OCI - New York Tracker

Dec 2009 application status

My OCI application was received by the CGNY on Dec 23 2009, and so far the status page does not have any update!

I tried calling and emailing but could not get in touch with anyone there. Anyone Dec 2009 applicants still waiting for update on their applications?

Thanks.

Timeline:
Application Status: USPS confirmed delivery 12/23/2009
Acknowledged: NOT YET
Registration Status: NOT YET
Photo/Signature Scanned NOT YET
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

When you visit Indian Consulate NYC to collect your documents can you please check with clerk at window that if one gives US passport for OCI sticker at 11AM what time one has to collect US passport with U visa and OCI booklet. Thanks for the help

The link posted by Akgarg above says that the turn-around time is 3 hours. My advice would be to plan to be around till 5p when then close in case there is some issue. I will be going in either tomorrow or early next week. I'll let you know how long it took me.

It will help others if you post at what time you were at Window to give your US passport and what time you collected your OCI.
FYI one of my frend whent to NYC and was at window to give Online printout and US passport+Indian passport at 10-30 AM and He collected OCI Card and US visa in US passport 12-30PM. They did not cancell his indian passport and did not give his Indian passport with his documents. He asked for his Indian passport and the Person told him"why you gave the Passport? look for your Indian passport kept at window. he saw about 30-40 Indian passport kep at window and found his passport and that was not "Cancelled" . He asked the person that Indian passport is not cancelled. The person at window told not needed. it has been cancelled in records from Delhi. He came back with OCI+U visa in US passport and Uncancelled Indian passport.
Good Luck!!

MY OCI is also approved on 6th Feb. Was planning to go this week, but with snown around, will be going Tuesday 16th. Mahashivratri consulate is closed

I have sent OCI application to Indian consulate New York. Not acknowledged on OCI status page. I write the Number that was printed on Online form A that start with USANIXXXXXXX. Should I call the NYC?

My timeline:
Application Status: Mailed January 20th, received by consulate January 21

I sent my OCI application to Indian consulate New York on 19 January but still not acknowledged. Here are my timelines

OCI App Status
01/19/2010: Mailed January 19th
01/21/2010: received by consulate
??/??/2010: Acknowledged
??/??/2010: Registration Status
??/??/2010: Photo/Signature Scanned
??/??/2010: Documents Printing Status
??/??/2010: Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office
??/??/2010: Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my OCI application to Indian consulate New York on 19 January but still not acknowledged. Here are my timelines

OCI App Status
??/??/2010: Acknowledged
??/??/2010: Registration Status
??/??/2010: Photo/Signature Scanned

January 21 was Thursday and nobody may have opened the package and next day was Friday .22,23 were Saturday and Sunday and on 26th Indian consulate celebrated republic day celebrations. I think they may have sent it to Delhi in first week of February.Expect your documents at NYC after March 20-25

Yesterday (15-Feb-2010) I collected my OCI documents and ‘U’ visa sticker for my USA passport.
Based on my previous experience with embassy queue, I was thinking to avoid queue by going at 11AM…but I was wrong. Due to long weekend for many people, there was a huge queue. I reached the window at 11:40AM; consulate officer at OCI window took my US passport and OCI web status print out page. He returned my Indian passport after placing “Cancelled” seal on my Indian passport. He asked me to comeback at 4:30PM to collect the OCI documents. I collected my USA passport with U visa stamp and OCI registration document at 4:35PM

Mailed OCI application on: 29-DEC-2009
Date Of Acknowledgment 18-JAN-2010
Registration Status Granted On 30-JAN-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-JAN-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 03-FEB-2010
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI 12-FEB-2010

OCI rejection notification?

Greetings,

The web status page for my OCI application does not have any status update. My application was received by the NY consulate on Dec 23 2009 (USPS confirmed delivery). Something is likely wrong.

Can someone comment on when to expect the rejection notification from them, if my application was rejected? Needless to say, I am not very happy with the lack of any type of update, and I cannot reach the OCI staff by email or phone.

Thanks!
-madhav

Greetings,

The web status page for my OCI application does not have any status update. My application was received by the NY consulate on Dec 23 2009 (USPS confirmed delivery). Something is likely wrong.

Can someone comment on when to expect the rejection notification from them, if my application was rejected? Needless to say, I am not very happy with the lack of any type of update, and I cannot reach the OCI staff by email or phone.

