Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Ucheojo,
I wish you all the very best tomorrow!
please keep us updated.
Good luck for you and for everybody.
Jaydende
thanks

I got both state and federal thanks to the information you provided!

Thank you so much for the information ,I really didn't know what to do without your help!!!
I went to the IRS in Wilmington,844 king st.Once there,I talked to the clerk who said they only provide federal and I have to go to the state IRS.Since I was there I asked for federal and for the address of the state building.It was a walking distance between the two buildings,the address for the S.B was :820 french street.I was out of there in 5 min.The whole process took like half an hour.
PS :while asking for federal or state,and particularly if you're married and filing jointly,make sure to provide both s.s.n numbers and particularly whoever's name and s.s.n comes first in your tax papers.
Thanks again
Jaydende

Thank you so much for the information ,I really didn't know what to do without your help!!!
I went to the IRS in Wilmington,844 king st.Once there,I talked to the clerk who said they only provide federal and I have to go to the state IRS.Since I was there I asked for federal and for the address of the state building.It was a walking distance between the two buildings,the address for the S.B was :820 french street.I was out of there in 5 min.The whole process took like half an hour.
PS :while asking for federal or state,and particularly if you're married and filing jointly,make sure to provide both s.s.n numbers and particularly whoever's name and s.s.n comes first in your tax papers.
Thanks again
Jaydende

Make sure you have three year Transcipt for State and Federal at hand when you are going to yo interview.
I recommend youalso take the original of any document you sent withthe N-400 and two extra passport photo, (sometimes they ask for them)

I see you have the Oct 6th Interview?

So pls Share with us your experince after the interview. (dont forget to take coins for parking in Philly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ucheojo,
Weren't you scheduled for interview on 09/25/2008?I think this is the date you have on your timeline?

Sorry should have updated. My date is Oct 8th(wed) in Philly

I had to change the date because my wife had surgery that week.

So i got a new appointment for Interview on the 8th mext two weeks

Sorry should have updated. My date is Oct 8th(wed) in Philly

I had to change the date because my wife had surgery that week.

So i got a new appointment for Interview on the 8th mext two weeks

Sorry to hear that,I hope she'll get better soon.
My interview will be on the 6th and yours on the 8th.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Good luck to all of us!

Sorry to hear that,I hope she'll get better soon.
My interview will be on the 6th and yours on the 8th.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Good luck to all of us!

She is better now...

On the day of your interview, ask when the next Oath date.

Also tips and things you notice..

Dont forget to take originals and copies of everything you got (just incase)

good luck

Hello All,

I would like to share my Application Information:
-----
DO: Philadelphia
N400 sent: 08/23/2008
N400 rcvd: 09/03/2008
PD: : 09/04/2008
FP: : 10/09/2008

N-400 Phila

Please find my applicaiton information in my signature. We sent in application both for me and my wife.
The checks were encashed the very next day for both our applications after they received it.

Make sure you have three year Transcipt for State and Federal at hand when you are going to yo interview.
I recommend youalso take the original of any document you sent withthe N-400 and two extra passport photo, (sometimes they ask for them)

I see you have the Oct 6th Interview?

So pls Share with us your experince after the interview. (dont forget to take coins for parking in Philly)

Hey Jaydende

Couple more days to the Interview... (Ready)

I'm trying to make sure i got everything i need.

Looking forward to your experince and i know its going to be a perfect week.

We may have Interviews and oaths on the same day..so get ready.

Hey Jaydende

Couple more days to the Interview... (Ready)

I'm trying to make sure i got everything i need.

Looking forward to your experince and i know its going to be a perfect week.

We may have Interviews and oaths on the same day..so get ready.

