San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GP11 and Gurus need some help in taking decision.

I am working for a company based in CA called 'A'
DOL received date:06/16/2003.
DOT code:999-151-051(Programmer analyst)
Requirement shown on the form(ETA-750A) = Bachelors degree + 2 years experince.
Requirement on Advertizement shown was = Master/Bachelors Degree with 1 or 2 years experience.
My experience was shown on the form(ETA-750B) = 5 years and one month(It includes the current company experince).If I exclude the current company experince I will have 3years and 7months experince.

No layoffs on this company and Flexible and strong and small company

At the same time I have started the Labor from other company called as 'B' without joining that company.Now my labor was approved from this company 'B'.This labor was applied with Master degree with 4.5 years experince.I do not know much about this company but it is medium size company.

On my H1B visa I am left with 1 year 4 months

Here are my questions.
1)Is it better to jon company 'B 'and go ahead with the concurrent 140 & 485 filing" ?
2)Is it better to file 140 not joining the company 'B' and wait for the 140 approval?
3)Is it good to stick with the company 'A' since My Labor received date is near to the current processing date.Hopefully labor will clear I think approxmatly in 8 months when no issues.
4)Is it better to file 140 not joining the company and wait for the 140 approval and stick with the company A. If 140 approved from company 'B' file 485 and join the company 'B' and request company ''A'' to hold on to My GC safer side if that works.

I really appreciate all of your suggestions/commnets on my unsolved issue.Thank you all in advance.

I think a lot of us are in this/similar situation....any info/views provided by the 'gurus' will me immensely useful...

WaitingonLC said:
Requirement on Advertizement shown was = Master/Bachelors Degree with 1 or 2 years experience.
My experience was shown on the form(ETA-750B) = 5 years and one month(It includes the current company experince).If I exclude the current company experince I will have 3years and 7months experince.

At the same time I have started the Labor from other company called as 'B' without joining that company.Now my labor was approved from this company 'B'.This labor was applied with Master degree with 4.5 years experince.I do not know much about this company but it is medium size company.

Here are my questions.
1)Is it better to jon company 'B 'and go ahead with the concurrent 140 & 485 filing" ?
2)Is it better to file 140 not joining the company 'B' and wait for the 140 approval?
3)Is it good to stick with the company 'A' since My Labor received date is near to the current processing date.Hopefully labor will clear I think approxmatly in 8 months when no issues.
4)Is it better to file 140 not joining the company and wait for the 140 approval and stick with the company A. If 140 approved from company 'B' file 485 and join the company 'B' and request company ''A'' to hold on to My GC safer side if that works.

I really appreciate all of your suggestions/commnets on my unsolved issue.Thank you all in advance.

worker_bee said:
I think a lot of us are in this/similar situation....any info/views provided by the 'gurus' will me immensely useful...

I guess the New labor is not in california. How long does it take to get 140.
--murali

WaitingonLC,

**** All depends on How good the company is & what is benifiting you career / Package wise.

If I ware you & If I am happy with my current company, I would stick to the current company & file I-140 from the new company... then wait for Labor from california company to file I-140/485 from here... this may be an expensive route but it will give me flexibility as well as safety if something happens to my job / one of the applications / H1B or one of the Companies !

Take a day or two to think about both options, don't change job only for the Green Card process & see what is good for you for given price..

hope this helps.

new approvals

9546624: 999-151-032: Certified 08/03
9546633: 999-151-032: Certified 08/03

SFO DOL seems to be back to snail pace again.

Sfo Dol

It's been ages that SFO DOL has moved at a acceptable rate. Any clues what's going on there?...

HopeAlive said:
9546624: 999-151-032: Certified 08/03
9546633: 999-151-032: Certified 08/03

SFO DOL seems to be back to snail pace again.

sandeep0902 said:
It's been ages that SFO DOL has moved at a acceptable rate. Any clues what's going on there?...
Well, I thought they were moving with good speed this past week. Hopefully, they just haven't bothered to update AVM?

gp111 said:
WaitingonLC,

**** All depends on How good the company is & what is benifiting you career / Package wise.

If I ware you & If I am happy with my current company, I would stick to the current company & file I-140 from the new company... then wait for Labor from california company to file I-140/485 from here... this may be an expensive route but it will give me flexibility as well as safety if something happens to my job / one of the applications / H1B or one of the Companies !

Take a day or two to think about both options, don't change job only for the Green Card process & see what is good for you for given price..

hope this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion...Based on the information I have provided for the CA labor above ,What will be the chances of getting certified my case and what will be the time line...I know it is hard to tell but just a guess and an estimate?

no approvals?

There have been *no* approvals yesterday? I checked a bunch of 02/10 032 cases. No new cases were certified. :confused:

I am a quiet reader of this forum. Recently my case is transfered to DOL. It's RIR, filed on August 2003. SESA asked more proof on ads in June. My attoney response in three weeks. SESA transfered to DOL after two weeks. I don't know too much about the meaning of PD, RD and DOT. Can anyone give me a explaination? Thanks!

WaitingonLC said:

Here are my questions.

gp111 and hopealive, Do you have to join company B to file I-485?? i thought you dont have to. I think you can file I-140/I-485/AP/EAD from company B while working with company A.
As you have H1-B with company A dont use the EAD from company B, be on H1-b only, to be safe, the only thing is I understand that you CANNOT file I-485 from 2 companies. Gurus on board pls comment if you know anything on this. so once labor from company A is done, file only i-140 from company A.
Any thoughts?? lets be serious and discuss this issue. Looking forward to any comments on my post.

Thanks
CSrini1

csrini1 said:
gp111 and hopealive, Do you have to join company B to file I-485?? i thought you dont have to. I think you can file I-140/I-485/AP/EAD from company B while working with company A.
As you have H1-B with company A dont use the EAD from company B, be on H1-b only, to be safe, the only thing is I understand that you CANNOT file I-485 from 2 companies. Gurus on board pls comment if you know anything on this. so once labor from company A is done, file only i-140 from company A.
Any thoughts?? lets be serious and discuss this issue. Looking forward to any comments on my post.

Thanks
CSrini1
Sorry, I cannot be of any help in this matter. I have no knowledge about this issue.

csrini1 said:

Thanks
CSrini1

No, You don't have to join company B to file I140/485/EAD/AP as long as you continue working in the same field/job category. USCIS expects you to join the employer once you get I485 approval & if not joining atleast inform them using AC-21... They don't revoke your GC not not joining or informing but you might have problem in future (while citizenship or any other issues).

given the choice, I would file I-140 from "B" & I-140/485 from "A" as i am already happy with "A"... if something happens with 140/485 of "A" I may have approved I140 from "B" & can apply for 485 from there.

GBLM said:
I am a quiet reader of this forum. Recently my case is transfered to DOL. It's RIR, filed on August 2003. SESA asked more proof on ads in June. My attoney response in three weeks. SESA transfered to DOL after two weeks. I don't know too much about the meaning of PD, RD and DOT. Can anyone give me a explaination? Thanks!

PD is priority Date ( Date on which Sesa received your application.. Aug 2003)..

RD is Received Date ( Date DOL receives your application)

DOT (SOC) code is Job Category Code (Job Category matching your profile - you can find further info at http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm )

You (your attorney) will receive DOL receipt with your RD & DOT code in few months..

csrini1 said:

Thanks
CSrini1

CSrini1,

I have talked to couple of attornys on this question regarding my case and
the conclusion is you can file I-140 without joining company B But inorder to file 485 you will need to join Company ''B''

SOC or dot?

gp111 said:
PD is priority Date ( Date on which Sesa received your application.. Aug 2003)..

RD is Received Date ( Date DOL receives your application)

DOT (SOC) code is Job Category Code (Job Category matching your profile - you can find further info at http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm )

You (your attorney) will receive DOL receipt with your RD & DOT code in few months..

I'm sure this question had been asked before. But I searched and searched and searched.. ... couldn't find an answer.

Where can I find info. about this DOT code? when I go to http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm, it lists something called SOC code. Now is this the same as DOT code? if so, all I can find there are a series of numbers from 11-0000. However, I have seen in this forum, most people have numbers with a syntax 999.172-xxx. what is the differrence between DOT and SOC codes and where exactly can I find information regarding the 999.XXX-XXX kind of codes( I'm not using DOT or any other names-:) )

DeepPurple said:
I'm sure this question had been asked before. But I searched and searched and searched.. ... couldn't find an answer.

Where can I find info. about this DOT code? when I go to http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm, it lists something called SOC code. Now is this the same as DOT code? if so, all I can find there are a series of numbers from 11-0000. However, I have seen in this forum, most people have numbers with a syntax 999.172-xxx. what is the differrence between DOT and SOC codes and where exactly can I find information regarding the 999.XXX-XXX kind of codes( I'm not using DOT or any other names-:) )

California DOL uses SOC codes as DOT codes by just putting 999 in front of SOC code...

for example SOC code for Electronics Engineers (Except Computer) is
17-2072 ,,, the DOT code for the same Job Category is 999.172-072

11-0000 to 55-0000 are 23 major groups of Job Category.. you can click on the group of your interest (say 17-0000) to find further details & codes in that group

WaitingonLC said:
CSrini1,

I have talked to couple of attornys on this question regarding my case and
the conclusion is you can file I-140 without joining company B But inorder to file 485 you will need to join Company ''B''

WaitingonLC,
I am not sure about that. One of my friends has an EAD which his wife is using from company B while he is still working for Company A (where he is not doing his G.C). That is why i asked earlier how much time it takes to get 140 from other state (B) so that u can decide on doing 140/485 together. Ofcourse my advice is on the lines gp111 suggested earlier. If u r happy with the work u r doing, it is better to continue there while still pursuing this other option. Looks like we do not understand the options completely. U need to collect all options including (working at Company A but be with Company B, when the time comes) before taking a decesion.
All the best.
--murali

Status
Not open for further replies.