Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

I almost feel like we should organize a little get together of the Raleigh/Durham gang here....it could be fun to meet and chat a bit, after Saffer's oath(s) sometime... all of us with our wives/SOs.
what do you guys think?

and I suggest BobSmyth's house as the venue :D because ours is in BFE.
or we could all go bar hopping (j/k ...or?)

Party's at my place Saturday 8:00pm ..BOYB :D

today I became a U.S Citizen at 1:30 pm. There were about 100 people and the ceremony was short and sweet. There were no especial speakers just the senior director. I am very happy it has been a long 18 year journey since I came to this country. Congrats to others that will be citizens soon and thank God we have an immigration center in Raleigh. Guest seating is limited so make sure you come early! Also bring your own American flag because none are provided!

today I became a U.S Citizen at 1:30 pm. There were about 100 people and the ceremony was short and sweet. There were no especial speakers just the senior director. I am very happy it has been a long 18 year journey since I came to this country. Congrats to others that will be citizens soon and thank God we have an immigration center in Raleigh. Guest seating is limited so make sure you come early! Also bring your own American flag because none are provided!

I had my oath yesterday i.e 19th November. Oath time is 1.30. I was there by 12.50 PM and the process started around 1.40 PM and we are out by 2.15 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been on this forum for a while as I was concentrating on my mother's green card.

Congratulations to Washburn, Safferjoe and others. With Safferjoe taking his oath tomorrow, the last August 2007 backlog on the Raleigh Durham forum has been cleared.

I wish good luck to those of you waiting in lines for interview and oaths. Look at Safferjose's signature and you will understand that the road may be long, but you will make no matter how.

GOOD LUCK

I had my oath yesterday i.e 19th November. Oath time is 1.30. I was there by 12.50 PM and the process started around 1.40 PM and we are out by 2.15 PM[/QUOTE

Kong Rats! I was on the 3rd row all the way to the right, and I was the third person to take pictures on the podium with the U.S Flag. :D

I had my oath yesterday i.e 19th November. Oath time is 1.30. I was there by 12.50 PM and the process started around 1.40 PM and we are out by 2.15 PM[/QUOTE

Kong Rats! I was on the 3rd row all the way to the right, and I was the third person to take pictures on the podium with the U.S Flag. :D

sbernal,

I was on the third row probably 3 from the right.

I have seen u and u saw me. but we dont know on this portal before.

OK COngrats to u

Thanks everyone for your good wishes! :)

As Bob noted, it has been a loooong journey, and only one more day before this last tortoise of the July 2007 bunch gets through to the finishing line! I've been in a daze all day (and mildly hungover), just trying to take it all in. I've tried to be Buddhist over this 486 day journey, in spite of the descheduling debacle, missing the vote, and watching numerous hares overtake me. I had really weird dreams last night, as if all those bottled emotions needed to be purged from the subconscious.

After the 1:30 PM ceremony, the good wife and I will take in a long walk to savour our "new" country, after which we'll probably repair to a good restaurant to savour some good food and wine! After tomorrow, I'll probably begin to start spelling American... ;)

Just a couple more comments about the IOs my wife and I had. It's funny that Washburn mentioned that other folks also thought of the IO my wife had as McCain! As for the Chinese IO that I had (Mr Hong on my N-652), I'm sure a couple of sheep escaped from his top paddock! Other applicants waiting for their interviews will probably be interested to know that both Mr Hong and McCain are dismissive of traffic tickets under $500 and that did not involve alcohol or drugs. My wife and I listed our infractions, but did not have any proof of payment, and that didn't matter at all.

Just one more sleep!!! :D:D:D

sbernal,

I was on the third row probably 3 from the right.

I have seen u and u saw me. but we dont know on this portal before.

OK COngrats to u

Congrats all around. I was in row 6 or 7 near the entrance. Came in about 1:25 and had to park in a irregular parking spot. For folks like safferjoe who might have a oath soon, keep in mind that parking gets to be an issue if you arrive close to oath time.

Was funny how the woman [director or assistant-director] felt really apologetic about the service USCIS provides to immigrants. She was like, we at least make excellent welcome videos even if we don't do other things well.

Congrats all around. I was in row 6 or 7 near the entrance. Came in about 1:25 and had to park in a irregular parking spot. For folks like safferjoe who might have a oath soon, keep in mind that parking gets to be an issue if you arrive close to oath time.

Was funny how the woman [director or assistant-director] felt really apologetic about the service USCIS provides to immigrants. She was like, we at least make excellent welcome videos even if we don't do other things well.

Oh wow so 3 of us in the same ceremony. i have some pics if you're interested PM me. And for Safferjoe, yes get there at least at 1pm so that you can park properly, bring your oath letter with all the questions on the back answered, and bring your own little american flag (I did) 'cause they won't hand you any. guest seating is somewhat limited and some people had to stand so get there early so that your guests can get a seat too. Good luck and welcome to the club!

Last edited by a moderator: