Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations, Washburn! And good luck for your exam on Thursday! :D

Our interviews are tomorrow (fingers crossed, thumbs held), and I'm getting pretty excited! I can't believe this is finally happening! :D

Now, what were the original 13 states again... :confused:

Congrats to Washburn and good luck to SafferJoe (quite possibly, the last remaining 2007 backlogger on this forum, excluding name check victims). Believe it or not, but I was actually asked the first 13 states question, but the IO asked me to name any 3.

HELP! i got this when i search online for my case status
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance, you can either call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283, or you can send an e-mail to uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov.

got my FP on 10/15 does that means they sending me interview letter soon??

Has it always shown this ?

Congratulations..

I am done... :D
...had my oath ceremony in Durham at 09:30 am.
I walked out the door, with my wife into the coldish but sunny NC weather, as a brand new American :)

Congratulations.. Good luck for Thursday's exam..
CNN lists that pharmacists are one among the top 10 professionals that make $80k salary..
Hope your clear the exams with A's. :D

Safferjoe, Good luck for tomorrow. Keep us posted of your experience. :)

Congrats to Washburn and good luck to SafferJoe (quite possibly, the last remaining 2007 backlogger on this forum, excluding name check victims). Believe it or not, but I was actually asked the first 13 states question, but the IO asked me to name any 3.

Vorpal, believe me, I feel like the last remaining 2007 backlogger on this forum, like a marathoner at the tail end huffing and puffing to the finish line, with all those already finished egging him on! ;)

yeah; been there, done that, but it's SO significant, so believe me, even if your interview lasts like a perfect 5 min, we'll all have nothing but admiration for you. :D

A small tip: make a list of any questions you might wanna ask the IO after the interview, which may or may not have to do with the interview; I say this because I've seen many posts here about people worrying after interview and beating themselves up for not asking a few questions when they were still with the IO. In the excitement, it's easy to forget stuff, and just rush out, as one wants all this to be "done"; just fight that temptation and ask yourself again "do I need to know anything...is there anything I can/need to ask the IO? Am I absolutely clear on my results of the interview?"
Loads better than coming home, worrying and having to infopass or whatever.

I am sure you'll be totally fine, and your interview will be a breeze, but just in case, make that list and take a quick look at it b4 you go in. It'll help you not forget.

Good Luck, SafferJoe: you'll do great! We'll be thinking of you, and post asap and let us know how it went.
Crossing my fingers that you also get the OL the same day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great advice, Washburn! If the interview ends with threads dangling, I think it's great advice to get the IO to clarify the exact status of the interview. Just got to keep my cool that long.

This tortoise is gonna make it! Woohoo!!! :D:D

just recently about 2 days. one week ago it shows "Case Status Retrieval Failed"... and before the fingerprint i can check online with no problem

There's some anecdotal evidence to suggest that a change in online status after FP is a sign your interview has been scheduled.

Good luck at your interview today SafferJoe!! Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll give you an oath date right on the spot. Let us know how it went.

My good wife and I passed the interview!!! :D:D:D

It was a great experience, and I'll write up the details right away in separate message, so please bear with me... :)

Details of SafferJoe and his good wife's interview:

We arrived about 30 mins before the 12:40 scheduled time, and were instructed to wait in the first floor waiting room until 15 mins before the scheduled time. Uh-oh, we immediately thought this was a bad sign, and when we moved up to the second floor 15 mins later, the room was pretty packed. However, it soon became apparent that most folks were just waiting for their oath notices, which we took to be a very good sign! No waiting for oath letters!

I waited nearly an hour before I was called, but got chatting to a Mexican woman sitting next to me. She said she also had her August 27 interview descheduled and was peeved that she couldn't vote. Then a Guatemalan woman nearby, overhearing us, said the exact same thing had happened to her! So, we mildly bitched about that, but were too excited to let that worry us. (The good guy won anyway, so I'm not too sore!)

My IO was a very friendly and chatty old geezer, possibly Chinese, with a very broad accent. I immediately relaxed with him and knew that everything would be OK. When I swore to tell the truth, he asked me, "what is the truth?" Not expecting a question like this, but sensing that he wasn't looking for a profound philosophical or theological discourse on the topic, I offered "it's what is right or correct". He beamed and proceeded with the interview in a way that I can only describe as rambling and chaotic, but also very friendly and pleasant.

For example, his memory was not too good, and I think he asked me 3 times if I had any kids! When I told him my wife was here as well, he got up and went in search of her - he wanted to interview both of us together! However, another IO had already called her, so he came back to my interview. Then he asked me for my birth certificate. Uh-oh, I hadn't expected or packed this and told him, but he said it was OK. Then we had a long chat about my work, and he rambled on about a book he had read that he thought was related to my work. Suddenly remembering that he was actually conducting an interview, he proceeded with a few more questions. Then he got sidetracked again about the fact that my wife is an artist, and we went off on another pleasant ramble. And since by now it had become very clear that there was no way that he was not going to pass me, I happily gave him as much time as he wanted, and it was a lot of fun!

When the interview finally ended, my wife was waiting for me and already had received her oath date. Her IO was also a pleasant geezer who looked like John McCain, and only took about 5 minutes with her. My interview took nearly half an hour! I thought it would only be a few minutes before I got my oath date, but it turned out to be 45 minutes. But in the meantime we got chatting to a Hungarian woman and a French woman, both nervously waiting for their interviews. The Hungarian woman was especially nervous about her English and civics questions, but when we told her of our experiences, she relaxed a bit. We had a grand old conversation about why Hungarian and Finnish are related languages, but completely unrelated to neighbouring languages. And with the French woman we were talking about wines, and how her Protestant countryfolk had to flee her country more than 300 years ago, and started our wine industry! This chit-chat caused the 45 mins to fly by and I got my oath date (which is the same as my wifes)...

Oath Date: Friday, November 21, 1:30 PM!!!!

Great, man !!! you got the oath in 2 days !!! yay! I'm so happy for both of you :D
and I think I know the chinese IO AND "John McCain" you mean...I wasn't interviewed by them, but saw enough of them that day.
(and we called that IO exactly that: "McCain" :D )

CONGRATS, Mr & Mrs SafferJoe !!!!

did you get OL?
very happy to hear this news...I was waiting for your update..

Thanks, Washburn! I'll pass your good wishes on to my good missus.

Yes, we got our OD (see preceding message or signature)!

Boy, it actually turned out to be a fun experience, and I don't know why I was so nervous. I guess a 16-month build-up had something to do with it... Need a beer or something stronger to rid my body of all the excess adrenalin!

So, if you'll all please excuse me, the good wife and I have some partying to do! :D:D:D

I almost feel like we should organize a little get together of the Raleigh/Durham gang here....it could be fun to meet and chat a bit, after Saffer's oath(s) sometime... all of us with our wives/SOs.
what do you guys think?

and I suggest BobSmyth's house as the venue :D because ours is in BFE.
or we could all go bar hopping (j/k ...or?)