OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Sent my OCI application today.
Clock starts again for OCI.

Mailed OCI Application: Aug 2, 2010
Received at consulate:

Hello EastIndian

I received my SC today by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation(Tracking).
The timeline is below:
Send on 7/15/10
USPS tried to deliver on 7/17/10 but SFO consulate was closed as it was Saturday.
USPS finally delivered on following Monday 7/19/10 at 10:30 a.m.
SC dispatch from SFO consulate on last Friday 7/30/10.
Received today Monday 8/2/10 at 12:25 p.m.

I also send my OCI application today by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. The Delivery Confirmation is free if you pay online.
A new timeline begins.....

Thanks
Sarang9.

Hi Sarang9,

Any updates on your SC? Have you received it?
For me it has been 18 calendar days and 14 working days already. How about you?

Thanks

Hello EastIndian

I received my SC today by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation(Tracking).
The timeline is below:
Send on 7/15/10
USPS tried to deliver on 7/17/10 but SFO consulate was closed as it was Saturday.
USPS finally delivered on following Monday 7/19/10 at 10:30 a.m.
SC dispatch from SFO consulate on last Friday 7/30/10.
Received today Monday 8/2/10 at 12:25 p.m.

I also send my OCI application today by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. The Delivery Confirmation is free if you pay online.
A new timeline begins.....

Thanks
Sarang9.

Oh cool... Interestingly enough, my SC application was delivered to them on the 7/13. I wonder what happened.

Another update:

Received at SF 7/16
Acknowledged 7/30
Photo/Signature Scanned 7/31
Documents Printed 8/2
Dispatched 8/4

Last edited by a moderator:
SC question if minor never had Indian Passport

Can someone who is going to SF ask what to submit if minor traveled to USA with parent's Indian Passport, which was allowed practice in the 1960's and early 1970's!!

I have parent original Indian Passport with my name written in.
I have submitted SC form with explanation. Hopefully they will read and not just send back with missing Passport reply.

I applied for SC & OCI together to CG-SF on July 19 (recd. date at CGISF), how do I get the acknowledgement? mail or email or online? pl advise.

I applied for SC & OCI together to CG-SF on July 19 (recd. date at CGISF), how do I get the acknowledgement? mail or email or online? pl advise.

You should visit https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp regularly and enter your File# to check the current status of the application.
If acknowledged, it will populate the acknowledgement number in this same page...
One should continue doing this status check page until the status shows something to the effect of "Documents reached the consulate"....

I believe, SFO applicants submit original PP at the time of application, correct?

Hope this helps....

Did u submit SC for your parent or yourself? My guess if you never have a Ind PP, the requirement of SC should not apply.

Can someone who is going to SF ask what to submit if minor traveled to USA with parent's Indian Passport, which was allowed practice in the 1960's and early 1970's!!

I have parent original Indian Passport with my name written in.
I have submitted SC form with explanation. Hopefully they will read and not just send back with missing Passport reply.

You should visit https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp regularly and enter your File# to check the current status of the application.
If acknowledged, it will populate the acknowledgement number in this same page...
One should continue doing this status check page until the status shows something to the effect of "Documents reached the consulate"....

I believe, SFO applicants submit original PP at the time of application, correct?

Hope this helps....

As per the requirements I did submit my original Indian and US passport.

Hi rchigurupati,

Can you please update on your application status , is it acknowledge or scanned & Printed........

I know that SFO requires people to submit name change docs like ad placed in indian paper/US paper and name change certificate.

1. Is this absolutely necessary? Can I send the court order and also an ad placed in local US paper? The indian ad is causing me problems.

2. Also if name change is just addition of one letter in last name is it still necessary to treat like a name change . Ex : From Ericson to Erickson

Nope, mine is not showing any ack info. Surprisingly, when I enter my Passport no & DOB; it says it couldn't find my registration no either.

photo requirements

I really appreciate if someone can clarify my question.I don't see any provision to glue second photograph to the OCI application part A.Could someone clarify what it means 'both glued to the forms'?

Pl. provide two - (2" X 2") - size photographs, both glued to the forms

Make a copy of your part A. Then paste a photo on each copy of Part A. So when u submit there will be 2 Part A and 2 Part B.

I really appreciate if someone can clarify my question.I don't see any provision to glue second photograph to the OCI application part A.Could someone clarify what it means 'both glued to the forms'?

Pl. provide two - (2" X 2") - size photographs, both glued to the forms

I know that SFO requires people to submit name change docs like ad placed in indian paper/US paper and name change certificate.

1. Is this absolutely necessary? Can I send the court order and also an ad placed in local US paper? The indian ad is causing me problems.

2. Also if name change is just addition of one letter in last name is it still necessary to treat like a name change . Ex : From Ericson to Erickson

For my wife's name change, they did not care about ad in the paper. They did send the application back tho, asking for a notarized affidavit (which I found out a PDF by google-ing). For me, my first name and last name were flipped and they did not ask for any documentation. My current status says 'approved'. So, I am crossing fingers and hoping there won't be any more hurdles.

Nope, mine is not showing any ack info. Surprisingly, when I enter my Passport no & DOB; it says it couldn't find my registration no either.

Are you trying this, because trying it with your reference no did not work? Usually I was putting in just the reference # (the we got when we filled out Part A online). It took almost a month for me to see it being acknowledged.

Hi
I got my us passport on 7/30 - within 5working days. Did it in expedite mode with express mail for return.

Applied for surrender certificate on 8/2 - haven't checked if they got it (express mail tracking)

After I get this will apply for oci. Need to visit India in first week of nov -will I get my obi-stamp by then?if not what r my options? Should I just get a pio-card for now.