Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Ucheojo1,
This message is particularly for you and for this great web and all those who contribute to its success.
The interview was a breeze!!!! so relax and everything will be just fine.
My interview's appointment was at 8:20,I was there exactly half an hour before.The traffic was heavy,so plan ahead to go earlier ,I didn't have to look for a parking because my partner took care of that part,he just dropped me next to the immigration building and left.At the entrance of the building,you need to provide them with your appointment letter and DL,was asked whether I had camera or weapons with me ,I said "no''.He pointed to the elevator to go to the 6th floor.Once in the 6th floor,the room was empty,we were a group of 5 or 6 people.we handed our appointment letters and were ordered to have a seat.we waited like 10 mins ,then they started calling people.I was 3rd to be called ,the IO was very nice and friendly.
Once in the room, I swore to tell the truth,then sat down.He asked about my DL,GC,and passport,nothing else.He went through the application and all the information that was there,to see wether there are any changes,there was none.Then he told me about the civics/history test,he asked verbally 6 questions and he was marking,then he told me to write ''Today is a sunny day''.After that he gave me a paper to sign,and told me ''congratulations,you passed''he gave the 2 pictures I sent with my applicaion and showed where to sign.He told me that I'll get the oath letter in about 3 to 6 weeks depending on the backlog and that the oath ceremony will be in Wilmington court.The whole process took about 10 mins.
So,now I'll be looking forward to the oath letter!!!
Good luck everybody
Ucheojo,good luck with your interview on the 8th!

Congrats!!... I am glad it went very smooth.
expect your Oath Letter soon....
I am looking fwd to wednesday...... I dont work Tuesday and Wednesday so i will be relaxed.
I will make a posting on Wednesday evening.
:)

Congrats!!... I am glad it went very smooth.
expect your Oath Letter soon....
I am looking fwd to wednesday...... I dont work Tuesday and Wednesday so i will be relaxed.
I will make a posting on Wednesday evening.
:)

ucheojo1: All the best for tomorrow!

Jaydende: Congratulations on your successful interview! Do they allow cell phones inside the building? Also, did you sign your full name or abbreviated signature? Thanks.

Thanks guys!
To be on the safe side,I left my cell phone,coins in the car,just to avoid making another trip to the parking because they made me return to my car while going for fingerprints to get rid of my cell phone.However,I noticed one lady with a cell phone and asked wether we're allowed to have cell phone with us she said 'yes'.cameras are not allowed in.
As for the signature,you sign your full name.
Good luck everybody!

Interview (i call ez pass)

:D
Thanks Jaydende for the tips.

Here's how it went.

My Interview was for 1020am ....I left Delaware @ 800am cause of unforseen traffic or situation. Fortunately no delays.

Got parking (4hrs meters)
Walked up to the line @ calloway USCIS Bldg. They went through the usuall airport style screening of bags, self etc (take belt off:confused:)

@ the 6th floor i submitted my Notice (appointment) to receptionist.
(1015am)

I was called in by Officer 5 mins after i sat down. (1020am)

He swore me in (to tell the truth ........)

Asked for Passport, GC, Driver LIC.

Went through application- Asked about wife, date married, where i worked, and cecked through the other questions (pretty fast)

Asked if i would take new or Old test (in my mind i said what do you think Mr officer) Anyway i took the old test. Passed all 7
1. who is President Today
2. how many stars on flag
3. Name one benefit of being a us citizen
4. who becomes president if both President and Vice dies
5. who was te main writer of the declaration of Indep
6. color of the stars
7. Name two senetors from your state (delaware)

He gave me a sentence to read, and then told me to write a simple sentence he quoted.

He gave me a congratulation letter and i signed the N400 and passport photos. (you will be directed on how to sign and where to sign)

He then said Unfortunately, you will not be able to Vote, because the deadling to register to vote in Delaware is this Saturday the 11th. But you will recieve an OATH letter in the mail.....the ceremony will be somewhere in delaware. (2-3 wks, but before DECEMBER)

I said No problem.... I thanked him and when i worked out, it was 1030am. (Interview Successful)

I was shocked that these guys are really working hard and fast in Philly DO.

ANYWAYS I KNOW IT WILL GET EVEN BETTER.

MAYBE SOMEDAY PHILLY DO WILL BE LIKE THOSE IN NJ (SAME DAY Interview & OATH)

THANKS ALL WHO POSTED AND GAVE TIPS ON THIS THREAD.

