Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

C'mon ppl, there has to be somone that lives in Philadelphia
that uses this forum...

Any timeframe links would be useful!

No, that's just a name of the thread where the post is.
Newark has its own "legendary" INS office. (got my GC there)

Member Andreiz's timeline

Here is my timeline so far:

VSC
PD: Oct 20, 02
FP: Jan 19, 03
Interview date scheduled: Aug 19, 03 in Philadelphia

i'll keep you updated

andrei

no response for 10 months?

Liberty1,

You have not heard back from the INS in over 10 months? did you try calling your congressman to speed things up?

I thought the whole process took an avg of 10 months in Philly

Re: 10 months

I have visited the Philly ofiice and called BCIS customer service several times and have been told to wait till 365 days pass per the notice I received when I applied for my citizenship. Philly apparently takes up to 12 months. At this point, I am actually worried that mine is going to take longer.

I have tried contacting my congressmen's office several times but have never received a call back. My intuition tells me that even if I am able to get in touch with them, they are probably going to give me the same message as the INS, i.e. wait until your 12 months passes.

Any thoughts from all of you out there on what I should do? Thanks.

Liberty1,
Don't worry, it took me exactly 336 days to get the interview letter, I am from NYC. Best of luck

Where in the world is Andreiz?

Andreiz had interview on the 19th (Philly). If you see this post, please post your experience.

Thanks

Got my NOA today..

Mailed N400 on 29th July, received by VSC on 30th July. It says 365 days on NOA. I also checked the status online and it says received on August 6th and takes 240 - 300 days!!

Recived NOA for fingerprinting scheduled for 9/17/03 , today is(8/25).

Returned by FBI to INS on 9/17/03.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

This info is for those who're going thru Vermont Service Center with local office in Philadelphia, N-400 interview.

Applied for N-400 - Oct 22,02
Fingerprinted - Jan 22, 03
First Int. Notice - Aug 19,03
Int. Date moved to Aug 25,03

I've met a guy who applied almost on the same day back in Oct 02 and was interviewed on the same day as I was.

I applied as a spouse of US citizen 3 years - 89 days of being a resident.

The inverview was on time, the interviewer was very friendly and a good mood. After swearing me in, he asked me whether i had any criminal convictions in the past, whether i was willing to take the oath, etc. I was not asked whether I had any traffic violations in the past (not that I had).

He did not ask me about my time outside US, even though I was out for 1 week as my N-400 was pending. Checked my selective service date (i was 24 when i registered) and gave me a list with 10 questions which were very easy (who is the current president, how many states are there in the union, etc). He did not, thank God, ask the 13 original colonies! (which i still had to memorize).

I was not given an official english test, he said my english was good enough for him to believe it was not necessary.

After he reviewed my answeres, he said the iverview was over and that i'd get a letter in the mail with the date of the oath. I know some wrote that the interviewer checked "a decision can not be made at this point", mine says "your application has been recommended for approval".

THe interview was very simple and informal. He did not ask me for any original docs, which i had with me. He did not ask me for my passport or ID, only my GC.

He did inform me that after I get US citizenship, i'd lose my russian citizenship, to which i had to say i agreed with that. many of my friends have dual citizenship, as both countries allow that, so i will simply not advertize the fact that i'm a dual citizen too often (my two kids have three citizenships - US, UK and RU!)

I will keep you posted,

Good luck,

andrei

My Application Receipt shows that the process(Natz) takes
between 240-300 days.. Lets hope it stays that way.. FP is scheduled for next week... Anyone else in the Philly area ?

My letter which I got Mid August says 365 days, while the website (case online) says 240 - 300 days.

Are these numbers generated real time? Or updated frequently?

:confused: :confused:

The Website times are updated realtime, I know that from first
hand experience. I would go by the website exp.. My letter too says 365 days

The letter I got from them still says "INS"!!!!!!!, so they are out of sync

Website times

I was just reading the threads and thought I should update you all on my experience. The times on your letter are more indicative of your actual processing time than the website.

For my application, the website always indicated between 240-300 days where as my letter said 365 days. The actual number of days between my application date and interview date: 386.

I will keep you posted on my interview experience soon.