Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

What I don't understand is that Durham DO opened April 25 2008..here we are over 4 months later and they are severely understaffed..something isn't right with this picture. Unless they had mass resignations, I don't see how they haven't been able to fill the positions considering they have been advertised close to 1 year ago.

One observation I made during the interview yesterday that USCIS needs to address: IOs never introduced themselves by name, and they never offered any acknowledgment for long wait time. It continues to baffle me how they run their operations.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is that Durham DO opened April 25 2008..here we are over 4 months later and they are severely understaffed..something isn't right with this picture. Unless they had mass resignations, I don't see how they haven't been able to fill the positions considering they have been advertised close to 1 year ago.

One observation I made during the interview yesterday that USCIS needs to address: IOs never introduced themselves by name, and they never offered any acknowledgment for long wait time. It continues to baffle me how they run their operations.

Which is precisely why we all want to be done with them for good. It's no fun dealing with dysfunctional agencies.

I really think something needs to be done about the current immigration process in North Carolina. I have been always wondering why, if they are understaffed, don't they work on saturdays and sundays as mentionned by their director? I know someone who was intrviewed in Dallas on a Saturday. This tells me that these people are really striving towards elimination of the current backlog. But why not North Carolina ? it doesn't sound good to me that after the september 5, 2008, nobody knows when the next oath ceremony will be. I am sure that the late september and early october oath ceremony they are talking about are fictious. They just say that so we can leave their office happy with a placebo.

Personnaly, i am planning on writing to Obama and McCain campagns if, by September 15, 2008 I do not receive my oath notice.

I really think something needs to be done about the current immigration process in North Carolina. I have been always wondering why, if they are understaffed, don't they work on saturdays and sundays as mentionned by their director?

That tells me one thing: that there are major issues at a USCIS upper managerial level when it comes to North Carolina.

Have you seen August 15 update of processing time on USCIS website ? They show April 2007 for Charlotte/Raleigh. (3 months retrogression)

This is the first time I have seen that they listed it as Charotte/Raleigh. Was it like this earlier?

Murali

That tells me one thing: that there are major issues at a USCIS upper managerial level when it comes to North Carolina.

I'd like to know the method they used to decide who to deschedule. It seems like they just culled if they thought they were overbooked, even culling on the day of the interview. I wonder which order they'll use to reschedule. Will they even consider the PD?

I'd like to know the method they used to decide who to deschedule. It seems like they just culled if they thought they were overbooked, even culling on the day of the interview. I wonder which order they'll use to reschedule. Will they even consider the PD?

Is anything special about your case (multiple trips, multiple moves etc..) or is it straight forward? It doesn't make sense you were descheduled and I wasn't , unless they had canceled all interviews on Wednesday.

Is anything special about your case (multiple trips, multiple moves etc..) or is it straight forward? It doesn't make sense you were descheduled and I wasn't , unless they had canceled all interviews on Wednesday.

My case is about as vanilla as it gets. I've had the same house and job for more than 5 years, and haven't been abroad in more than 2 years.

I suspect that this DO, being new, had simply slotted more interviews than they could handle. Once they realized this, they started culling names. For example, on my original interview date, they probably drew up a list of all the interviewees and then proceeded to cross a certain number off that list. If that list was in alphabetical order, then I would have been one of the first to be culled, since my surname begins with an "A". If your real surname begins with an "S", then you would have been below the cut for the list on your interview day.

That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Officially, it is 14.5 months. but you it can be processed faster.

The 14.5 month processing time is misleading since it's based on what month they are currently processing applications, and not an indication of how long an application filed today would take to process.

Any news??

Hello Washburn27/Safferjoe,
Any news about the interview letter? Tired of waiting for the mail..

When will the day come??

Hello Washburn27/Safferjoe,
Any news about the interview letter? Tired of waiting for the mail..

When will the day come??

Same thing here with oath letters. I am sick and tired of this Raleigh DO. I will make infopass this week to find out when the next oath ceremony may be, although i am not confident they can give me any specific date.

i just checked my portoflio on USCIS website and it indacated that my case was last processed on 12/03/2007. However, I filed it on 04/01/2008. it was showing 04/09/2008 up until this morning. When i went back and checked back again, it went back to 04/09/2008.

Has anyone ever exprience this in the past? Does it mean that I have been scheduled for oath ?

The last time i called USCIS, I was told that i was placed in queue for oath on 08/27/2008. .

Any guidance will be well appreciated.

i just checked my portoflio on USCIS website and it indacated that my case was last processed on 12/03/2007. However, I filed it on 04/01/2008. it was showing 04/09/2008 up until this morning. When i went back and checked back again, it went back to 04/09/2008.

Has anyone ever exprience this in the past? Does it mean that I have been scheduled for oath ?

The last time i called USCIS, I was told that i was placed in queue for oath on 08/27/2008. .

Any guidance will be well appreciated.

So the status went from 4/9/08 to 12/3/07 back to 4/9/08 all this morning?