidates. My labour is sure to be rejected in this case.

My lawyer is advising me to remand the case to State Non-RIR. She says this way, 'll have a state priority date of Nov 2002 in the Non-RIR category.

Anyone else with similar experience? What happens once DOL receives the response? Will they reject my labour straight away or will they remand it to state?

Thanks,
Tell_me_more

Hi Folks

Thanks for answering my question.My 6th year will be ending in middle of may 2004.Suppose if i get my 6th year extension in feb 2004.Then can i extend my h1 for 7th year??i mean within may 2004 it must be applied??or Approved??

Thanks
Raj

Re: Over 2 yrs for GC....

Your case MAY have been transfered to the state. It is currently processing Apr. 2001. It will have to review your case when it reaches Aug 2001 and then after approval, forward it to DOL. Based on when it transfers it to DOL, DOL will pick the file and process it. I guess that is how your attorney has calculated the time frame. Sad but may be the truth that many of us have to face :(

Originally posted by vishu6
So after waiting for over two years this is what my case looks like:
PD:8/01
Case transferred to DOL : 7/02
Case remanded by DOL : 5/03

Does it mean that they have put the file aside and will open it after a while or they just put the case in the regular processing queue and maybe they will open my case when they start processing 7/02 ...

Fees ??

I read that the filing fees are going down by 1000 bucks from 1st October'03. Does anybody knows how much is the filing fees for h1b extension now ? Does premium processing means 1000 dollars more only?

Originally posted by dasbabu
many companies maynot be interested in premium processing.
They told me that premium costs about additional $1400 (incl.
additional lawyer fees).

Re: Fees ??

Yeah, I heard that the legislation was such that when they increased the quota to 195000, they asked for a grand to be paid towards education programs. Now that the legislation has reached its sunset, so has the $1000 tithe.

Premium processing was always just a 1000 bucks more + any lawyer fees.

Originally posted by Dilbert_Cal
I read that the filing fees are going down by 1000 bucks from 1st October'03. Does anybody knows how much is the filing fees for h1b extension now ? Does premium processing means 1000 dollars more only?

Status
Not open for further replies.