Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Mount Laurel, NJ
I got my citizenship today. It was a great experiance. Thanks guys for all the support and guidance. I went there around 10.15AM. The IO called me around 11.AM and goes through the interview process quickly. He asked me 15 questions and he had all the documents that I submitted in (madrass) 6 years ago. I was little bit surprised and he is a philly Fan and we talked a little bit regarding the phillys chances in the world series. He asked me whether i had any traffic tickets and why i checked no in in the
N400 other than that he had nod problems. He asked me whether I paid all my tickets and told me to stay away from trouble. As far as document concerned he asked my GC drivers License and social security card. Everything else went fine. I took the oath around 3.15PM and the whole process is over.

Application mailed – 8/01/08
Application received – 8/05/08
Priority date – 8/07/08
Fingerprint appt notice – 8/12/08
Fingerprint appt date - 9/05/08 in Philadelphia, PA
Fingerprint completed - 9/05/08
Interview letter received - 9/24/08
Interview scheduled - 10/17/08
Complete interview and oath 10/17/08

Total days ----75

Mount Laurel, NJ
I got my citizenship today. It was a great experiance. Thanks guys for all the support and guidance. I went there around 10.15AM. The IO called me around 11.AM and goes through the interview process quickly. He asked me 15 questions and he had all the documents that I submitted in (madrass) 6 years ago. I was little bit surprised and he is a philly Fan and we talked a little bit regarding the phillys chances in the world series. He asked me whether i had any traffic tickets and why i checked no in in the
N400 other than that he had nod problems. He asked me whether I paid all my tickets and told me to stay away from trouble. As far as document concerned he asked my GC drivers License and social security card. Everything else went fine. I took the oath around 3.15PM and the whole process is over.

Application mailed – 8/01/08
Application received – 8/05/08
Priority date – 8/07/08
Fingerprint appt notice – 8/12/08
Fingerprint appt date - 9/05/08 in Philadelphia, PA
Fingerprint completed - 9/05/08
Interview letter received - 9/24/08
Interview scheduled - 10/17/08
Complete interview and oath 10/17/08

Total days ----75

Congratulations.
It seems Mount Laurels is in a fast lane, compared to Philly (and they are few miles apart)

I mailed my application in July 2008 and had Interview October 10 2008
They said the Oath date for Philly is backlog (i'm in Delaware) and we would have the Oath letter mailed within 3 weeks .

DE oath

First Thursday of the month, during spring and autumn months only. The location is usually the Federal Court for the Distric of Delaware in Wilmington. You can call the District Court in Wilmington to confirm.

What are next set of dates for oath ceremony in wilmington?
any website that can tell us more about when I could expect oath?

N400 submision: 2/23/07 (yes '07)
Interview date: 9/29/08
Oath: still expecting

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I have a question about the interview. Do they allow kids inside the building? Both my wife and I have interviews 20 minutes apart.

Thanks
Sayam

Hello,

I have a question about the interview. Do they allow kids inside the building? Both my wife and I have interviews 20 minutes apart.

Thanks
Sayam

Yeh.... on the 6th floor lobby where you and your wife may be @, they have kids play set., but you have to put them back after your interviews....

interview today, oath tomorrow

I had my interview today and passed. The interviewer was a very nice lady - started pretty much on time and was complete within 10 minutes. I was not asked to show anything except drivers license, passport and perm res card. I was asked 6 civics questions and passed. She had me read one of the additional questions and write a short sentence.

The bonus was she asked if I wanted to attend an oath ceremony the next day! She said she only had 2 slots left and they frequently can schedule right away (where they used to only do by mail). She (and I) felt this was a much better system.

Good luck to those following me and thanks to all the posters who made this journey before me and were kind enough to share their experience.

I had my interview today and passed. The interviewer was a very nice lady - started pretty much on time and was complete within 10 minutes. I was not asked to show anything except drivers license, passport and perm res card. I was asked 6 civics questions and passed. She had me read one of the additional questions and write a short sentence.

The bonus was she asked if I wanted to attend an oath ceremony the next day! She said she only had 2 slots left and they frequently can schedule right away (where they used to only do by mail). She (and I) felt this was a much better system.

Good luck to those following me and thanks to all the posters who made this journey before me and were kind enough to share their experience.

jancdn: Congratulations on your successful interview! All the best for your oath tomorrow. Please let us know how the oath ceremony goes.

Congratulations.... but dont mind what i got to say.

"WHAT!!!! I dont believe this Philly DO, why can they not jut have Oaths for everyone soon.

I had my interview on the 8th of Oct. And I had confidence in them, now the whole thing is hanging .....i have been patient all this while, but i now check my mail everyday. Its crazy ............

Anyway Jancdn... congratulations

My oath will take place in the same building as the interview - I live North of Philly. I seem to recall that those currently waiting for oath are from Delaware - could this be why the procedure difference?. Hang in there....I bet you will hear this week about your oath and thanks for the congrats.

Specifically the interviewer said..."I only have 2 slots left for tomorrow's oath. We used to send all notices by mail but this system is so much better and avoids cancellations". Had there not been any slots open, I am not sure if I would not have been placed in the mail queue or perhaps I was taking a spot of someone who cancelled.

Though my wife's finger printing appointment was for tomorrow, we both went early this morning (my appoint was for today) to the Drummond Road ASC. The biometrics was completed for both of us within 10 minutes. No rush, no waiting at all at this service center. But now I guess the actual waiting beings for the next steps as usual.

I completed my oath today. The ceremony was one hour and 15 minutes - most of it was calling each person up to collect the green card and ensure the nat. certificate was in order. There was 61 people sworn in and there was other cermemonies going on in other courtrooms just prior to mine. Definately there were others in the room who had the interview this week so perhaps Philly has changed their procedures for the masses.

Good luck to all!

Delaware Oath Date ...

You guys are correct with your analysis.

Delaware and Philly Resident share one DO
but the Oaths date for Philly residents seems to differ. You guys get your oath faster.

Delaware Residents have a backlog.........

Got oath letter today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I got my oath letter today 10/24/08 for 11/06/08.
Exactly 18 days between the day of interview and the day I got the notice for the oath,the notice is dated 10/19/08.The oath ceremony will be in Us District court of Delaware in Wilmington at 9:00 am.
Ucheojo,
Did you get yours or not yet? if not today,probably tomorrow.
I guess we will be attending the same ceremony as our dates are close.
Good luck everyone!

Hey guys,

I got my oath letter today 10/24/08 for 11/06/08.
Exactly 18 days between the day of interview and the day I got the notice for the oath,the notice is dated 10/19/08.The oath ceremony will be in Us District court of Delaware in Wilmington at 9:00 am.
Ucheojo,
Did you get yours or not yet? if not today,probably tomorrow.
I guess we will be attending the same ceremony as our dates are close.
Good luck everyone!

still expecting it, I guess i'll get it sometime soon
but i am very happy for you. I was waiting to hear you respond...because for some reason i know if you get yours, i will follow behind.

Well check the forum.... i will update you.

I heard in delaware the Oath is on every first Thursday of the month.

Well this is absolutely good news.... and even though we missed the election date, in reality we have all accomplished somthing in this forum.

This forum....especially the citizenship tread is a good way people can inter- change and exchange information.

I will keep you updated Jaydende.

"All praise goes to our God and Creator"

Ucheojo,
You're absolutely right''All praise goes to God''
I completely agree this forum helps a whole lot,I had a bunch of questions and a lot of inquiries to make and this thread makes it easier.You learn a lot from people's experiences.I thank everyone who contributed to the success of this forum and who helped made the journey towards citizenship a less frustrating one! Thanks a lot!
Ucheojo,I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,hang in there...it's on its way!

I just called USCIS and was told that my application cleared name check and is now waiting in line for interview scheduling. Does anyone know how long it typically takes between between NC and IL? Thanks.

DO:pHL
PD: 4/22/08
FP: 5/27/08
NC: 10/8/08

Ucheojo,
I completely agree this forum helps a whole lot,I had a bunch of questions and a lot of inquiries to make and this thread makes it easier.You learn a lot from people's experiences.I thank everyone who contributed to the success of this forum and who helped made the journey towards citizenship a less frustrating one! Thanks a lot!
Ucheojo,I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,hang in there...it's on its way!

Well still waiting..... According to the IO in Dover, they have scheduled the Oath...but she does not know the exact date....so i am still checking my mail daily.
In addition, she said that if Delaware courts had more Oath ceremonys, the process in Philly DO will go faster.; but the Judges in Delaware love to take their vacation........

Had Interview but my file has not been received from Vermont yet...

Dear All,

I had my interview on Sep 19 in Philly DO, passed the Eng/history test, but a decision could not be made as my file had not been sent from the Vermont Processing Center yet!

Before the interview I was asked to fill out a N400 all over again (I didn't have a copy with me). This happened to may be 20% of the people that were there for the interview that morning. So I went into the interview with this new N400 that I had just filled out. IO told me that my file is still in Vermont but still proceeded with the interview, gave me the test and asked few questions however she could not make a decision as my file was still in Vermont.

I called USCIS and went to Infopass but they tell me to wait for 120 days.

Has anything like this happen to you? and if it did what was your experience?

Best Regards.

PD: Jan 05, 2007
FP: few weeks later
Loooong Name Check Process...
ID: Sep 19, 2008

Dear All,

I had my interview on Sep 19 in Philly DO, passed the Eng/history test, but a decision could not be made as my file had not been sent from the Vermont Processing Center yet!

Before the interview I was asked to fill out a N400 all over again (I didn't have a copy with me). This happened to may be 20% of the people that were there for the interview that morning. So I went into the interview with this new N400 that I had just filled out. IO told me that my file is still in Vermont but still proceeded with the interview, gave me the test and asked few questions however she could not make a decision as my file was still in Vermont.

I called USCIS and went to Infopass but they tell me to wait for 120 days.

Has anything like this happen to you? and if it did what was your experience?

Best Regards.

PD: Jan 05, 2007
FP: few weeks later
Loooong Name Check Process...
ID: Sep 19, 2008

Well during my interview on the 8th of October, 2008 (filed N-400 on June 2008) ...they did not ask for N-400... They had a copies of all files they needed.
But for people who filed before 2008, they asked for copies of their N-400 and supporting Documents. Probably they want to keep things updated.

(Still waiting "Patiently" for my :eek:ath Letter.......Yeh, y:rolleyes:u bet, i'm checking the mail everyday)

wats up Jaydende

Ucheojo,

Are You getting ready for Thursdays ceremony....?

Well i did not get anything in the mail yet.
In fact, for the first time in a long while....i find myself very anxious to receive the Oath letter.
i checked my mail daily like crazy and have gone through InfoPass in Dover office.
The IO said it was scheduled...but did not see a date on her screen. She talked about a backlog that occurs depending on who interviewed (Rank of officer) me........ but i know i will recieve it soon.

Well the g:eek::)d thing about all of this is the Interview part is over.
I know i am stressing because when you get close to the end of a race you are more eager to finish and focus on other aspects & goals in life.

Anyway...if i get any updates i will post something here.

Please tell us your experience on Thursdays Ceremony in Delaware........ .......... and even though on the certificate it says: dont make copies, the Govt allowes you the bearer to make a copy you could store in a safe box for personal record or to mail when petitioniong for family memebers

(Also cant wait to see the results of the Presidential Election...)