• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reentry permit in Covid times

is the Reentry application required to be filled online and after that to be printed and submitted hard copy through the normal post office.
Thank you

Thank you kassem for your continued help and for your timing,
How much we should pay for each application and how we should pay that noting that I don't have credit card to pay on line,
Is it required also to pay the biometric fees now, if yes, should we combined that with the application payment or two separate payment
Thanks

Go through the instructions from the official source

Yeah it says 'Petition acceptance', so I guess they are referring to when the application is accepted, I guess. I did fill that document and added it to my application, but I have not received any SMS/Email yet.
HI Kassem,
Have you received any SMS /Email confirming that your application has been received.
Thanks

HI Kassem,
Have you received any SMS /Email confirming that your application has been received.
Thanks

I received yesterday (so exactly one month after submission) a post letter that they are working on my case, with a receipt number. I could check my case status online and now I see it's in progress and that my biometrics fees were 'accepted'.

Nothing by email/sms

Thank you kassem for your continued help and for your timing,
How much we should pay for each application and how we should pay that noting that I don't have credit card to pay on line,
Is it required also to pay the biometric fees now, if yes, should we combined that with the application payment or two separate payment
Thanks

for I-131 + biometrics fees, you pay 660$ per application. I paid both in one payment. I paid with a money order (check my previous posts or read online). I also don't have an american credit card.

What do you mean by where you live, I am still outside, do you mean I have to select the state where I want to make the biometric?
Thanks

Please read the instructions from the website I sent you. Everything is there.

You are a legal permanent resident, so your official address is in the US. that's where you will have your biometrics interview. You can't choose the state.

Please read the instructions from the website I sent you. Everything is there.

You are a legal permanent resident, so your official address is in the US. that's where you will have your biometrics interview. You can't choose the state.
Thank you Kassem,
The information you have provided are highly valuable, Iam really appreciating your efforts and your timing to let us know about that , Certainly will do the same.
Finally, do we have to give copy of our photo ID to the post office during the purchasing of the money order or just we have to show him the original ID.
Once again, thank you very much.

Another option for phone service is Google Fi. You pay $20 a month for unlimited talk and text in the country, but you can use it worldwide (charges apply - look at the website). The good thing is they let you pause service for 3 months at a time. I have been doing this for about a year (don't know how long it will be allowed, as I've heard they don't want you pausing for so long, but maybe I'll get away with it, or maybe it's a special dispensation for the pandemic). When it's paused, you pay nothing. Data is $10 per GB, prorated, anywhere in the world. It's quite good. Plus, on some phones you can download this SIM as an eSIM and have your own SIM in the phone too.

Hi Sm1smom and SusieQQQ,
Thank you very much for your continued help,
I want to go with my family to USA for short trip in order to break the long absence period and to apply for the reentry permits (I-131) as well for the entire family, due to some important commitments in my home country, the visit will be short which is limited to few days only, my friend will let us know about the biometric date once the confirmation letter has been delivered to his US mailing address, as such our next visit to USA shall be arranged accordingly.
However, I need your help to remove some doubts in connections with filling the reentry forms.
1_Page#1(physical address), shall I fill the information of my USA mailing address that is registered in the USICS OR my foreign address (outside the USA) where Iam living right now?

2_Page#5 (the last page of the same form), Can I sign that page on behalf of my childrens whom are still under the age of 14?If that is true, Am I still required to fill the information about my self Considering part 9 of the form? (information about person who prepared the application, if other than the applicant).
3_I want to apply through the Normal process (Not urgent), my understanding from the guidelines of filling the reentry permit that the supporting documents for the purpose of trip(part 4) are Not required to be enclosed with the application, while that is become required in case of requesting the Urgent process,Am I right?.
Thank you very much.

Hi Sm1smom and SusieQQQ,
Thank you very much for your continued help,
I want to go with my family to USA for short trip in order to break the long absence period and to apply for the reentry permits (I-131) as well for the entire family, due to some important commitments in my home country, the visit will be short which is limited to few days only, my friend will let us know about the biometric date once the confirmation letter has been delivered to his US mailing address, as such our next visit to USA shall be arranged accordingly.
However, I need your help to remove some doubts in connections with filling the reentry forms.
1_Page#1(physical address), shall I fill the information of my USA mailing address that is registered in the USICS OR my foreign address (outside the USA) where Iam living right now?

2_Page#5 (the last page of the same form), Can I sign that page on behalf of my childrens whom are still under the age of 14?If that is true, Am I still required to fill the information about my self Considering part 9 of the form? (information about person who prepared the application, if other than the applicant).
3_I want to apply through the Normal process (Not urgent), my understanding from the guidelines of filling the reentry permit that the supporting documents for the purpose of trip(part 4) are Not required to be enclosed with the application, while that is become required in case of requesting the Urgent process,Am I right?.
Thank you very much.

1. US address. The assumption is someone who is filing for a re-entry permit is doing so from the US. That is the physical address you’re at as of the day of filing the re-entry permit.
2. Yes. It wouldn’t hurt to complete the section also.
3. No written explanation or additional supporting documents (outside of the listed initial evidence) required if you’re not applying for an expedited processing.

