OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Hello Guys,
My online status showing "document received at SFO on 10-AUG-2010". I didnt send my US passport with the application.
Should I mail my passports now or CGISF will send me a request for my US passport. Please suggest.
-------------------------------
Date of Acknowledgement: 21-JUL-2010
Registration Status: Granted on 22-JUL-2010
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 22-JUL-2010
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 27-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 29-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: 10-AUG-2010

Good to hear that urs got acknowledged. I am still waiting but I sent a week after u -

Sent USPS : July 26th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 28th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status: UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET

Final Update on the OCI application.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 28-JUL-2010 (I guess this is date in India)
Registration Status: Granted on 29-JUL-2010 (again Indian date)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 28-JUL-2010
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 02-AUG-2010
Received by me: 11-AUG-2010

The turn around is less than a month. Very good considering that there was a name change involved too (from maiden to married).

All the best to the applicants out there!

Sri

Final Update on the OCI application.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 28-JUL-2010 (I guess this is date in India)
Registration Status: Granted on 29-JUL-2010 (again Indian date)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 28-JUL-2010
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 02-AUG-2010
Received by me: 11-AUG-2010

The turn around is less than a month. Very good considering that there was a name change involved too (from maiden to married).

All the best to the applicants out there!

Sri

They didn't need your US passport then?

Good to hear that urs got acknowledged. I am still waiting but I sent a week after u -
Yeah from looking at other peoples timelines it appears that its taking 13-16 days (including weekends) for the application to be acknowledged. I will check later tonight and see if the status changes to "Granted".

Sent USPS: July 26th, 2010
Received at CGISF: July 28th, 2010
Date Of Acknowledgment: 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status: Granted 12-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 11-AUG-2010
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED

Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-AUG-2010

couple of questions:
1. my wifes indian passport is expired and we have sent for RC the name on it is her maiden name and her us passport and citizenship have my last name - Do we need to send maden to married form along with OCI?

2. My name differs slightly from expired indian passport to us passport and citizenship
indian passport firstname middlenameKUMAR lastname
us passport firstname middlename lastname - KUMAR is missing - hope i don't need change name.

I want to send OCI app but don't want it to come back because of missing info.

By the way sent RC to SFO
sent usps express mail: aug 9th
received at CGI: aug 10th

Thanks in advance

couple of questions:
1. my wifes indian passport is expired and we have sent for RC the name on it is her maiden name and her us passport and citizenship have my last name - Do we need to send maden to married form along with OCI?

2. My name differs slightly from expired indian passport to us passport and citizenship
us passport firstname middlename lastname - KUMAR is missing - hope i don't need change name.

Thanks in advance

I think it is best to send all possible information. But at the very least I think she should mention that the name is different due to marriage, in a cover letter (this is what I did).

I am applying for OCI for my wife and daughter along with me.How many check lists do I need to attach?just one or three? Please advise.

Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 13-AUG-2010

Hello

Below is point 15 from CGISF website for your reference:

"Your name in the application should tally with your name in both the Indian passport and the US passport. In case of difference:
A. If name differs because of change of name from maiden to married: please provide
Notarized affidavit (for change of name from maiden to married)
PLUS
Notarized copy of marriage certificate
PLUS
first two and last two pages of Spouse’s passport

B. If name differs for any other reason: Please provide
Notarized affidavit for change of name
PLUS
advertisement for change of name in a newspaper in your locality in USA, and in India.
OR US Court order (for change of name) PLUS advertisement for change of name in a newspaper in India."

My suggestion will be to follow A for your wife and B for yourself. If KUMAR has been dropped from your name it is a name change. CGISF is very particular about any name changes.

The other options are to call or email CGISF; or follow A for your spouse and take a slight risk for yourself with a cover letter explaining the situation.

Good Luck

couple of questions:

Thanks in advance

Got my Surrender certificate. Now on to OCI....Few questions along the way

Hi
Got my surrender certifcate - sent on 8/2 by express mail. Got an express mail back today 8/14 from CGISF - since i wasnt home i will pick it up from the USPS monday morning. exactly 10 working days.

Now prepping for the OCI form. Few questions
a) do I need to send my original US passport along with the form? I may need to travel on biz anytime internationally within short notice. the OCI instructions say send US passport original with the form... suggestions?

b) I have multiple indian passports (had renewed it few times because i ran out of pages). so one of the line items (#11) is asking for ".... self attested copies of the 1st & last pages, US visa pages of the Indian passport (if Option A is chosen in serial No 8 above)..."- this would be my 1st passport which expired long back. my latest US passport has NO US visa since i had gotten a green card. so is it ok if i make copies of my oldest passport?

c) for #7 i will provide my original indian passport on which first time entered USA. i was just going thru this old expired passport and found that my F1 visa sticker is missing - the page exists (i see the entry seal) but not the sticker. i made a copy of that page anyway along with my few H1B visa pages. presume this is OK?

thanks a lot

I got my OCI & SC together, all it took exactly 4 weeks.
Sent docs for SC & OCI together to CGISF - July 16th
Received at CGISF - July 19th
No online status at all
Received my OCI, U-visa on US passport & Surrender Certificate all in one packet - Aug 14th
I hope this is the end.
Thanks for all your help and advise.

I sent my OCI application package on jul 28th. It was delivered to the SF consulate on Jul 29th. My application is still not acknowledged. Did anyone else send their application on or after Jul 29th? Have they acknowledged your application?

Mine was delivered to CGI SFO on Aug 4. Still no ack. Patience is running thin as this is my 3rd attempt at OCI.

I sent my OCI application package on jul 28th. It was delivered to the SF consulate on Jul 29th. My application is still not acknowledged. Did anyone else send their application on or after Jul 29th? Have they acknowledged your application?