SHOUT OUT TO Jaydende---thanks for the tips and advice. Probably we would get the Oath letter in the mail next week.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
:D

Got parking (4hrs meters)
@ the 6th floor i submitted my Notice (appointment) to receptionist.
ucheojo1: Congratulations on your successful interview!

I have a couple of questions:

- How far are these 4-hr parking meters from the USCIS building? If possible, can you please tell the street name where these meters are located?

- Do they keep your Interview Letter, or do they mark it and hand it back to you like FP notice?

Thanks.

ucheojo1: Congratulations on your successful interview!

I have a couple of questions:

- How far are these 4-hr parking meters from the USCIS building? If possible, can you please tell the street name where these meters are located?

- Do they keep your Interview Letter, or do they mark it and hand it back to you like FP notice?

Thanks.

The 4 hr meters are behind Wood street.... (close to a big parking garage)
one street behind the USCIS BLDG. Infact it seems all the meters around the
USCIS BLDG are now 4 hr meters

They (USCIS) take your Interview Letter,
They give you a white sheet of paper N-652 Naturalization Interview Result.....were they mark wheather you passed, failed..etc...

marked was- You passed the test of English and US history and Govt

Marked was- Conguratulations! Your application has been recommend for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted , you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

Now the IO was kind to explain to me that if there was a ceremoy available in DElaware sooner, He would have given me the time and place, but i should expect the Oath letter anytime between now and November (but before DEC)

(In my mind i said maybe they are scared OBAMA will win by big Margins :rolleyes: so lets not allow these Immigrants vote for him)-kidding

Anyway Expect to have a smooth Interview.

Ucheojo1,
Congratulations on your interview!I was 100% sure yours is gonna be a
successful one too ! hope we''ll get the oath letter soon to celebrate the end of this journey!
I have a question though:why That paper we were given says ''if final approval was granted,you'll get the oath letter'' is it just a formal sentence ,or they look at the application and decide whether to give or to deny?any idea? that sentence was bothering me?I wish somebody has an explanation for it?
Thanks

Ucheojo1,
Congratulations on your interview!I was 100% sure yours is gonna be a
successful one too ! hope we''ll get the oath letter soon to celebrate the end of this journey!
I have a question though:why That paper we were given says ''if final approval was granted,you'll get the oath letter'' is it just a formal sentence ,or they look at the application and decide whether to give or to deny?any idea? that sentence was bothering me?I wish somebody has an explanation for it?
Thanks

Thats part of the formality.
My collegue @ work got the same letter in August, and had a ceremony in Sept.

The officer (Officer Stampler) explained that because of the amount of people from Delaware that applied for N-400, they have to consolidate the ceremony (more effiecient).

So we are already approved ..... (if there was any prolem, they will tell you at the interview. While my IO was dcumenting on the Computer, i overhead another IO @ the next cubical telling a guy he did not provide enough evidence as proof that his marriage was legible. They went back and forth, but they lowered they voice...so i could not hear anymore. But outside the BLDG the guy whose also from DE told me they rescheduled his interview for next month and told him to bring enough eveidence to countinue the process-joint tax etc)

So we denfinetly are okay just gotta wait...

My mind tells me we will get a letter within 2 weeks and may have the OATH in November or DECEMBER...

Hi i am going to apply for marriage based N-400,
i have joint bank statement, rental lease, joint tax transcripts, and utilitty bills, to take with me, you just mentioned the guy was not approved because he did not have enough evidence.
What do you think what doc should i take with me for interview if i get a interview.

Hi i am going to apply for marriage based N-400,
i have joint bank statement, rental lease, joint tax transcripts, and utilitty bills, to take with me, you just mentioned the guy was not approved because he did not have enough evidence.
What do you think what doc should i take with me for interview if i get a interview.

Yes ...
I also applied based on marriage.
Submit as much (Necessary documnets that proves your marriage is real)

Joint TAXes for 3 years..
Utilities (joint)
Lease-Rent, Auto
Auto Insurance
HEalth or Life Insurance..

the list should be the USCIS citizenship guidelines.

Make a colored copy of Documents and submit with N-400
During the Interview, Take a copy/Original of everything you submitted with N-400.
Usually when you submit everything with N-400, they dont ask you for much.
For me they only asked for Passport, GC, Drivers Lic and Selective service.
Now, they have a copy of selective service in file, but he still asked for my copy.

Better safe....

Document Checklist for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

All Applicants for Naturalization must send the following items with their N-400 application:
A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as the Alien Registration Card or "Green Card"). If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt for your Form I-90, "Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card"; and
Two identical color photographs, with your name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo. For details about the photo requirements, see Part 5 of A Guide to Naturalization and the Form M-603 instructions. Do not wear eyeglasses or earrings for the photo. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features must still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and
A check or money order for the application fee and the biometric services fee (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from the biometrics services fee). Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order. The application fee is $595 and the biometrics services fee is $80. You may combine the fees into one check or money order. Make your check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security."
Send copies of the following documents, unless we ask for an original.
If an attorney or accredited representative is acting on your behalf, send:
A completed original Form G-28, "Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative"

If your current legal name is different from the name on your Permanent Resident Card, send:
The document(s) that legally changed your name (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document).

If you are applying for naturalization based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
Naturalization Certificate, or
Certificate of Citizenship, or
The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse's current U.S. passport, or
Form FS-240, "Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America," and
Your current marriage certificate, and
Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
Documents referring to you and your spouse:
Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
If you were married before, send:
Proof that all earlier marriages ended - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate
(s);[/COLOR
]If you were previously in the U.S. military service, send:
A completed original Form G-325B, "Biographic Information."

If you are currently in the U.S. military service and are seeking citizenship based on that service, send:
A completed original Form N-426, "Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service;" and
A completed original Form G-325B, "Biographic Information."
If you have taken any trips outside the United States that lasted six months or more since becoming a Permanent Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:
An IRS tax return "transcript" or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last five years (or for the last three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).
Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.
If you have a dependent spouse or children who do not live with you, send:
Any court or government order to provide financial support; and
Evidence of your financial support (including evidence that you have complied with any court or government order), such as:
Cancelled checks,
Money and receipts,
A court or agency printout of child support payments,
Evidence of wage garnishments,
A letter from the parent or guardian who cares for your children.
If you answer "Yes" to any of Questions 1 through 14 of Part 10 of form N-400, send:
A written explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

If you answer "No" to any of Questions 34 through 39 of Part 10 of form N-400, send:
A written explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed, send:
An original official statement by the arresting agency or applicant court confirming that no charges were filed.

If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, send:
An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and disposition for each incident (dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order).

If you have ever been convicted or placed in an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program (such as a drug treatment or community service program), send:
An original or court-certified copy of the sentencing record for each incident; and
Evidence that you completed your sentence:
An original or certified copy of your probation or parole record; or
Evidence that you completed an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program.
If you have ever had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged or otherwise removed from your record, send:
An original or court-certified copy of the court order vacating, setting aside, sealing, expunging or otherwise removing the arrest or conviction, or

NOTE: If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime, you may send any countervailing evidence or evidence in your favor concerning the circumstances of your arrest and/or conviction that you would like USCIS to consider.

If you have ever failed to file an income tax return since you became a Permanent Resident, send:
All correspondence with the IRS regarding your failure to file.

If you have any federal, state or local taxes that are overdue, send:
A signed agreement from the IRS or state or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax return and arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and
Documentation from the IRS or state or local tax office showing the current status of your repayment program.
NOTE: You may obtain copies of tax documents and tax information by contacting your local IRS offices, using the Blue Pages of your telephone directory, or through its website at www.iris.gov.

If you are applying for a disability exception to the testing requirement, send:
An original Form N-648, "Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions," completed less than six months ago by a licensed medical or osteopathic doctor or licensed clinical psychologist.

If you did not register with the Selective Service and you (1) are male, (2) are 26 years old or older, and (3) lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful nonimmigrant between the ages of 18 and 26, send:
A "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service (Call 1-847-688-8888) for more information.

A Guide to Naturalization

M-603, USCIS is Making Photos Simpler (67KB PDF)

Form G-28

Form G-325B

Form N-426

Form N-648

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this information:
UsefulSlightly UsefulNot UsefulDon't Know

Did he asked any question regarding your spouse? Any tricky questions? like they do during the joint green card interview?

Thats part of the formality.
My collegue @ work got the same letter in August, and had a ceremony in Sept.

The officer (Officer Stampler) explained that because of the amount of people from Delaware that applied for N-400, they have to consolidate the ceremony (more effiecient).