1. US address. The assumption is someone who is filing for a re-entry permit is doing so from the US. That is the physical address you’re at as of the day of filing the re-entry permit.
2. Yes. It wouldn’t hurt to complete the section also.
3. No written explanation or additional supporting documents (outside of the listed initial evidence) required if you’re not applying for an expedited processing.
Thank you Sm1smom,
What about the SSN, I don't have it !. As you are fully aware, the issuance are delayed due to the Covid 19, However, Can we submit the reentry forms without it? If yes how can I fill its field, like can I say not applicable or not issued with explinations through a separate sheet .
Thank you.

Thank you Sm1smom,
What about the SSN, I don't have it !. As you are fully aware, the issuance are delayed due to the Covid 19, However, Can we submit the reentry forms without it? If yes how can I fill its field, like can I say not applicable or not issued with explinations through a separate sheet .
Thank you.

You can leave the section blank. USCIS is aware majority of new immigrants applying for re-entry permits are yet to receive the SSN as at when applying for it.

You can leave the section blank. USCIS is aware majority of new immigrants applying for re-entry permits are yet to receive the SSN as at when applying for it.
Thank you Sm1 smom,
1- The age of My daughter is less than 14, however she will turn the age of14 by March 2021, in this case, Am I required to pay the biometric fees for her with this application under the consideration that the biometric appointment Might be schedulded after March 2021 due to the ongoing delay as a result of the Covid 19,
2-Is it required to enclose personal photos of the applicant?
3-part1-physical address - point (2.a) {in care of name} my understanding that should be filled using my friend name who is living in that USA address, Am I right?
4-In part(3),How can I fill the intended departure, Noting that I might leave immediately after submitting the application.
5-In the same part(3), expected length of trip, can I write 730 days?
6-finally, after filing all the applications for my family and I, can I pack all of them together and send it in one envelope? the idea is to let them know that all the applications are belong to one family,
Thank you very much,

Thank you Sm1 smom,
1- The age of My daughter is less than 14, however she will turn the age of14 by March 2021, in this case, Am I required to pay the biometric fees for her with this application under the consideration that the biometric appointment Might be schedulded after March 2021 due to the ongoing delay as a result of the Covid 19,
2-Is it required to enclose personal photos of the applicant?
3-part1-physical address - point (2.a) {in care of name} my understanding that should be filled using my friend name who is living in that USA address, Am I right?
4-In part(3),How can I fill the intended departure, Noting that I might leave immediately after submitting the application.
5-In the same part(3), expected length of trip, can I write 730 days?
6-finally, after filing all the applications for my family and I, can I pack all of them together and send it in one envelope? the idea is to let them know that all the applications are belong to one family,
Thank you very much,

1. As long as she is under 14 years of age as at the time USCIS formally accepts the re-entry permit application, biometric fee is not required.
2. What does the instruction say? Please follow the official instructions - I provided a link to it in a previous response.
3. If the address you’re using is your friend’s address, then yes, put your friend’s name there.
4. Use your discretion and truthfully answer the question - just bear in mind the application could be denied if it looks like you already departed from the US before the application was mailed to USCIS.
5. Again, use your discretion and truthfully answer the question as applicable to you.
6. Yes, you can mail all the forms and the applicable supporting documents for each one in one package.

On a side note, I hope you’re aware everyone filing for a re-entry permit is required to be in the US as at the time of sending in the application. You’re not the only one that needs to be in the US when you send in the application, your family needs to be in the US too. It is very easy for USCIS to verify if an applicant was in the country (or not) when the application was submitted.

I received yesterday (so exactly one month after submission) a post letter that they are working on my case, with a receipt number. I could check my case status online and now I see it's in progress and that my biometrics fees were 'accepted'.

Nothing by email/sms
HI kassem,
have you been called for biometric, if yes when?
Thank

Hi mom and Susie,
I need your help again please,
The current Covid Pandamic is still affecting our final move to the USA,
We obtained the Green cards last year through using friends mailing address,
However, we are visiting USA for short trip to maintain the residency obligation,my friend want to evacuate his home and travel out side the USA, hence his home mailing address can't be used any more, ,can I use another friend's physical address to fill the AR-11until we can settle permenently in the USA and change the address again.
Thank you

Hi mom and Susie,
I need your help again please,
The current Covid Pandamic is still affecting our final move to the USA,
We obtained the Green cards last year through using friends mailing address,
However, we are visiting USA for short trip to maintain the residency obligation,my friend want to evacuate his home and travel out side the USA, hence his home mailing address can't be used any more, ,can I use another friend's physical address to fill the AR-11until we can settle permenently in the USA and change the address again.
Thank you
You’re technically speaking not currently living in the US, there’s no point in filling out an AR-11. However if you’re expecting mail from USCIS, then yes you need to provide a new mailing address in that case.

You’re technically speaking not currently living in the US, there’s no point in filling out an AR-11. However if you’re expecting mail from USCIS, then yes you need to provide a new mailing address in that case.
Thank mom for your swift response,
It is filed already, any thing can I do?