San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCIsTortoise said:
gp111 said:
lets start week with some positive things..

Bunch of latest approvals...

Hi GP111/Guru,

Thank you for updates.

Could you tell the percentage of approval so far as well? What is the chance of getting certified if job requirement was BS+3 yrs/MS+6 months? 99.9999%?

Thanks.

I would say so.. if the salary offered is matching to Prevailing wages.

xyr888 said:
bucs2004,

Could you provide some more details about your LC?
1. Is MS + 2 your position requirement or your qualification?
2. If MS + 2 is your position requirement on 750A, what is your degree and experience?
3. What is your 3 option letter about? Were you asked to have one-day ad on local paper? How many respond?

Thanks in advance.
Sam

1. MS + 2 is my qualification
2. one-day ad for 3 options letter, i think none responded to ad.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks bucs2004--one more question

bucs2004,

Congratulations on your LC approval and thanks for your previous response. One more question:

What are education and experience requirement for your position shown on 750 A?

Thanks.
Sam

Getting impatient

My received date by san francisco dol is aug-2003. When do you guys think this will come through. Just getting impatient.

At this processing speed, It'll take about 8 months to 1 year to reach Aug'03.

prashant_jain said:
My received date by san francisco dol is aug-2003. When do you guys think this will come through. Just getting impatient.

LiveLifeKingSiz said:
Hi Folks,

This is my first time on this forum so let me know if Im not following any particular etiqutte :)
Can someone tell me how to track your case on the AVM using taxid ? My HR wouldnt give me my case # ( or the emp. phone # for that matter ) so I need to find a way to get around that. I tried calling the AVM # 415-9754617 and there are only 2 options. case # / phone #.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
LiveLifeKingSiz,

I am in the same boat with you. No Case#, No phone number.

My lawyer told me that DOL wouldn't give me the case# until they PROCESS my case. Is that true??? Someone please share this with me. I presume that I would get a case# after DOL received my application. DOL receipt date is around Apr. 2003 and I am in Arizona.

Thanks,

Relevance of dates (re-posted)

I am sorry for the re-post - didn't know how to 'create' a post on this forum, so am replying to another post.

Original thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138221

--

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I love it. Thanks a lot to all those who contribute selflessly.

I heard something disturbing this morning from none other than my lawyer. Not the paralegal, but the attorney himself.

My labor is currently with the regional office. My company is in San Jose, CA, and the application started in Apr 2002, and it moved from state to federal in Apr 2003. When I look at flcdatacenter.com, I see that my R_RO date is 4/14/2003 and the last activity is Received Regional Office. Since the current certification dates I am seeing are for 2/10/2003, I had called my paralegal to let her know that she should start preparing for my 140-485 concurrent filing.

To respond to that request, my lawyer called me this morning and told me that even though my date is 4/14/2003, they got the letter from the labor dept only in June 2003, so that will be the date I should look out for. So he told me I still have 6 months to start preparing for 140/485.

Is that true?

lifeislife said:
I am sorry for the re-post - didn't know how to 'create' a post on this forum, so am replying to another post.

Original thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138221

--

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I love it. Thanks a lot to all those who contribute selflessly.

I heard something disturbing this morning from none other than my lawyer. Not the paralegal, but the attorney himself.

My labor is currently with the regional office. My company is in San Jose, CA, and the application started in Apr 2002, and it moved from state to federal in Apr 2003. When I look at flcdatacenter.com, I see that my R_RO date is 4/14/2003 and the last activity is Received Regional Office. Since the current certification dates I am seeing are for 2/10/2003, I had called my paralegal to let her know that she should start preparing for my 140-485 concurrent filing.

To respond to that request, my lawyer called me this morning and told me that even though my date is 4/14/2003, they got the letter from the labor dept only in June 2003, so that will be the date I should look out for. So he told me I still have 6 months to start preparing for 140/485.

Is that true?

I may be wrong (1%) but if AVM says 4/14/03 then its 4/14 not June.