Thanks!
-madhav

You should try contacting Indian consulate NYC OCI cell on below phone number or by email. Provide them your online Registration number that is on Part A. They may not pick up phone and try for 2-3 days and also send Email again to them and find if any problem with OCI application or they need any document or photograph from you.
The OCI Cell
Consulate General of India
3 E. 64th St.,
New York, NY 10065
Phone: (212) 774-0613 ( between 2PM and 4 PM)
Fax: (212) 879 7914
E-mail: vcoci@indiacgny.org
(Please mention your phone number in the email for us to contact you)

*** Also send Fax on(212) 879 7914

After multiple emails and phone calls, I got a response from OCI department. They said that are still going through the applications and informed me that they would get back to me in 10 days.

-madhav

You should try contacting Indian consulate NYC OCI cell on below phone number or by email. Provide them your online Registration number that is on Part A. They may not pick up phone and try for 2-3 days and also send Email again to them and find if any problem with OCI application or they need any document or photograph from you.

Thanks! I will wait for 10 days, per the reply I received, and get back in touch with them.

Please see the updated timeline of my case.

I mailed OCI application on 01/02/2010. I realized that I did not include the date of Naturalization in my application, while filling my daughter's application on 01/08/2010. On 01/10/2010, I sent the corrections with acovering letter to consider the changes. I was not sure that they would consider. I went ahead and applied for VISA as I planned to travel on 02/26. Fortunatlely they considered my request and as per oline status,OCI is at CGI N Y with tomorrow's date (02/18). I am planning to visit consulate on next Monday. ( Had the consulate not considered my request, it would have taken atleast another month for OCI).

I thank everybody on the Forum for their inputs. I wish all the memebers who are in the process "BEST OF LUCK"

Here are my revised timelines

OCI App Status
02/18/2010: Acknowledged
02/23/2010: Photo/Signature Scanned

How many photos and Previous Citizenship..

How many photos in total per each individual NY Consulate requires for OCI APP? Is it 2 or 4?
I understand one photo should be affixed to each copy. Should we also need to send 2 more with application?

Also what should be the previous Citizenship in the following cases?

1. US born child - Both parents hold Indian Citizenship at the time of child's birth. The Child holds Indian Passport. Obtained the US Passport along with parents.
-- I guess in this case previous citizenship is Indian. as he holds the Indian passport valid till he obtains the US passport.

2. US born child -- Both parents hold Indian citizenship at the time of the child's birth. Child has PIO card. -- Should he be considered as Indian citizen till the date he obtained/applied US passport???

How many photos in total per each individual NY Consulate requires for OCI APP? Is it 2 or 4?
I understand one photo should be affixed to each copy. Should we also need to send 2 more with application?
--------- for each 2 A forms and each A form with Photo=2 photo and 2 photo extra for each.
Also what should be the previous Citizenship in the following cases?

1. US born child - Both parents hold Indian Citizenship at the time of child's birth. The Child holds Indian Passport. Obtained the US Passport along with parents.
-- I guess in this case previous citizenship is Indian. as he holds the Indian passport valid till he obtains the US passport.
--------- copy of child Indian passport + copy of parents indian passport+ copy of child US passport.

2. US born child -- Both parents hold Indian citizenship at the time of the child's birth. Child has PIO card. -- Should he be considered as Indian citizen till the date he obtained/applied US passport???
------ From the date child got US passport then child is not indian citizen from the date he/she got US passport..
------

I have sent the Certified Bank check and today I asked my bank if that particular check has been cashed by Indian consulate New York and Bank informed me that my casher check has not been cashed by Indian Consulate New York till date.

I have sent OCI application to Indian consulate New York January 20 and consulate received on 21. Not acknowledged on OCI status page. I write the Number that was printed on Online form A that start with USANIXXXXXXX.
I attached what was asked and I just want to know if they need some paper or it is late from Delhi.Should I call the NYC? do you see the problem?Suggestions needed what I should do

My timeline:

NYC consulate-Fee not collected till date

I have sent the Certified Bank check and today I asked my bank if that particular check has been cashed by Indian consulate New York and Bank informed me that my casher check has not been cashed by Indian Consulate New York till date.
I have sent OCI application to Indian consulate New York January 20 and consulate received on 21. Not acknowledged on OCI status page. I write the Number that was printed on Online form A that start with USANIXXXXXXX.
I attached what was asked and I just want to know if they need some paper or it is late from Delhi.Should I call the NYC? do you see the problem?Suggestions needed what I should do.

My timeline:

I attached what was asked and I just want to know if they need some paper or it is late from Delhi.Should I call the NYC? do you see the problem?Suggestions needed what I should do

My timeline:

If you see the last 2-3 posts, NY is taking 3 weeks to 4 weeks to acknowledge. Hold on for a week or more...