OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Does anyone here has a sense for approximately how many days it takes between "Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office" to "Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO"?

Color photo copies of greencard

I sent OCI Application On July 30th 2010 to SFO
Received by SFO consulate on August 2nd

I have a question - In required document list sfo consulate is asking for Colored photo copies of greencard,i just had only black and white photocopies of green card.Is there any problem with it? i had to submit Greencard when i went for citizenship oath ceremony. Does anyone got rejected about black and white photocopies of greencard?Please let me know

Or you can send the original indian passport on which you first came in
I sent OCI Application On July 30th 2010 to SFO
Received by SFO consulate on August 2nd

I have a question - In required document list sfo consulate is asking for Colored photo copies of greencard,i just had only black and white photocopies of green card.Is there any problem with it? i had to submit Greencard when i went for citizenship oath ceremony. Does anyone got rejected about black and white photocopies of greencard?Please let me know

Hello All,
In this forum, some posters have said that they included their surrender certificate application along with their OCI application. Apparently, Washington and NY require that you obtain the surrender certificate before applying for OCI.

Does the SF consulate require one to obtain a surrender certificate separately before one can apply for OCI?

Thank You.

Orginal Passport Lost

Or you can send the original indian passport on which you first came in

I have lost the original passport on which I came to the US. My alternatives are:
1. Color copies of the reen card (I only have black and white)
2. EAD / I-130 etc. from the Department of Homeland security.

Questions:
1. Will black and white copies of the Green card suffice?
2. Do I need the orginal Indian passport for the surrender certificate? The folks at Travisa at San Francisco claim that the application for Surrender Certificate will be returned if the original passport is not included.

Renunciation of Citizenship can be done in parallel with OCI

Hello All,
In this forum, some posters have said that they included their surrender certificate application along with their OCI application. Apparently, Washington and NY require that you obtain the surrender certificate before applying for OCI.

Does the SF consulate require one to obtain a surrender certificate separately before one can apply for OCI?

Thank You.

Got a reply from the SF Consulate (they are very efficient!): YES, you can apply concurrently for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship and the OCI.

They also need a COLOR copy of the Green Card - not B&W.

My passport has the "passport canceled on acquisition of US nationality" stamp, but I don't have a Surrender Certificate. The CGI SF website homepage says that if I have this stamp, surrender certificate is not required. But the OCI application checklist lists surrender certificate as one of the required items. What should I do? Will sending the original Indian passport with the cancellation stamp be good enough? Or should I obtain the surrender certificate first?

Does anyone here has a sense for approximately how many days it takes between "Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office" to "Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO"?

It took 8 days for my oci application.
Dispatched - Aug 2, 2010
Received at SFO - Aug 10, 2010

Another Update on the OCI application.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 28-JUL-2010 (I guess this is date in India)
Registration Status: Granted on 29-JUL-2010 (again Indian date)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 28-JUL-2010
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 02-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: 10-AUG-2010
Received by me: Not yet

When i came to USA,my name was different than my present name.If i send my original passport,they may ask for ad in india.I don't have any ad in Indian news paper when i changed my name.I have only court order from US court.

That is the reason i have not sent my first indian passport when i entered with first US visa.

If anyone got any issues with consulate,when they send black and white copies of greencard.Please let me know.

so do you have two indian pp one with your original name and the latest with your present name (changed in US)?

When i came to USA,my name was different than my present name.If i send my original passport,they may ask for ad in india.I don't have any ad in Indian news paper when i changed my name.I have only court order from US court.

That is the reason i have not sent my first indian passport when i entered with first US visa.

If anyone got any issues with consulate,when they send black and white copies of greencard.Please let me know.

so do you have two indian pp one with your original name and the latest with your present name (changed in US)?

Yes.I have latest passport with the latest name.Old passport with original name.But the latest Passport got cancelled,when i applied for renumciation certificate.I sent latest cancelled passport along with my oci application.

Only issue is sfo consulate is asking 2 documents one is US court order and advertisement in US paper and Ad in Indian news paper.I lost advertisement cutting in US paper.So that is the reason i have not send the old indian pp with original visa.I sent Black and white green card copy instead.I hope sfo is not returning my oci application.

I got returned twice already,rules have changed by the time i sent oci application one rule is they implemented recently to submit surrender cetificate.another time got returned ,we have to send US passport along with oci application.
I am really disappointed with SFo consulate the way they work.when ever there is a rule change,they can send an email for the exisitng applicants.it's been 3 months since i have been applying and getting returned by application.

Hopefully this time,they might accept black and white green card copy.What are my other alternatives?

Yes.I have latest passport with the latest name.Old passport with original name.But the latest Passport got cancelled,when i applied for renumciation certificate.I sent latest cancelled passport along with my oci application.

Only issue is sfo consulate is asking 2 documents one is US court order and advertisement in US paper and Ad in Indian news paper.I lost advertisement cutting in US paper.So that is the reason i have not send the old indian pp with original visa.I sent Black and white green card copy instead.I hope sfo is not returning my oci application.

I got returned twice already,rules have changed by the time i sent oci application one rule is they implemented recently to submit surrender cetificate.another time got returned ,we have to send US passport along with oci application.
I am really disappointed with SFo consulate the way they work.when ever there is a rule change,they can send an email for the exisitng applicants.it's been 3 months since i have been applying and getting returned by application.

Hopefully this time,they might accept black and white green card copy.What are my other alternatives?

As long as your name is same as in your last Indian Passport and current US passport, there should not be any issue. Why is CGSF asking for court order etc. when they have already record of name change while issuing you last passport. You may want to make a personal visit to Consulate to sort this out. I feel your pain.

I have lost the original passport on which I came to the US. My alternatives are:
1. Color copies of the reen card (I only have black and white)
2. EAD / I-130 etc. from the Department of Homeland security.

Questions:
1. Will black and white copies of the Green card suffice?
2. Do I need the orginal Indian passport for the surrender certificate? The folks at Travisa at San Francisco claim that the application for Surrender Certificate will be returned if the original passport is not included.

I lost my Indian passport 25 years ago when I became a US citizen. I submitted a police report, a copy of an old Govt of India ID card which listed my Indian pp number on it, and a notarized letter stating I had lost my Indian passport. I also submitted copies of all the Indian visas I had traveled on from my current and old US passport pages. They gave me the surrender certificate based on this.

Actually I had to go in person because I did not get the certificate for 6 weeks. But once I went in the lady behind the counter was very nice and helpful and managed to give me my certificate the same day. They are really trying their best over there, and if you treat them with respect they do the same.

If you have enough time, ask the USCIS office to give you your old I-130 and other documents that you used at the time of getting your green card. The cgisf website says they will accept these. But I recommend waiting until you find out if they accepted your B&W copy or not.

If you have enough time, ask the USCIS office to give you your old I-130 and other documents that you used at the time of getting your green card. The cgisf website says they will accept these. But I recommend waiting until you find out if they accepted your B&W copy or not.

IN Old EAD/i-130 document also,i have my original name printed.I changed my name after getting my greencard.That is the reason,have not send ead/i-130 documents.

Another Update on the OCI application.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 28-JUL-2010 (I guess this is date in India)
Registration Status: Granted on 29-JUL-2010 (again Indian date)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 28-JUL-2010
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 02-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: 10-AUG-2010
Received by me: Not yet

Did you send your greencard copy or original(Us visa stamped when you first enter USA) indian passport? IF it is green card copy,did you send black and white copy of the greencard,Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sent USPS : July 26th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 28th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status: UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET