Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

i just spoke to an IO and who adviced me to go for interview but he can't guarantee i will make it. In the other hand, he told me 8 days ago they put my name for queue interview which is MATCH the letter"descheduled" i got which is dated Aug, 19. I am just confused why charlotte scheduled the interview and durham cancelled it and both notices came TSC

Any speculations?

May be your case is being moved from Charlotte to Raleigh/Durham. Is your zip code falling within Charlotte or Raleigh ?

Went with a reschedule...

Hi all, well I spoke to my attorney today and he is going to submit a reschedule request for me - he says he does it all the time and it is no big deal... it is not like the initial N400 processing (i.e. it isn't subject to the same sort of delays - its not like I will be rescheduled for next year). He said they will most likely reschedule me for the next ceremony date.... worst case scenario the one after that.

The ceremony is something I've been looking forward to for a long time and I want to enjoy it -going to a Fri ceremony, then running out with my certificate in hand to hopefully make the post office in time to sign my passport app in front of an agent, then mailing it to a 3rd party over the wknd and praying they will get it back to me within 3 days would be absolute madness. It would simply be too stressful - Id rather reenter with my green card and just wait for the next ceremony... I'm not in a rush.

Thanks to everyone who provided the great feedback - I will be sure to post when I receive my new date (I predict the letter will come in Oct, Nov at the latest).

Good luck to you all, and for those going to the Sep 5 ceremony, please post your experiences!

hyperseer

You mean attorney received notice for Sept 5th oath on August 25th, right?

Yes, sorry that's what I meant. My attorney only got the letter this Mon, Aug 25 indicating a Sep 5 ceremony date - if I hadn't have called, I wouldn't have even known as I still haven't received a copy yet.

I don't know what they are thinking - I received my interview letter 2 months before the date... and they send the ceremony letter out just 3 weeks beforehand?!?

Hi all, well I spoke to my attorney today and he is going to submit a reschedule request for me - he says he does it all the time and it is no big deal... it is not like the initial N400 processing (i.e. it isn't subject to the same sort of delays - its not like I will be rescheduled for next year). He said they will most likely reschedule me for the next ceremony date.... worst case scenario the one after that.

The ceremony is something I've been looking forward to for a long time and I want to enjoy it -going to a Fri ceremony, then running out with my certificate in hand to hopefully make the post office in time to sign my passport app in front of an agent, then mailing it to a 3rd party over the wknd and praying they will get it back to me within 3 days would be absolute madness. It would simply be too stressful - Id rather reenter with my green card and just wait for the next ceremony... I'm not in a rush.

Thanks to everyone who provided the great feedback - I will be sure to post when I receive my new date (I predict the letter will come in Oct, Nov at the latest).

Good luck to you all, and for those going to the Sep 5 ceremony, please post your experiences!

hyperseer

man, I wish we can trade oath dates. i want as soon as possible and it looks like I cannot get it and you don't want it now, but you have. Delemna of life isn't it?

Anyway good luck for the future.

i just spoke to an IO and who adviced me to go for interview but he can't guarantee i will make it. In the other hand, he told me 8 days ago they put my name for queue interview which is MATCH the letter"descheduled" i got which is dated Aug, 19. I am just confused why charlotte scheduled the interview and durham cancelled it and both notices came TSC

Any speculations?

Sounds like your case file were sent to Charlotte instead of Durham and they found out about it after it was too late.

Sounds like your case file were sent to Charlotte instead of Durham and they found out about it after it was too late.

Two more days to go Bobsmyth - well really one more day. I wish you luck buddy and a speedy oath ceremony. Although I have to say I admire your patience and perseverance.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Thanks LolaLi..still no deschedule letter with 2 days left to go. I hope USCIS doesn't have a sick surprise up their sleeve in the next 2 days.

Thanks LolaLi..still no deschedule letter with 2 days left to go. I hope USCIS doesn't have a sick surprise up their sleeve in the next 2 days.

Get that out of your head! You'll have your interview tomorrow and everything will be fine!:)

Good luck - Bobsmyth

Bobsmyth,
Be positive.
Good luck for tomorrow. What time is your interview?
Let us know how it went.

Murali

Get that out of your head! You'll have your interview tomorrow and everything will be fine!:)
With all the recent descheduling activity at the Durham DO lately I couldn't help but think about the possibility of receiving a notice a few days before interview..since nothing was in today's mail I'm now good to go for tomorrow.:)

FBI name check status update

For some reason, the board is not allowing me to create a new thread..so I'm posting this here instead:

Some good news on name check delays:

The first milestone was for all FBI Name Checks pending for more than four years to be finalized by March 31, 2008. The second milestone was for all FBI Name Checks older than three years to be finalized by May 31. The third milestone was for all FBI Name Checks older than two years to be finalized by July 31. The first three milestones have all been met. USCIS and the FBI have set four additional milestones. As of August 4, the agencies were on target to achieve all four of the remaining milestones.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1192724755499.shtm#8

Finally received my Oath Letter for septermber 5th at Raleigh Convention center.

I wish they would send these letters with a bit more of notice period, particularly given that is the week following a long weekend.

Best of luck to folks waiting for their oath letters.

Finally received my Oath Letter for septermber 5th at Raleigh Convention center.

I wish they would send these letters with a bit more of notice period, particularly given that is the week following a long weekend.

Best of luck to folks waiting for their oath letters.

Congratulation again Knp. I hope things will finish well for you.

Since your oath letter was sent on the 21st, I can still hope, despite all information I have received, that I may be able to get oath on the 5th as well. This was my greatest wish.

Bobsmyth should be done with interview by now. i am anxiously awaiting the outcome of his interview, which, i am sure is going to be excellent.

I called Customer service. A request for oath has been submitted on 08/27/2008. This means final approval has been completed and I am in queue for oath.

I am still praying that they sneak in the September 5, 2008 oath.
I can bring my own chair to the ceremony.