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:
lifeislife,

I agree with gp111. If AVM says 4/14/2003, its 4/14, not June. I suppose you know your case number, so you can call AVM (option 1, 1) and enter your case number. The system will tell you when the case was received by the DOL.

My DOL received date is also 4/14. My attorney has started the preliminary document collection for I-140/I-485 on my request.

gp111 said:

Thanks, gp111.

That's what I thought. I can't even blame the paralegals now - it was the lawyer who told me this. Maybe I should have him start the document collection anyway. Don't want to lose any time :)

HopeAlive said:
lifeislife,

I agree with gp111. If AVM says 4/14/2003, its 4/14, not June. I suppose you know your case number, so you can call AVM (option 1, 1) and enter your case number. The system will tell you when the case was received by the DOL.

My DOL received date is also 4/14. My attorney has started the preliminary document collection for I-140/I-485 on my request.

Right, HopeAlive. But what is this thing he is telling me about some letter they received in June? Is that when it gets 'entered in the system' or some other 'event'?

Labor Approved but changed employer

My case is approved but I changed employer. Previous employer does not mind me continuing Green Card Processing. New employer is also starting new labor.

I heard that I need to join back previous employer after getting EAD, which I'm trying to avoid (its hassle to change employers and switch payrolls). I still have 2+ years on H1 Visa.

Please advise what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
xyr888 said:
bucs2004,

Congratulations on your LC approval and thanks for your previous response. One more question:

What are education and experience requirement for your position shown on 750 A?

Thanks.
Sam

Hi xyr888,

I don't know what was shown on my 750 A.

Thanks.

DesiPardesii said:
My case is approved but I changed employer. Previous employer does not mind me continuing Green Card Processing. New employer is also starting new labor.

I heard that I need to join back previous employer after getting EAD, which I'm trying to avoid (its hassle to change employers and switch payrolls). I still have 2+ years on H1 Visa.

Please advise what to do?

This is kinda in gray area.. technically you need not join the employer at any stage of Green Card Process if you continue work in same field / expertise. If your old employer is supporting you thru I-140, why don't you go ahead & apply for I-140/485 & decide on changing back or using AC-21 to stay with current after I-140 approval ?

lifeislife said:
Right, HopeAlive. But what is this thing he is telling me about some letter they received in June? Is that when it gets 'entered in the system' or some other 'event'?

They might have received the DOL RECEIPT LETTER in June.. In my case, my RD is August 2003 & my attorney received the Receipt in Feb 2004.

Struggleman said:
LiveLifeKingSiz,

I am in the same boat with you. No Case#, No phone number.

My lawyer told me that DOL wouldn't give me the case# until they PROCESS my case. Is that true??? Someone please share this with me. I presume that I would get a case# after DOL received my application. DOL receipt date is around Apr. 2003 and I am in Arizona.

Thanks,

Struggleman,
If ur DOL RD is apr 2003 and if u r in AZ, Ur certification result should have come atleast 4 months back itself. For AZ, DOL is processing Jan 2004(RIR) and for non RIR Aug 2003.
check with ur attorney or call AVM
Nirvan

Expert Comments on Timelines Please

Guys,

Are all these dates and timelines are assumed to be RIR. For ex there was a positing where it said Feb 2003 is been approved in Aug 2004. Are these RIR.

Can someone give a educated guess of How much time does it take from start to end from california through san francisco for the labor to get certified in Regular and RIR path ?

This is will be very very helpful.

gp111 said:
They might have received the DOL RECEIPT LETTER in June.. In my case, my RD is August 2003 & my attorney received the Receipt in Feb 2004.

But you care less about Feb 2004 date, right? It is the Aug 2003 date that is more important in terms of tracking, right?

My Priority Date Question

Hi,
I used to work for company A and finished my I 140. Later I moved to company B and started my Green Card processing from the beginning. Right now I am struck at my labor and it is taking more time than expected.

My question is can I use my previous company's labor priority date for my labor processing at the present company? So that I can get my labor approval sooner than waiting in the queue.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.