Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Yes. I am calling IO right now.

I called. No oath has been scheduled yet. Still in queue for oath since August 27, 2008. I was advised to call back in 120 days. This sounds like a real BS

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on attending the Sept 5 oath as a guest and try to find out when the next ceremony may be. unfortunatly, due to unforseen circumstances, I will not be able to attend.

If you are one of the lucky guys who were scheduled for Sept 5, please try to ask anyone when the next oath ceremony will be.

I will understand if with excitement and joy you forget to ask, but please, do it for those of us who are desperatly waiting.

I contacted the Raleigh convention center events manager who said she is not aware of any other space booked by USCIS for either September or October.

I contacted the Raleigh convention center events manager who said she is not aware of any other space booked by USCIS for either September or October.

This confirms that the late september and early october dates are just what is called in french "Trompe l'oeil". it is just a sort of placebo that USCIS uses to calm down our citizenship fever. They know this is not the right therapy.

I asked today the IO on the phone if it is possible to send me to another city or state for my oath. But he says that was impossible. i really don't care going top Honolulu, Tampa, New york or even New Orleans for my oath as long as it is before October 10, so i can cast my vote for the candidate of my choice.

Bobsmyth, they have 90 days to naturalize us after interview and approval right ? If this is the case, I am looking at 11/20/2008 for me which is pass the election.:(

This confirms that the late september and early october dates are just what is called in french "Trompe l'oeil". it is just a sort of placebo that USCIS uses to calm down our citizenship fever. They know this is not the right therapy.

I asked today the IO on the phone if it is possible to send me to another city or state for my oath. But he says that was impossible. i really don't care going top Honolulu, Tampa, New york or even New Orleans for my oath as long as it is before October 10, so i can cast my vote for the candidate of my choice.

Bobsmyth, they have 90 days to naturalize us after interview and approval right ? If this is the case, I am looking at 11/20/2008 for me which is pass the election.:(

Actually they have up to 120 days after interview to schedule you for oath.
The IO who interviewed my wife confirmed a mid-September and early October oath date, and said that she would be part of October oath. If the Raleigh convention center has no record of USCIS booking space, then the oaths must be held somewhere else (unless USCIS hasn't announced the dates officially yet).

You'd probably get a better answer from an IO by doing an Infopass if you want to get the exact upcoming oath dates.

it seems like Senior United States District Judge, W. Earl Britt is the one in raleigh who does naturalizations. He has done several in the past. If we can get hold of his schedule for this month, we can determine wether there will be an oath later this month or not.

Hello Washburn27/Safferjoe,
Any news about the interview letter? Tired of waiting for the mail..

When will the day come??

Nothing yet. Just taking one day at a time... I almost called USCIS and thought of talking to an IO, but why bother? I doubt if I can affect anything...
Not gonna do anything until the 90 days are up...according to the IO you talked to, something should happen before that, right?
Despite it being very difficult not to have hopes, I'm going to lay low and not really expect it. I'm naturally scared of having high hopes and falling painfully on the snout.

I do wish the day would come soon..for all of us. Being patient and going about normal daily life is all one can do...and listen to my latest Porcupine Tree CD, of course :)

OHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.......

Nothing yet. Just taking one day at a time... I almost called USCIS and thought of talking to an IO, but why bother? I doubt if I can affect anything...
Not gonna do anything until the 90 days are up...according to the IO you talked to, something should happen before that, right?
Despite it being very difficult not to have hopes, I'm going to lay low and not really expect it. I'm naturally scared of having high hopes and falling painfully on the snout.

I do wish the day would come soon..for all of us. Being patient and going about normal daily life is all one can do...and listen to my latest Porcupine Tree CD, of course :)

OHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.......

i think you ar very wise. We should get to our normal daily life and forget this thing. It will come one day anyway.

yeah; what's another month? LOL; that's fine. nothing spoiled, buddy.
I was just repeating what MuralS's IO told him @ his infopass/what he posted, IIRC; I am not aware of exact law and time periods anyway. I probably won't do anything even after 120 days ... I'm a such sloth sometimes :)
(I didn't even know that there was an "official" time period for a canceled interview to be rescheduled; I thought it was it was for oath letters after the interview)

Looking at some people's time lines here, I almost feel guilty just talking about getting my interview descheduled ... imagine how others feel who have waited a lot longer. perhaps that's why i'm relatively "calm" about this...I have been thinking a lot about how much i already have compared to people still waiting for their GC, etc...
Dammit I sound like such a buddhist !!! :eek: although I'm an atheist !!!

Code:
yeah; what's another month? LOL; that's fine. nothing spoiled, buddy.
I was just repeating what MuralS's IO told him @ his infopass/what he posted, IIRC; I am not aware of exact law and time periods anyway. I probably won't do anything even after 120 days ... I'm a such sloth sometimes :)
(I didn't even know that there was an "official" time period for a canceled interview to be rescheduled; I thought it was it was for oath letters after the interview)

Looking at some people's time lines here, I almost feel guilty just talking about getting my interview descheduled ... imagine how others feel who have waited a lot longer. perhaps that's why i'm relatively "calm" about this...I have been thinking a lot about how much i already have compared to people still waiting for their GC, etc...
Dammit I sound like such a buddhist !!! :eek: although I'm an atheist !!!
Bobsmyth may have been confused

USCIS is planning soon to have another site for conducting frequent oath in Jacksonville, NC.... kinda military town...

Hello Washburn27/Safferjoe,
Any news about the interview letter? Tired of waiting for the mail..

When will the day come??

I'm afraid no news yet, murals. As soon as I get my rescheduling letter I'll post it with a loud "Woo-Hoo!!".

I read in the news that they will make a decision tomorrow whether to keep the Raleigh convention opening ceremony or cancel it. It will all depend on the pathway followed by Hanna. So far, it looks like Hanna will hit the triangle pretty hard.

With the current mobilization against Hanna, i don't know if authorities will continue with this ceremony.

Let's hope the ceremony (the naturalization at least) doesn't get cancelled so we can be on the next ship.