OCI - San Francisco Tracker

My OCI application is not yet acknowledged. I mailed USPS priority and also the selft address envelopes in priority mail.

Mailed on June 30th
OCI San Francisco received it on June 30th.
It is still not acknowledged, anyone in the same boat. I tried calling them but couldn't catch hold of anyone and also no reply for email.

Do you live very close to the CGI SFO as your Priority Mail was send and received on the same day; &
For your return Priority Mail envelope did you use Delivery Confirmation which gives you tracking?

Kindly check your submission documents and possible you missed something like SC, etc...

Also read the previous pages of this thread to get more idea as to when the CGI SFO will reply or ask for more documents..

If you are in no rush I would suggest to wait until 2 more weeks and then again contact the CGI SFO by email.

Wish you good luck and hopefully you will get some reply soon from them.

My OCI application is not yet acknowledged. I mailed USPS priority and also the selft address envelopes in priority mail.

Mailed on June 30th
OCI San Francisco received it on June 30th.
It is still not acknowledged, anyone in the same boat. I tried calling them but couldn't catch hold of anyone and also no reply for email.

Update to my OCI app:

Received via USPS priority: 7/9/2010
Acknowledged: 7/21/2010
Granted: 7/22/2010
Printed: Pending

Question:

So for US born kids if we follow the checklist
#7 - 2 copies of Birth Cert
#8 - 2 copies of Birth Cert + Father US PP (2 pg) + Father Indian PP (4 pg) + Mother US PP (2 pg) + Mother Indian PP (4 pg)
#11 - Photocopy of docs being submitted in 8 - so do they need everything of #8 again for the US born kids?
Anybody has recent experience or can shed some light on how you are doing it? To me its ridiculas (at least when applying as a family) but wanted to hear from Gurus here.
This was too strange for me too. But I guess I am going to send it anyway.

Just wanted to clarify the last of my questions before dispatching my OCI. The amount of copies I have printed thus far is incredulous...:)

1. I think I asked this once before. When applying as a family - one Express Mail envelope per applicant or one Express Mail envelope per family?
2. For minor, can I send copy of my water bill/house lease instead of my Driver License(DL)? Problem is that my actual address changed since I got my DL 5 years ago. I could send a copy of my wife's DL but she is not an OCI applicant because she is not eligible. So can I just send a copy of my water bill/house lease with a note that my son lives with me?

Thanks in advance,
Jake.

Jake
Yes the number of copies makes the packet huge. Last time I sent I could not fit it in a standard Priority envelop. Had to go for a bigger packet.

About ur questions -
1) 1 return ennvelop per OCI package. If u send apps for u and ur kids together just include 1 return env.
2) Attach the same what u r attaching for urself.

Just wanted to clarify the last of my questions before dispatching my OCI. The amount of copies I have printed thus far is incredulous...:)

1. I think I asked this once before. When applying as a family - one Express Mail envelope per applicant or one Express Mail envelope per family?
2. For minor, can I send copy of my water bill/house lease instead of my Driver License(DL)? Problem is that my actual address changed since I got my DL 5 years ago. I could send a copy of my wife's DL but she is not an OCI applicant because she is not eligible. So can I just send a copy of my water bill/house lease with a note that my son lives with me?

Thanks in advance,
Jake.

Item #10 says - Two self-attested photocopies of the first and last pages of US/ foreign passport

Also they ask for everything to be submitted in duplicate. So my question is - do you have to submit 2 photocopies for Item#10 and then also submit 2 more photocopies (total 4 copies) for the sake of submiting in duplicate? Or are they saying "two" because they mean the second is the duplicate?

So in short, do we have to submit total of 2 or 4 copies for item#10?

Sorry...its all so confusing!

Thanks in advance,
Jacob.

Item #10 says - Two self-attested photocopies of the first and last pages of US/ foreign passport

Also they ask for everything to be submitted in duplicate. So my question is - do you have to submit 2 photocopies for Item#10 and then also submit 2 more photocopies (total 4 copies) for the sake of submiting in duplicate? Or are they saying "two" because they mean the second is the duplicate?

So in short, do we have to submit total of 2 or 4 copies for item#10?

Sorry...its all so confusing!

Thanks in advance,
Jacob.

Here is what is needed:

For Each Applicant:

Set1: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents
Set2: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents.

You will end up with lot of duplicate documents, but that is what they want. Make the two sets as I mentioned above (each set should look independent of each other with its own documentation)

Here is what is needed:

For Each Applicant:

Set1: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents
Set2: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents.

You will end up with lot of duplicate documents, but that is what they want. Make the two sets as I mentioned above (each set should look independent of each other with its own documentation)

Thanks! Went ahead and mailed my family application out. Sent it by Priority mail since it was $7 vs $31 for Express. Included a prepaid express envelope also. So thus starts my OCI wait...:)

okay I am a bit confused. My understanding is even if they say 2 copies (like #3, #4, #7 and lastly #12) we are to make 2 sets and include a copy in each set - isnt it right?

