OCI - New York Tracker

Looks like I may have not been way off

Applied for Self Spouse and kid y'day. Sent all the stuff to CGINY. Spouse had last name changed during naturalization so sent a copy of court order and marriage certificate. Let' s see if the babus accept it. It being Christmas/New Year time, I expect w'll have the OCI around Christmas 2010 :D.

Check this link out

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...a-gets-tough-on-visas/articleshow/5367548.cms

:eek: based on this I'd say my estimate of Christmas 2010 may not be way off. Am just passing on the info. I do not mean to scare people, I am worried a little bit too.

Hello! guys just read a letter(India West Dec 18/Page A6 ) from a Professor at U C Berkeley he states that the Indian Goverment website is misleading, especially where it states that if you have OCI you don't require Indian Visa....he says its completely false and to back up his statement he has given an example of another professor who was harassed when he landed in India without Visa and with only OCI( he was given a stay of only 72 hours)....he had a Visa in his old(expired) passport which he was not carrying...his wife had to courier the passport.

So, can someone throw light on this issue??

Thanks

Hello! guys just read a letter(India West Dec 18/Page A6 ) from a Professor at U C Berkeley he states that the Indian Goverment website is misleading, especially where it states that if you have OCI you don't require Indian Visa....he says its completely false and to back up his statement he has given an example of another professor who was harassed when he landed in India without Visa and with only OCI( he was given a stay of only 72 hours)....he had a Visa in his old(expired) passport which he was not carrying...his wife had to courier the passport.

So, can someone throw light on this issue??

Thanks

There is no need to post the same stuff on more than one thread. See the reply on the Houston tracker thread.

OCI Applied : 23-NOV-2009
Date Of Acknowledgment : 23-DEC-2009

Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 15-JAN-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-JAN-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 15-JAN-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 19-JAN-2010
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 27-JAN-2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Help need for Photographs OCI-NYC

Can anybody help for OCI photographs? I will apply OCI with NYC Indian consulate.
Costco, CVS, Walgreen, Wal-Mart all give photograph with WHITE background and 2/2. NYC asks for 35X35 and no white background.
As suggested by many I also took my photographs with digital camera then when to www.epassportphoto.com and selected OCI and uploaded the photographs and then saved the photo and on 4-6 sheet it shows 7 photographs and then to test it I printed photographs on home printer from computer . I looked at the size of each photo and they are not 35X35 they are about 38/38. Do you mean when I print from CVS or Walgreen it will be correct size of 35X35?
It the color background must?
Any help will be appreciated.

OCI Applied : 23-NOV-2009
Date Of Acknowledgment : 23-DEC-2009

Application Status
Registration Status : UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI : NOT YET

Could you please help for Photograps? what kind of Photograps did you submit? US passport style 2X2 with white background? or you cut the 2X2 to3.5X3.5 and submitted with white background?

Can anybody help for OCI photographs? I will apply OCI with NYC Indian consulate.
Costco, CVS, Walgreen, Wal-Mart all give photograph with WHITE background and 2/2. NYC asks for 35X35 and no white background.
As suggested by many I also took my photographs with digital camera then when to www.epassportphoto.com and selected OCI and uploaded the photographs and then saved the photo and on 4-6 sheet it shows 7 photographs and then to test it I printed photographs on home printer from computer . I looked at the size of each photo and they are not 35X35 they are about 38/38. Do you mean when I print from CVS or Walgreen it will be correct size of 35X35?

2"x2" passport photos with white background from places like Costco, CVS, etc. are fine (and acceptable) for OCI applications.

Photo Specification

You can check specification from following url.

passport.gov.in/oci/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf

The photograph should be in colour and of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm). The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality. It should have full face, front view, eyes open. Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Center head within frame. The background should be a plain white or off-white.
• There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the
background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial fea tures from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural.

You can check specification from following url.

passport.gov.in/oci/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf

The photograph should be in colour and of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm). The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality. It should have full face, front view, eyes open. Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Center head within frame. The background should be a plain white or off-white.
• There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the
background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial fea tures from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural.
Thanks for the link:
http://passport.gov.in/oci/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf

Title of the document is: REQUIREMENT OF PHOTOGRAPH FOR OCI REGISTRATION but if you read it only mention e-Passport not OCI or for U visa. No mention on the page who has published the guidelines or on what date it was published.

Indian consulate NY website the still write to submit 35mm X 35mm size color photo

http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=174
11. The applicant is required to submit the OCI application (Part A and Part B) in duplicate form. Part B is automatically printed out when Part A is saved and the print command is selected at the pop-up window. For each of the two applications, an original 35mm X 35mm size color photo (light color background, not white background), without border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph is required. At the end of Part B, there is a list of documents that are required at the time of submission of application. The fee for the application is US$ 275 (US$ 145 for PIO Card holders). The payment should be in the form of certified checks or money orders in favor of "Consulate General of India, New York" (no personal checks).
NYC conulate has link for Photographs
http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/ICAO-Photo.pdf

I dont know if I should go by Link:http://passport.gov.in/oci/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf
OR
http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/ICAO-Photo.pdf (posted by NYC)

If I look at Sample OCI forms it still says" Affix your Photo of Size 35X53MM" (it is written in Photo box)
SAMPLE OCI FORMs
http://www.embassyindia.es/IndianEmb...ci/OCIForm.pdf
http://www.hcicolombo.org/PDF/OCIForm-25-01-06.pdf
http://www.immihelp.com/forms/oci-form-xix.pdf

Did you submit 2X2 photographs with white background to NYC for OCI?

Thanks for the help.

Photo Specification at NY

I submitted photo with light blue back ground. I had used adobe to change background colors.

My application was finally "acknowledged" on Dec 3rd. So, expect about 3 weeks from time time the ny embassy receives your application to the time it is posted as "acknowledged".

My app status now says that "Photo/Signature Scanned" on Dec 17th. Looks like its moving along.

Latest Update: Status shows Granted & Documents are printed.

Date of Acknowledgement: Dec 3
Photo/Signature : Scanned (Dec 17)
Registration Status : Granted (25 December)
Document Printing Status : PRINTED
Documents Printed on : Dec 29

Latest Update: Status shows Granted & Documents are printed.

Date of Acknowledgement: Dec 3
Photo/Signature : Scanned (Dec 17)
Registration Status : Granted (25 December)
Document Printing Status : PRINTED
Documents Printed on : Dec 29

Can you please post the information what type of photographs you sent with OCI to NYC? Did you sent Photo 2X2 taken at Costco with white background or 3.5x3.5 with white background or color background. if taken photographs at home and then got printed please let me know the process.
Thanks.

I submitted photo with light blue back ground. I had used adobe to change background colors.

Do you mean you took picture from Costco and then changed bacground? Or got photo taken at Costco and got CD and used adobe to change background colors. Or you took pictures at home with digital camera and saved to desktop and changed the background color and then got your photo printed 2X2? if you explain in detail it will be greate help.
Thanks.

Following is a link at the OCI page at CGINY
ociindia-dot-nic-dot-in -> ociindia -> ICAO-Photo-dot-pdf
(Sorry, cannot post URLs yet)

It says
->photo be taken with a plain light-coloured background

IMHO white is the lightest of all colors

Updating OCI Status. Acknowledgement seen on website. Wonder why it takes this long for the acknowledgement. Houston and SF seem to acknowledge right away and infact turn around the applications in the time it takes for NY to acknowledge the application. Awaiting to see if the babus like my application package.

NewYork CGI Photo Requirements clarification

All,

After number of emails and voice mails, I finally got a response from Dr. Shetty. Here is the email:

-----
Sri,

Earlier it was 35 x35 now it is 51 x 51 .Anyway they will take both.

Dr. Shetty.