OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Did you guys sent original US passport along with the application?

I'm not sending US pp along with application. I'm will be starting new job next 2-3 weeks and need US pp for I-9.

Any risk of not sending it with the OCI application?

Sent US passport too along with OCI application as well as name change (maiden to married) documents.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Date of Acknowledgement: 28-JUL-2010 (I guess this is date in India)
Registration Status: Under Process

HI Sarang,

It was a typo.I live in Seattle and I sent my application on June 28th and received by the consulate on 06/30. The top portion of my application got damaged sue to some reason and they changed my reg. # that is the reason why I couldn't track the application. After talking to one of the vice consul (after trying for more than 20 times) If ound this. Now my application is on track.
Thanks
Mal

Date of Acknowledgement: 07/13/2010
Registration Status Granted: 07/15/2010
Photo Scanned: 07/14/2010
Documents printed on: 07/16/2010
Documents Dispatched to consulate: 07/19/2010
Documents received at San Francisco: Not Yet

Do you live very close to the CGI SFO as your Priority Mail was send and received on the same day; &
For your return Priority Mail envelope did you use Delivery Confirmation which gives you tracking?

Kindly check your submission documents and possible you missed something like SC, etc...

Also read the previous pages of this thread to get more idea as to when the CGI SFO will reply or ask for more documents..

If you are in no rush I would suggest to wait until 2 more weeks and then again contact the CGI SFO by email.

Wish you good luck and hopefully you will get some reply soon from them.

Sent US passport too along with OCI application as well as name change (maiden to married) documents.

Registration Status: Granted on 29-JUL-2010 (again Indian date)
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 28-JUL-2010
Document Printing Status: NOT PRINTED

srioci
Could u pls share how many copies of the supporting docs did u include - (Ex. #10 - 2 copies of US PP 1st and last page) - 2 copies or 4 copies?

Document Printing Status: NOT PRINTED

Number of copies for OCI application

srioci
Could u pls share how many copies of the supporting docs did u include - (Ex. #10 - 2 copies of US PP 1st and last page) - 2 copies or 4 copies?

Hi sg930,
I created two sets of Part A and B along with all the supporting documents. Except for Surrender Certificate where I attached the original SC and a copy for the duplicate set, all other documents were two copies, including documents required for name change (Maiden to married - Notarized affidavit -- original and one copy, 2 copies of notarized marriage certificate and 2 copies of spouse's passport). Also, I self attested all the copies (naturalization certificate, passport copies, driver license etc.,) not just the ones they mention. They all fit nicely into one Express Mail envelope!

Sri

sounds like srioci and I have done the same thing? Atleast that was how I interpreted his post.

I have a question - how do you find out your acknowledgement number? Is it via email?

Thanks Sri -
Hi sg930,
I created two sets of Part A and B along with all the supporting documents. Except for Surrender Certificate where I attached the original SC and a copy for the duplicate set, all other documents were two copies, including documents required for name change (Maiden to married - Notarized affidavit -- original and one copy, 2 copies of notarized marriage certificate and 2 copies of spouse's passport). Also, I self attested all the copies (naturalization certificate, passport copies, driver license etc.,) not just the ones they mention. They all fit nicely into one Express Mail envelope!

Sri

Ack number would be the one that's printed on ur Part A. Should look like USASIxxxxxxxx. Each applicant gets a different number.

sounds like srioci and I have done the same thing? Atleast that was how I interpreted his post.

I have a question - how do you find out your acknowledgement number? Is it via email?

I am not sure if the one generated during the application registration is Ack#.
When you visit https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp, it asks for Ack#, Registration#. Registration# is what is printed the OCI application, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong....
Also, if I supply the USAXXXXXXXX value in the File Ack# field, it complains that it is invalid.... whereas, if i use it in Reg# field, it is able to verify the status.

Another Update on the OCI application.

Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: NOT DISPATCHED

I am not sure if the one generated during the application registration is Ack#.
When you visit https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp, it asks for Ack#, Registration#. Registration# is what is printed the OCI application, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong....
Also, if I supply the USAXXXXXXXX value in the File Ack# field, it complains that it is invalid.... whereas, if i use it in Reg# field, it is able to verify the status.

Just found something from a friend whose status is acknowledged. When his Reg# is fed into this inquiry page, it automatically populates the Ack# in that first text field. From then on you can hang on to that number as well.

Actually that is right. I misstated. U can do status inquiry with the Online Registration Num which is USASIxxxxxxxx. Once acknowledged, they will assign a new Ack number - i think USASOxxxxxxx or something similar.

Just found something from a friend whose status is acknowledged. When his Reg# is fed into this inquiry page, it automatically populates the Ack# in that first text field. From then on you can hang on to that number as well.

Actually that is right. I misstated. U can do status inquiry with the Online Registration Num which is USASIxxxxxxxx. Once acknowledged, they will assign a new Ack number - i think USASOxxxxxxx or something similar.
Thanks. I entered just my registration Number and it brought back a message saying that my application was not yet acknowledged. So i guess I can check again in a couple of weeks and see if the status has changed.

Hi Sarang9,

Any updates on your SC? Have you received it?
For me it has been 18 calendar days and 14 working days already. How about you?

Thanks

=== OCI Application Status ===

Mailed OCI Application: July 12, 2010
Received at consulate: July 14, 2010

Date Of Acknowledgment 28-JUL-2010
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 29-JUL-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-JUL-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

Another Update on the OCI application.

Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 30-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched to Mission on: 02-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET