San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
stalwart said:
I had BS + over 4 yrs exp before the current job when I applied. I don't know what exp the attorney actually put in the application form. hope that helps.
Congrats. Good luck for the next phase.

Feb 10th took this whole week also. I hope they start Feb 11 atleast next monday !

09547247 : 999.172-072 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547249 : 999.151-032 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547253 : 999.151-041 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547264 : 999.193-021 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547270 : 999.513-011 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004

Hi GP111 and others,
This is not the right question for this group, but i appreciate if u can clarify my questions. I filed in RIR (C.A) on Nov, last year. I am expecting the SWA to take up my case shortly. My salary at that time was only 94% of the prevaling market salary. My company is willing to make it 100% now. Can i file an amendment now or do i have to wait till they (SWA) issues a querry. Or will it be rejected outright.
Thanks in advance.
--murali

m_chundi said:
Hi GP111 and others,
This is not the right question for this group, but i appreciate if u can clarify my questions. I filed in RIR (C.A) on Nov, last year. I am expecting the SWA to take up my case shortly. My salary at that time was only 94% of the prevaling market salary. My company is willing to make it 100% now. Can i file an amendment now or do i have to wait till they (SWA) issues a querry. Or will it be rejected outright.
Thanks in advance.
--murali

What Salary was offered on LC Application ? Current Salary does not need to be matched with LC Offered / Prevaling Wage but Offered Salary Should Match with Prevaling... If those to differs by 10% or more, SWA will send RFE & in reply your company can send Amendment. SO do not worry, it won't be rejected outright.

gp111 said:
What Salary was offered on LC Application ? Current Salary does not need to be matched with LC Offered / Prevaling Wage but Offered Salary Should Match with Prevaling... If those to differs by 10% or more, SWA will send RFE & in reply your company can send Amendment. SO do not worry, it won't be rejected outright.

Thanks gp111,
I have to talk to my attorney to get that info. Our attorney brought this issue up with my boss ( before filing) and he responded but did not cc me at that time. ( I was told it was taken care of and not to worry).
--murali

gp111 said:
Feb 10th took this whole week also. I hope they start Feb 11 atleast next monday !

09547247 : 999.172-072 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547249 : 999.151-032 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547253 : 999.151-041 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547264 : 999.193-021 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
09547270 : 999.513-011 :: Cetrified Aug 12, 2004
is it still feb 10

Just thought i'll share with you folks regarding my case. I'm sure there are others in the same boat. Let me know, if you have any updates on this?

My wife's LC is going through a Mid-size bayarea company. Her RD is 03/24/2003. My H1 is expiring (6 yrs limit) on 02/2005. My company hasn't applied for my LC. So, the question i have is whether i can stay on H4 after my H1 expires - I think the answer is "NO". Is there anyway i can extend my stay (probably a H4 visa) when my wife's LC is still pending?

Lets take a case where a person is on a H4 from the begining. Just wondering, whether the person can extend his/her stay beyond 6 years when the spouse's H1 is in the 7th or 8th year extension?

gcwait2002 said:
Just thought i'll share with you folks regarding my case. I'm sure there are others in the same boat. Let me know, if you have any updates on this?

My wife's LC is going through a Mid-size bayarea company. Her RD is 03/24/2003. My H1 is expiring (6 yrs limit) on 02/2005. My company hasn't applied for my LC. So, the question i have is whether i can stay on H4 after my H1 expires - I think the answer is "NO". Is there anyway i can extend my stay (probably a H4 visa) when my wife's LC is still pending?

Lets take a case where a person is on a H4 from the begining. Just wondering, whether the person can extend his/her stay beyond 6 years when the spouse's H1 is in the 7th or 8th year extension?

If your wife gets extension on H1, you will also get Extension in H4.. All you have to do is apply for her h1 extension & Your change of status.

gcwait2002 said:

May be I might be wrong but this what I can think of ....

1)If your Wife is applying for 7th year H1 extension then you can change the status to H4 and be here.But if Her H1 extension is regular extension(Before 6years) then you may not be eligible to change the status and be Here .Reason is you can only stay on H visa for 6years.But you can stay more than that provided 7th year extension is filed and approved.