Hey friend,
Thanks man,you're lifting my spirits up.
I am about to be ready,just the final touch trying to go through all the papers.I wish your wish comes true and we get done with both interview and oath on the same day!let's be positive and wish for the best!!

hey friend,
thanks man,you're lifting my spirits up.
I am about to be ready,just the final touch trying to go through all the papers.i wish your wish comes true and we get done with both interview and oath on the same day!let's be positive and wish for the best!!

amen!!!!!!!!:)

Questions about interview

Hi,

Here is my case information, and some questions regarding the interview at Philly

District Office: Philadelphia
N400 received date: May 16, 2008
FP date: July 14, 2008
IL date: Oct 1, 2008
IL appointment: Nov 24, 2008

Questions

1. What is the parking situation around the Philly INS office where the interveiw takes place?

2. Assuming the interview goes smoothly, is it possible/likely to have the oath date determined on the spot?

3. Besides the documents the INS is asking me to bring, what other documents should I bring "just-in-case"? (I have no prior tickets/convictions, no significant overseas trips, am up-to-date on all federal/state income tax)

My interview experience /Philly

How did your Interview g:)?

Ucheojo1,
This message is particularly for you and for this great web and all those who contribute to its success.
The interview was a breeze!!!! so relax and everything will be just fine.
My interview's appointment was at 8:20,I was there exactly half an hour before.The traffic was heavy,so plan ahead to go earlier ,I didn't have to look for a parking because my partner took care of that part,he just dropped me next to the immigration building and left.At the entrance of the building,you need to provide them with your appointment letter and DL,was asked whether I had camera or weapons with me ,I said "no''.He pointed to the elevator to go to the 6th floor.Once in the 6th floor,the room was empty,we were a group of 5 or 6 people.we handed our appointment letters and were ordered to have a seat.we waited like 10 mins ,then they started calling people.I was 3rd to be called ,the IO was very nice and friendly.
Once in the room, I swore to tell the truth,then sat down.He asked about my DL,GC,and passport,nothing else.He went through the application and all the information that was there,to see wether there are any changes,there was none.Then he told me about the civics/history test,he asked verbally 6 questions and he was marking,then he told me to write ''Today is a sunny day''.After that he gave me a paper to sign,and told me ''congratulations,you passed''he gave the 2 pictures I sent with my applicaion and showed where to sign.He told me that I'll get the oath letter in about 3 to 6 weeks depending on the backlog and that the oath ceremony will be in Wilmington court.The whole process took about 10 mins.
So,now I'll be looking forward to the oath letter!!!
Good luck everybody
Ucheojo,good luck with your interview on the 8th!

Ucheojo1,
This message is particularly for you and for this great web and all those who contribute to its success.
The interview was a breeze!!!! so relax and everything will be just fine.
My interview's appointment was at 8:20,I was there exactly half an hour before.The traffic was heavy,so plan ahead to go earlier ,I didn't have to look for a parking because my partner took care of that part,he just dropped me next to the immigration building and left.At the entrance of the building,you need to provide them with your appointment letter and DL,was asked whether I had camera or weapons with me ,I said "no''.He pointed to the elevator to go to the 6th floor.Once in the 6th floor,the room was empty,we were a group of 5 or 6 people.we handed our appointment letters and were ordered to have a seat.we waited like 10 mins ,then they started calling people.I was 3rd to be called ,the IO was very nice and friendly.
Once in the room, I swore to tell the truth,then sat down.He asked about my DL,GC,and passport,nothing else.He went through the application and all the information that was there,to see wether there are any changes,there was none.Then he told me about the civics/history test,he asked verbally 6 questions and he was marking,then he told me to write ''Today is a sunny day''.After that he gave me a paper to sign,and told me ''congratulations,you passed''he gave the 2 pictures I sent with my applicaion and showed where to sign.He told me that I'll get the oath letter in about 3 to 6 weeks depending on the backlog and that the oath ceremony will be in Wilmington court.The whole process took about 10 mins.
So,now I'll be looking forward to the oath letter!!!
Good luck everybody
Ucheojo,good luck with your interview on the 8th!

Jaydende: Congratulations on your successful interview! Do they allow cell phones inside the building? Also, did you sign your full name or abbreviated signature? Thanks.