Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Spoke with IO today and was told that they sent me a notice for 2nd FP appt on 08/26/2008 (haven't received it yet) for FP date of 09/11/2008.

Does anybody know the address of FP center in Philly and if they are open on Saturdays/Sundays?

Spoke with IO today and was told that they sent me a notice for 2nd FP appt on 08/26/2008 (haven't received it yet) for FP date of 09/11/2008.

Does anybody know the address of FP center in Philly and if they are open on Saturdays/Sundays?

albertr: The FP location is at 10300 Drummond Road, Philadelphia. It is open on Saturdays. Where was your first FP done at?

It usually take a week to cash the check. If you have online banking account that show the backside and front of the check, you probably might be able to track things down. The number they put on your check is usually the reciept number, again it varies. If you have the patience to wait for an other week you will get the notification

Good luck with everything

I received the letter of receipt today. My check got cleared on tuesday and the Priority date is 8/21. Thank you.

I think they are open on Saturday. If my memory serves me correct, I had mine on Sat.

Btw, my friends got their FP postponed twice, then I believe you can go on any wednesdays w/o appt (walk in) and get the FP done.

If you dont recieve the notice, show up there with your receipt of application and GC. I dont think it will be an issue there.

Hope that helps.

Anu

Friends,

My wife and I have received our interview letters on 08/29.

Here is our time lines,

N400 Filed - 04/10/2008
Priority Date - 04/14/2008
FP Letter - 04/29/2008
FP Done - 05/10/2008

Interview Letter - 08/29
Interview - 10/24

I have a quick question. We are planning a name change. How long does it take in Philly after the interview for the name-change-Oath? I read that it is conducted in Philly Courthouse. But I am not sure how often the oath is conducted there. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sayam

Friends,
I have a few questions for people who had the interview and the oath already:
1-What tax papers should be taken to the interview?(my assumption is the copy we get and we keep every year for our records after filing)
Please correct me if I am wrong?
2-Is the 3 year marriage interview different from the 5 year interview?in other words,is it like the interview for GC?
3-I heard that they ask you questions during the oath ceremony,what kind of questions are they?
4-Why some people get the oath letter same day of the interview and some other people have to wait for a little while?

Thanks
Jaydende

Hi,
does any body know where u get your FP taken in Philly. I got a notice for FP for 9/19/08 and it say 10300 Drummond Road, Philadelphia. Is this location in downtown area? I remeber when i went for my GC FP in 2005 i went near market street in downtown area. Can someone please confirm?
I live in SJ and my case will be forwared to Mt. Laurel office, but finger printer is done in philly.

thanks
N400 Filed - 08/12/2008
Priority Date - 08/15/2008
Check Cashed- 08/19/2008
FP Letter Recd - 08/30/2008
FP Appointment - 09/19/2008

Hi,
does any body know where u get your FP taken in Philly. I got a notice for FP for 9/19/08 and it say 10300 Drummond Road, Philadelphia. Is this location in downtown area? I remeber when i went for my GC FP in 2005 i went near market street in downtown area. Can someone please confirm?
I live in SJ and my case will be forwared to Mt. Laurel office, but finger printer is done in philly.

thanks
N400 Filed - 08/12/2008
Check Cashed- 08/19/2008

Info about Philly ASC is on USCIS website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=XPA&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.statecode=PA

Hi,

thanks
N400 Filed - 08/12/2008
Check Cashed- 08/19/2008

I am going to that place tommorow and I will let you know how it turn out. I live in SJ

Hi,

thanks
N400 Filed - 08/12/2008
Check Cashed- 08/19/2008

This location is not in downtown Philly. It's closer to Bensalem. It's in a sort of industrial park... roads are not crowded at all... quite peaceful actually. It has a dedicated parking lot too. They seem to allow early FP walk-ins on Sat/Wed afternoons in case you are considering.

I was there last Saturday, but they were closed... not sure if the closure was related to labor day holiday weekend. I'll try again tomorrow. My FP is scheduled for 09/11 in the middle of the day (not exactly convenient time for me, since I work quite far from Philly).

I was there last Saturday, but they were closed... not sure if the closure was related to labor day holiday weekend. I'll try again tomorrow. My FP is scheduled for 09/11 in the middle of the day (not exactly convenient time for me, since I work quite far from Philly).

albertr: That's odd. I have personally given a ride to people to that location on a Saturday for their FP. This was a few months ago. Did you happen to read the posted days/times on the front glass door?

I don't remember if there was any poster on the glass front door... most probably not. I went there today morning again and they were open this time. Had my FP done, no questions asked.

hi,
whats timing for walk in on Saturday. I have a appointment on 9/19 friday. Was thinking of going early and get my FP done on Sat 9/13. I need to know what the timing are and do they ask you why have you come earlier then the sechedule date?

thanks

My timeline

DO: Philadelphia
PD: : 04/22/2008
FP notice: 05/14/2008
FP taken : 05/27/2008
NC started:05/30/2008
NC complete: ??
IL: ??
ID: ??

Please help with a tax question!!!!!!!!!

I am a bit confused what tax paper to take to the interview:
Is the copy of the taxes we file every year enough? or we should acquire those ''tax account transcripts''or ''tax return transcripts''?
what about state tax returns,are those needed too?
Please help!!!!
I thought all what is needed is ''a copy of the tax returns we keep every year for our records''

Jaydende
Thanks

Typically, you'd take tax return transcripts for Federal. Recently, there's been some chatter on IO's asking for state tax returns