San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kab_ayega_gc

H1 Cap reduction is for NEW H1s only. H1 Transfers / Extensions are not part of new H1 Cap of 69000

LC refiling option

All,

My LC is with DOL - RD Nov 14,2002, DOT Code: 999.131-111

My lawyers are suggesting re-filing under traditional. The reason being the current case was filed under RIR is a "weak" case, does not have enough details to survive the remand - traditional processing when DOL remands my case.

Any thoughts / views towards this!

I am running out of time, basically am having to get out of the country for couple months to be eligible for the 1yr LC filing - 7th yr H1 ext option

Hands down the worst time of my life so far!!!

SS1123

If you refile then you will loose your PD and your status to obtain the 7th year extension on you H1. Your lawyer/You should wait for DOL to process your app and if DOL remands (currently I do not see any remands anyways; they are approving or giving 3 letter nof or simply waiting) then it goes to traditional anyways and you'll be eligible for the 7th year H1 when its pending.

If your company can file another LC for different Job category then try that. This eliminates the possiblity of your current LC being cancelled.

I do not understand why you have to go out and that too couple of months to be eligible for 7th year, probably Iam missing something. The Eligibility for 7 th year is when your LC/140 is pending for more than a year.

Re: Re: spicensour

Same for me. My case was forwarded to DOL on 8/22. Still not get receipt and case number from DOL. Checked DOL AVM, no luck.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ravi_kiran99
Hi spicensour

I am in the same Boat as you. My case was transmitted to DOL on August 7th ( My employer/lawyer got a letter from EDD)
I haven't heard anything after that and the AVM also does not give any information. I contacted my lawyer and got a reply that we have to wait till the DOL sends a case number.

Please let me (this forum) know , if u see any updates to your case.

Thanks
Ravi.

Originally posted by spicensour
Of course Ravi.I'll be more than happy to do that.But the situation really suxs.:mad:
I was wondering if there is a time limit for DOL to revert back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titan01,

Traveling out of the country for couple months is if I file a new case in that situation I do not have a year.

Anyways, could you elaborate on the Remand vs other options that DOL is currently giving us?? What does that really mean??

Thanks a bunch!!

When people are talking about DOL RD like 7 th aug, is it 2003 or 2002, if it is 2002, u should have heard something by now, if it is 2003, it is a long wait, sorry...

A very basic question

Is the RD for DOL same as the date on which the case was transferred to DOL.

Does DOL send a RD to our lawyers?? My lawyer was saying that the DOT code is assigned after the DOL approval

What i heard is the transferred date to DOL is different from received date by DOL, and DOL goes by the date they received.
I saw a gap of more than 1 month between the two.

It's 2003. It's almost 3 months already. You should at least get receipt from DOL. How long does it take to get the receipt?
People are not talking about getting certified, but getting receipt.

Originally posted by csrini1
When people are talking about DOL RD like 7 th aug, is it 2003 or 2002, if it is 2002, u should have heard something by now, if it is 2003, it is a long wait, sorry...

Does anyone know which day of Nov DOL is processesing now? Mine is 12th Nov 2002 but still in recipt status....

Dharma,

How to find the receipt status and what is this AVM?? and how to check the status of ones case at DOL??

Thanks
CSRini1

Hi Jnathan,

People applied on 2001 are still waiting (About 2 years) or more than 2 years.

Regards
Raj

To all the guys waiting for a receipt letter...

I've been a little bit anxious myself that my employer hasn't received receipt letter from DOL yet. Checked AVM by entering employer's no but says phone no can't be located. Please keep us updated if anyone around this date got theirs. Thanks.

PD at EDD : OCt 21, 2002
EDD to DOL : Sept 10, 2003

Originally posted by RAJ!234
Hi Jnathan,

People applied on 2001 are still waiting (About 2 years) or more than 2 years.

Regards
Raj

Raj,
I meant waiting one year for getting a RECEIPT from DOL as an acknowledgement for receiving the petition from SESA (not actual certification).

Hi Jnathan

In California state everybody is frustrated.what DOL is doing we dont know exactly.Some other states are faster and my friends in other states(Like vermont) are getting labor cleared within 5 months(Those who are working in consulting companies).

Regards
Raj

CSR, AVM automated voice message(not sure) one can call this # punchin your case # and get the status...... check it out..

Originally posted by csrini1
Dharma,

How to find the receipt status and what is this AVM?? and how to check the status of ones case at DOL??

Thanks
CSRini1

Originally posted by jnathan
Raj,
I meant waiting one year for getting a RECEIPT from DOL as an acknowledgement for receiving the petition from SESA (not actual certification).

Thanks for clarifying jnathan.People think we have gone bananas.
1.I was just wondering if there is anyone whose case was acknowledged as recd. by DOL from mid august to now at all.

2. Also is there anyone on this forum who got the ack.letter(RD) from DOL after 1-4 months and can tell about the date they consider transferred it.
3.Whether the RD at DOL was closer to the date tranmitted by SESA or different?
May be this info can soothe our blasting nerves.
Keeping my fingers crossed.:confused:

Guys, do not worry too much. Your case will eventually show up
in DOL system. It is just a matter of time.
Take my case for example (currently remanded to STATE
by DOL)

EDD transmittal Date: Aug. 28, 2002
Showed up in DOL data base only around Oct. 15, 2002,
that is when they put it in their system (and lawyer got the
letter from DOL) with
DOL Receive date (RD): Sept., 5th 2002

I hope that explains.

Originally posted by spicensour
Thanks for clarifying jnathan.People think we have gone bananas.
1.I was just wondering if there is anyone whose case was acknowledged as recd. by DOL from mid august to now at all.

2. Also is there anyone on this forum who got the ack.letter(RD) from DOL after 1-4 months and can tell about the date they consider transferred it.
3.Whether the RD at DOL was closer to the date tranmitted by SESA or different?
May be this info can soothe our blasting nerves.
Keeping my fingers crossed.:confused:

h1b extension

When did you file for your H1B extension. Anybody has an idea how long H1B extension is taking nowadays.

As if Labour wasnt pain enough, I got the extension to take care of :)

Hey guys! on a side note a question : This new H1b reduction which is w.e.f. Oct 2003 will it affect any existing renewls? Mine is still pending extension. [/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.