Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Hi,

It never appeared online to begin with. I used to call USCIS pretty regularly and also had InfoPass once.
It seems that not all cases appear online.

Good luck,
Akapoor

FYI: Oaths are being conducted twice a day, four times a week now at Philly DO. I got this info from the security officer on the fourth floor, the place where I had my Oath.

Hi,

It never appeared online to begin with. I used to call USCIS pretty regularly and also had InfoPass once.

Good luck,
Akapoor

FYI: Oaths are being conducted twice a day, four times a week now at Philly DO. I got this info from the security officer on the fourth floor, the place where I had my Oath.

this info makes me more worried since I was not given the oath letter on the spot..... just N-652.... :(

God why cant they do everything in one step.:mad:

Docybear,
Congratulations ,try To Enjoy This Huge Step In This Process For Naturalization.you Worry Too Much ,plus Every Case Is Different ,it Is Not Necessary To Get The Oath Letter The Same Day Of The Interview.you Didn't Tell Us How Was The Interview??
What Documents Were You Asked To Provide?
Please Share.
Thanks And Once Again Congratulations.

Docybear, Congratulations ,try To Enjoy This Huge Step In This Process For Naturalization.you Worry Too Much ,plus Every Case Is Different ,it Is Not Necessary To Get The Oath Letter The Same Day Of The Interview.you Didn't Tell Us How Was The Interview??
What Documents Were You Asked To Provide?
Please Share. Thanks And Once Again Congratulations.

Thank you for the kind words.

My interview was this morning at 0940 am, I was called in at abt 0950am. The officer was fine but not that friendly. I greeted her with my lawyer and we were ushered into her office where we had the interview. After pledging to tell only the truth she asked me for my GC, SSN card, DL, and Passport. Also, after seeing my selective service card she asked about tax information but did not asked for papers. Then she went through the form with me, updated things where necessary. Then she asked for my university enrollment verification when we reached the employer part. Then comes the part of trips outside US, she then made a comment about " you spent alot of time outside the states". I explained it was for school purpose. She didn't ask more but said she will compute the dates later after the interview. Then my lawyer came in and reaffirmed her the dates are right and for my trips outside the states before APR 2005 for more than 6 months but less than a yr were for school and ever since I have had been physically in the states for 37months. Then we went through the rest and she asked me to answer the civic questions by writing down the answers on a sheet. Got 10/10 and then she asked me to sign the photos and complete the last sections of n400 and gave me N-652 with 1) You passed the tests of english and US history and government. 2) Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony." checked.

Then she photocopied my passport for compiling the dates..... that's when I was confused. I thought I was approved yet she kept a copy of my passport for more details? And my lawyer did not answer my question in perfect sense to me... because I wanted to know if there is a prob or she just needed to make sure the dates are right..... He then passed a compilation of documents including my tax forms (3 yrs) and my parents' tax forms in which I was listed as dependent (5 yrs), overseas school records and US university enrollment records to the officer before we left.

Basically, I walked out the place feeling CONFUSED!!!!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport

Hi All,

I completed my Oath at 10:30 am this morning. Took my naturalization certificate for appt at 12pm for Passport application. Completed the application and got the Passport in one hour at 1pm.

Now got to apply for the Indian Visa.

Thanks all for the wonderful support and help.

Regards,
AKapoor

AKapoor- Congrats!!

Can you share where did you have to go to get the passport in 1 hour? Do you have immediate travel plans and thats why they issues PP in 1 hour?

PHLLY Progress Report

Philly Do is taking about 4 to 5 months to process. (ignore the BS timelines)

My brother just got his IL he applied in June 2008 and his Interview is on Oct

2008. He is the 5th person i know who got an interview letter fast.They must want the DNCto win the election :)

Also to get a passport quick; you need to show proof you are travelling soon.

Go to the passport office in Philly (do a search on the US state Dept website)

They will process it for Extra $.

Hi DocyBear,

Didnt mean to make u worried. I just thought sharing this info wld be useful to many, who try to figure out how often the Oath is conducted.
I was interviewed on July 28th and the IO had told me that I wld recieve the letter within 3 weeks. Dont worry abt the IO not being friendly. Some IO are very indifferent there, while some I found extremely helpful.
Good luck, I am pretty sure, you will be getting your Oath Letter within next week or so.

Hope that helps,
Akapoor

Hi Nice Guy,

I have international travel planned for next week, that requires a visa also. Hence the officer at the passport office, gave me the passport within one hour.
The PP office is located at 200 Chestnut Street. I had my Naturalization certificate, filled out application form for Passport, and travel itinerary along with credit card. I had taken an appt for 12pm, and I got the passport at 1pm.
Since it was expedited PP, I had to pay 60$ more. I had applied for Passport and also the Passport Card. I think the Passport card will come in mail.
Next on my agenda is getting my Indian Visa.

Hope that helps.
-Akapoor

Hi,

Good luck,
Akapoor

akapoor: How many new citizens attended the oath ceremony on your day?

Congratulations Akapoor.

Now your mind is @ rest.

Question: How come the Philly office picked up the pace? I notice all of a sudden the

timeline for the DO is 4 to 5 months. Is it something we said? or do you think they want us to vote for the DNC (Obama)?

I am from Philly and I just mailed my application on Monday. According to USPS, DHS received my application on wednesday. The check has not been cashed yet. My question is will I know my Priority date when I receive the appointment for fingerprinting. Will I also receive the receipt number to check my status online at that time. Thank you.

Got IL!!!

I got my interview letter on the 21st of August for the 6th of October.My case disappeared online though.
Good luck everyone!

I am from Philly and I just mailed my application on Monday. According to USPS, DHS received my application on wednesday. The check has not been cashed yet. My question is will I know my Priority date when I receive the appointment for fingerprinting. Will I also receive the receipt number to check my status online at that time. Thank you.

you will receive a notification through mail saying your application is in the process and it will take 365days. Ignore that 365days, it looks more of like a similar format everyone get. You will then get an other notification for fingerprinting including the location and date. I applied 2 weeks ago and got notifcation for fingerprinting.

It usually take a week to cash the check. If you have online banking account that show the backside and front of the check, you probably might be able to track things down. The number they put on your check is usually the reciept number, again it varies. If you have the patience to wait for an other week you will get the notification

Good luck with everything

Friends,

I have a question for the people who have received interview letter or completed interviews,

Have all your online statuses changed when you were about to get the interview letter? Because I see in other posts that people get validation error when they were about to get the letter in the mail.

Any idea?

Thanks
Sayam

Friends,

I have a question for the people who have received interview letter or completed interviews,

Have all your online statuses changed when you were about to get the interview letter? Because I see in other posts that people get validation error when they were about to get the letter in the mail.

Any idea?

Thanks
Sayam

There has been anecdotal evidence that disppearance of the online case status is a precursor ro receiving the interview letter. However, this is not a rock solid indicator. There have been cases where the online status never showed from day one, and also cases where the online case status showed up even after the person had had their oath one year ago. Nevertheless, if someone's case first shows up and then vanishes, I think an interview letter is on its way.

Did your online case status vanish recently? Which DO?

Hello,

I am from Philly DO. And I am seeing my Online status stays the same, without any change.... 'Case Received and Pending'.

And I am wondering whether anybody got the IL with this message.

Thanks
Sayam