So we are already approved ..... (if there was any prolem, they will tell you at the interview. While my IO was dcumenting on the Computer, i overhead another IO @ the next cubical telling a guy he did not provide enough evidence as proof that his marriage was legible. They went back and forth, but they lowered they voice...so i could not hear anymore. But outside the BLDG the guy whose also from DE told me they rescheduled his interview for next month and told him to bring enough eveidence to countinue the process-joint tax etc)

So we denfinetly are okay just gotta wait...

My mind tells me we will get a letter within 2 weeks and may have the OATH in November or DECEMBER...

I definitely trust your assumption as it was correct the first time I was waiting for my IL!
I have another question: what documents you apply for after you get your certificate of citizenship apart from ""passport''''??????
I noticed a bunch of abbreviations ,while I was reading this thread,which I don't have a clue what they stand for?like ''passport card''?is that available and can we apply for it too?Iwill try to collect them and post them in my next message.
Thanks a lot

Hi Everyone,
I am new on this website and hope someone can help me. I recently applied for my wife's citizenship, we live in Delaware so her FP will be in dover on the 25th Oct. Initially it was on 15th, last Saturday we walked in at dover office, the officers said ok we will do it but unfortunately she had "Henna" on her fingers (its a temp colour thing). SO the officer said come back when this is off, and he rescheduled us for the 25th.
Here is the main question, Me and my wife are going abroad for her brothers wedding , i have already bought the tickets for the 1st week for Dec. I will be back in 3 weeks but she will stay there as much she can, may be a couple months. I don't know what to do i am not sure how is the time line working for phili office, thats what the officer said the interview will be in Philadelphia, I know we still have a month after FP but still want to take everyones suggestion. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am new on this website and hope someone can help me. I recently applied for my wife's citizenship, we live in Delaware so her FP will be in dover on the 25th Oct. Initially it was on 15th, last Saturday we walked in at dover office, the officers said ok we will do it but unfortunately she had "Henna" on her fingers (its a temp colour thing). SO the officer said come back when this is off, and he rescheduled us for the 25th.
Here is the main question, Me and my wife are going abroad for her brothers wedding , i have already bought the tickets for the 1st week for Dec. I will be back in 3 weeks but she will stay there as much she can, may be a couple months. I don't know what to do i am not sure how is the time line working for phili office, thats what the officer said the interview will be in Philadelphia, I know we still have a month after FP but still want to take everyones suggestion. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sacrifice may have to be made by your wife. I dont think personally it will be a good idea to travel and spend all that time overseas.
Sometimes Ins are funny about travel dates.

Question about spouse

Did he asked any question regarding your spouse? Any tricky questions? like they do during the joint green card interview?

First during the interview (Naturalization Interview- they interview only you..your spouse will not be interviewed)

He asked where my spouse worked.
He asked her date of birth and date we got married.
He asked how we met (to see if it matches with the first answer GC interview)

I definitely trust your assumption as it was correct the first time I was waiting for my IL!
I have another question: what documents you apply for after you get your certificate of citizenship apart from ""passport''''??????
I noticed a bunch of abbreviations ,while I was reading this thread,which I don't have a clue what they stand for?like ''passport card''?is that available and can we apply for it too?Iwill try to collect them and post them in my next message.
Thanks a lot

[*]PAssport + Passport Card

[*]Update your status @ Social Security (they will mail you a new Card with Same SS # as before)

[*]Update Status with your current JOB or employer.[/B][/LIST][/B]
(Between now and the OATH -Jaydene we should try not to get a traffic tickets) :)

Also Jaydene.....someone told me to expect the Oath Date for November 1st or 2nd Week. (I also pray so)

Philly, DE residents

Share this forum and website with your friends and family who are in or going through the Immigration process.
I guess sharing experinces and suggestions has made this Naturalization process a bit easy and less complicated.

Wilmington oath

What are next set of dates for oath ceremony in wilmington?
any website that can tell us more about when I could expect oath?

N400 submision: 2/23/07 (yes '07)
Interview date: 9/29/08
Oath: still expecting

FP-Done

Hello All,

I would like to share my Application Information:
-----
DO: Philadelphia
N400 sent: 08/23/2008
N400 rcvd: 09/03/2008
PD: : 09/04/2008
FP: : 10/09/2008 ----Done
What is next?????????????/

What are next set of dates for oath ceremony in wilmington?
any website that can tell us more about when I could expect oath?

N400 submision: 2/23/07 (yes '07)
Interview date: 9/29/08
Oath: still expecting

I dont think there is a website that gives the date for delaware.
If i may ask, on the day of your interview, when did your IO tell you to expect your oath date?