2)As per the new rule that recently came ,If possible May be you can file LC now and before expiry of 6th year limit file for the7th year extension and be here.You can find more information of that rule Http://www.murthy.com/news/n_h1bext.html

WaitingonLC said:
May be I might be wrong but this what I can think of ....

1)If your Wife is applying for 7th year H1 extension then you can change the status to H4 and be here.But if Her H1 extension is regular extension(Before 6years) then you may not be eligible to change the status and be Here .Reason is you can only stay on H visa for 6years.But you can stay more than that provided 7th year extension is filed and approved.

2)As per the new rule that recently came ,If possible May be you can file LC now and before expiry of 6th year limit file for the7th year extension and be here.You can find more information of that rule Http://www.murthy.com/news/n_h1bext.html

Can u shift to F1 temporarily if u dont get ur EAD by that time. My guess is u may get ur EAD by that time. Be ready with all the documentation and file immediatly after ur wife's labor certification. One of my colleage got his EAD in 2 1/2 months. About a month back there was discussion on this (Jharkandi gave some suggestions on how to change status for this), i am not able to locate that link. Hope this helps.
--murali

Thanks for the response. I cannot shift to F1 visa.

Based on the feedback, looks like i can extend my stay with a H4. :) But, i hope this LC stuff moves fast enough for me to get my EAD. :D

Really Annoying

gp111 and all,

I've been waiting for LC for more than 2 years. It's getting annoying since my wife is waiting for the Work Authorization Document to find a job. Given my priority date is some time in mid 2003, it's probably another 6 to 12 month for me to get LC cleared. :(

Can you guys shed some light on H1 and H4 visas.

I hold a H1 visa since 03/16/1999. The 6 years limit will be reached at 03/13/2005. My wife hold a H4 visa since 12/05/1999.

If she find a job now and the employer sponsors H1 visa for her, how much time will be approved on her H1 visa?

If she find a job after 03/13/2005 while I'm on my 7th year extension, can she apply for H1 visa for the job? If can't, what is required (or how to do) for her to be eligible to apply for H1 visa?

Thanks

Your wife can work on H1 only till 03/13/2005

Your limit to stay in US is limited to 6 yrs if you r on H1/H4. You can't stay more than that. You can get an H1 for her now and she can work till 3/13/2005. 7th year extension is not applicable for your wife, she should go back to H4 when you are on 7th year extension.

nogcnolife said:
gp111 and all,

I've been waiting for LC for more than 2 years. It's getting annoying since my wife is waiting for the Work Authorization Document to find a job. Given my priority date is some time in mid 2003, it's probably another 6 to 12 month for me to get LC cleared. :(

Can you guys shed some light on H1 and H4 visas.

I hold a H1 visa since 03/16/1999. The 6 years limit will be reached at 03/13/2005. My wife hold a H4 visa since 12/05/1999.

If she find a job now and the employer sponsors H1 visa for her, how much time will be approved on her H1 visa?

If she find a job after 03/13/2005 while I'm on my 7th year extension, can she apply for H1 visa for the job? If can't, what is required (or how to do) for her to be eligible to apply for H1 visa?

Thanks

gp111 said:

gp111,
The salary offered on the application was the prevailing wage. Since the diff is 6% Hopefully i will not get an RFE.
Thanks
--murali

this sucks

Thank your reply Krook1 and Prakash.

This really sucks. Can she apply for F1 visa, then after one year of holding F1 visa, apply for her own 6-year H1?

prakash12322 said:
Your limit to stay in US is limited to 6 yrs if you r on H1/H4. You can't stay more than that. You can get an H1 for her now and she can work till 3/13/2005. 7th year extension is not applicable for your wife, she should go back to H4 when you are on 7th year extension.

GC Question???

Hi everyone, first of all thanks for all of you who are doing an excellent job here providing valuable information for those who are in need of them. I am counting on you all for a question from my side. I have 2 1/2 years remaining in my h1 and in RIR Sfo dol with a priority date of dec2003. I am planning to move to MN state hoping that i can get GC quicker there. Can all of you gurus, tell me how good or bad is this idea. I am not able to make out the dates from the dol website. Any interpretation of these dates will be of very much use to me. Also, for MN state, where is the LCA, 140, 485 done? Is it done in the same state? Pls throw some suggestions. Thanking you all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.