So
Set1: 1 PartA (with photo attached), 1 PartB, .... SC, 1 self-attested copy of the first and last pages of US PP
Set2: 1 PartA (with photo attached), 1 PartB, .... copy of SC, 1 self-attested copy of the first and last pages of US PP like that

Jack is that how u did?
Thanks! Went ahead and mailed my family application out. Sent it by Priority mail since it was $7 vs $31 for Express. Included a prepaid express envelope also. So thus starts my OCI wait...:)

Hi sg930,

Yes...I did include the required number of copies and then doubled those for the sake of duplication. So for my son I ended up sending a total of 12 copies of his birth certificate (between Set I and Set II). Why they need 12, I can't even imagine. But yeah....I ended up sending the number they requested per item as Set I and then doubling that for Set II (duplicate).

On the Surrender Certificate, I did a little differently -

Common : CheckList, Surrender Certificate (Original), any passports(Original), money order
Set1: 1 PartA (with photo attached), 1 PartB, .... copy of SC, 1 self-attested copy of the first and last pages of US PP
Set2: 1 PartA (with photo attached), 1 PartB, .... copy of SC, 1 self-attested copy of the first and last pages of US PP like that

Thanks,
Jake

okay I am a bit confused. My understanding is even if they say 2 copies (like #3, #4, #7 and lastly #12) we are to make 2 sets and include a copy in each set - isnt it right?

So
Set1: 1 PartA (with photo attached), 1 PartB, .... SC, 1 self-attested copy of the first and last pages of US PP

Jack is that how u did?

So

Jack is that how u did?

I just re-read your post. They asked for 2 copies of US pp. In that case I actually sent 4 between set I and Set II. Maybe the 2nd copy was meant to be the duplicate...but I wasn't taking chances. So they might have more than what they need from my application.

so you included 4 copies of Part A and 4 copies of Part B as well? Checklist says 2 copies of Part A and 2 copies of part B.

CGISF mentioned in the statement below -

"The completed application form (Part-A & Part- B) must be submitted in TWO SETS for each applicant to the Consulate". I did not see anywhere its asking to submit the required documents =>2 copies in 1 set and again 2 copies in 2nd set => 2 copies of Part A and 2 copies of Part B and then following the checklist 2 copies of the supporting docs. But I may be wrong.

I just re-read your post. They asked for 2 copies of US pp. In that case I actually sent 4 between set I and Set II. Maybe the 2nd copy was meant to be the duplicate...but I wasn't taking chances. So they might have more than what they need from my application.

Hmmm....good point sg930...For part A and B, I only included one copy in each set. Based on my previous logic, I should have then sent total of 4. Which makes me think that my reasoning is flawed (no doubt misled by the vague instructions). So I've sent in quadruplicate instead of duplicate....Arrrrgh!!!...Oh well....they have more copies than necessary in that case.

They ought to avoid saying two sets/duplicate and instead just state the total number of required copies on the checklist. I think my stuff might have fit in a standard prioroty/express envelope if I stripped out all the quadruplicates from my application. Oh well....

so you included 4 copies of Part A and 4 copies of Part B as well? Checklist says 2 copies of Part A and 2 copies of part B.

CGISF mentioned in the statement below -

"The completed application form (Part-A & Part- B) must be submitted in TWO SETS for each applicant to the Consulate". I did not see anywhere its asking to submit the required documents =>2 copies in 1 set and again 2 copies in 2nd set => 2 copies of Part A and 2 copies of Part B and then following the checklist 2 copies of the supporting docs. But I may be wrong.

I think the checklist does not say submit in dup. It says 2 copies whereever needed. They also ask us to attach a copy of checklist for each apps. So if you go by the checklist, attach things and copies accordingly and checkmark the item in the list, think it shld be fine.

But you shld be safe and above all (think) they will feel happy with so many copies and may even start thinking to change the checklist in future - lol. In the recent past (when i originally applied on May 4th) it used to be 1 Part B for the whole family of upto 4 people - now its already 2 part B copies for each one. In this age of going green, they like to increase the paperwork. What a stupidy.

Hmmm....good point sg930...For part A and B, I only included one copy in each set. Based on my previous logic, I should have then sent total of 4. Which makes me think that my reasoning is flawed (no doubt misled by the vague instructions). So I've sent in quadruplicate instead of duplicate....Arrrrgh!!!...Oh well....they have more copies than necessary in that case.

They ought to avoid saying two sets/duplicate and instead just state the total number of required copies on the checklist. I think my stuff might have fit in a standard prioroty/express envelope if I stripped out all the quadruplicates from my application. Oh well....

Sent the OCI application for my wife with name change from maiden to married in US passport. I separately applied and got my OCI last year in under a month.

Sent USPS Express Mail : July 12th, 2010
Received at CGISF : July 13th, 2010

Not yet acknowledged.

Will post as and when the status is updated.