• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reentry permit in Covid times

Anything you can do in what sense?
Based on the fact that it is submitted already, we used my friend USA physical adress to fill its information and we are not living on the USA, is it requiring us to cancel it Or just leave it.
noting that we are preparing to apply for reentry permit and we might need to communicate with the USCIS
Thank you

Based on the fact that it is submitted already, we used my friend USA physical adress to fill its information and we are not living on the USA, is it requiring us to cancel it Or just leave it.
noting that we are preparing to apply for reentry permit and we might need to communicate with the USCIS
Thank you
You can’t “cancel” an address, you can only change it. The system is set up to assume you are living in the US.
Yes if you have an application in progress you need an address that will actually receive mail.

How long is it since you were last in the US? If you are only touching down for a few days as you say, don’t be surprised if you get some questions about that from CBP.

Thank you
I already stated you do an AR-11 if you’re expecting correspondence from USCIS, which will be the case if you already filed for a re-entry permit. If you haven’t submitted the re-entry permit application, then you don’t need to fill out an AR-11

You can’t “cancel” an address, you can only change it. The system is set up to assume you are living in the US.
Yes if you have an application in progress you need an address that will actually receive mail.

How long is it since you were last in the US? If you are only touching down for a few days as you say, don’t be surprised if you get some questions about that from CBP.
HI Susie,
Yes only touching down for few days, do you meant,that I will have a consequences for that?

HI Susie,
Yes only touching down for few days, do you meant,that I will have a consequences for that?
CBP may well ask questions (speaking from personal experience here when I did similar in my first year) on why you are not maintaining residence properly. Touching down for a few days once every 6-12 months is not maintaining residence. Btw did you file a 2020 tax return yet? I know it’s not yet due date but it is one helpful proof of maintaining residence.

I already stated you do an AR-11 if you’re expecting correspondence from USCIS, which will be the case if you already filed for a re-entry permit. If you haven’t submitted the re-entry permit application, then you don’t need to fill out an AR-11
The reentry permits are being prepared and that will be submitted within few weeks , any harmful might result from being the AR11has been submitted already ?

The reentry permits are being prepared and that will be submitted within few weeks , any harmful might result from being the AR11has been submitted already ?
You didn’t need to submit an AR-11 in that case as you’re not yet residing in the US as a LPR, all you need do is put the new address on the application. Anyway, the submitted AR-11 will not impact the yet to be submitted application.

HI kassem,
have you been called for biometric, if yes when?
Thank

Hi,

No I still didn't receive my biotmetrics appointment. I applied in October 2020 and received a letter of notice of receipt and fees acceptance in Nov 2020. and nothing since. Currently, looking at the USCIS page processing times, you will see that for I-131 (re-entry permits) managed at the Nebraska center it's between 8-11 months ... there is a huge backlog.

Mine although was mailed to Texas (I live in Maryland so it should be managed by Texas service center) was sent to Nebraska and I heard the same from 2 other people where Nebraska service center is working on their applications.

FYI, I am also planning a trip to the US to keep to keep my resident status this summer. but I am expecting some questionning. I didn't get any questions last year (I got my green card in Nov 2019). Maybe there will be more clement because of Covid, who knows.

You didn’t need to submit an AR-11 in that case as you’re not yet residing in the US as a LPR, all you need do is put the new address on the application. Anyway, the submitted AR-11 will not impact the yet to be submitted application.
HI mom,
Just I want to ask if the submitted Ar11 might make an issue in the future considering that we are living out side the USA, if yes, any thing we can do to correct this mistake
Thank you

HI mom,
Just I want to ask if the submitted Ar11 might make an issue in the future considering that we are living out side the USA, if yes, any thing we can do to correct this mistake
Thank you
What’s done is done, there’s no issue.

HI Sm1smom,
I am wondering, what is the best and fastest way to send the reentry permit I131 through, is it FedEx, USPS, DHL? , any idea please
Thank you

HI mom and Susie
Any feedback please about my above query,
Thank you
I don't know. You can reach out directly to the service providers (or check their websites) to find out how long it takes for them to make a delivery.

Hi Mom and Susie,
I did submit the Reentry permits applications(I-131) for my self and for the entire family members as well, unfortenetely, I forgot to attach the photographs within the applications and that including the children under 14 years, what can I do now?
Actually my understanding from the instructions of the relevant official Website that the photographs are not reqiured to be submitted in our case (green cards holders applying for the reentry permits)
As such, I been under the impression that the actual photos will be taken by the USCIS during the Biometric appointments.
what about the children whom are less than than 14 and the biometric appointemnts are not reqiured for them How USCIS can get there photographs ?
Thank you in advance

Hi Mom and Susie,
I did submit the Reentry permits applications(I-131) for my self and for the entire family members as well, unfortenetely, I forgot to attach the photographs within the applications and that including the children under 14 years, what can I do now?
Actually my understanding from the instructions of the relevant official Website that the photographs are not reqiured to be submitted in our case (green cards holders applying for the reentry permits)
As such, I been under the impression that the actual photos will be taken by the USCIS during the Biometric appointments.
what about the children whom are less than than 14 and the biometric appointemnts are not reqiured for them How USCIS can get there photographs ?
Thank you in advance
1. There is no requirement for passport photos to be submitted with the re-entry permit application.
2. Everyone applying for a re-entry permit, including minor children are required to attend the bio appointment, this is listed on the I-131 instruction:
"All applicants for a Refugee Travel Document or a Reentry Permit must complete biometrics at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) or, if applying for a Refugee Travel Document while outside of the United States at an overseas USCIS facility. If you are between ages 14 through 79 and you are applying for a Refugee Travel Document or a Reentry Permit, you must also be fingerprinted as part of USCIS biometrics services requirement."

By the way, I hope everyone you submitted the I-131 for (and not just yourself) were in the US when those applications got submitted.

1. There is no requirement for passport photos to be submitted with the re-entry permit application.
2. Everyone applying for a re-entry permit, including minor children are required to attend the bio appointment, this is listed on the I-131 instruction:
"All applicants for a Refugee Travel Document or a Reentry Permit must complete biometrics at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) or, if applying for a Refugee Travel Document while outside of the United States at an overseas USCIS facility. If you are between ages 14 through 79 and you are applying for a Refugee Travel Document or a Reentry Permit, you must also be fingerprinted as part of USCIS biometrics services requirement."

By the way, I hope everyone you submitted the I-131 for (and not just yourself) were in the US when those applications got submitted.
Thank you Mom very much for clearing our doubts, yes I did submit separate application for each one, but we might leave the USA within few days due to some urgent works, but will come back again once the biometric date has been decided
Morover, how can I follow up the applications and the status, Does the USCIS normally sending the case number to the adress provided in the application?
Another concern, How can we make sure that the USCIS will schedule the appointments for all of us (family) at the the same date.?
Thank you

Thank you Mom very much for clearing our doubts, yes I did submit separate application for each one, but we might leave the USA within few days due to some urgent works, but will come back again once the biometric date has been decided
Morover, how can I follow up the applications and the status, Does the USCIS normally sending the case number to the adress provided in the application?
Another concern, How can we make sure that the USCIS will schedule the appointments for all of us (family) at the the same date.?
Thank you
1. NOA will be sent to your US listed address on the form.
2. You can't "make sure" However, USCIS tend to schedule family member appointments together.

1. NOA will be sent to your US listed address on the form.
2. You can't "make sure" However, USCIS tend to schedule family member appointments together.
Thank you Smom,
1- what NOA does mean?
2-The biometric location will be close to the adress that we have provided in the application, Am I correct?
Thank you