OCI - New York Tracker

bmt74

Registered Users (C)
The status on the BLS website still remains the same, but when I called them again yesterday, they asked me to send the U.S passport for matchup. I went ahead and sent it. Hopefully the rest of the processing doesn't take too long!

If BLS does not entertain you in person, what is the solution?

bmt74

Registered Users (C)
I got my OCI card. The whole processing was such a horrible experience. There is lot of room for improvement for BLS, that's all I can say.

sanket_82

Registered Users (C)
Hi Kaushik/anyone who can shed some light!

I applied for OCI along with renunciation in the second week of July. Here is the timeline:

Date Of Acknowledgment 17-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission NEW YORK CGI
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 08-AUG-2013
Document received At NEW YORK CGI On 13-AUG-2013

I have not heard anything from BLS or NY CGI since then. I have tickets booked to India in the first week of December. I have called the BLS office almost every day in the past 2 weeks. But there has not been any progress. They just keep saying I need to wait. I simply can not wait since I have a India trip coming up in about a month.

When I called them today and asked if I can visit them in person to see whats going on, they said no and it wouldn't help. Also, they suggested not to send the U.S passport for match up until I hear from them. I am just stuck and don't know what to do!

Can anyone suggest anything to expedite the process?

Hi,

I am planning to send my renunciation and OCI application together. I have the application and supporting documents ready but would like to clarify few things before I send it out.

1. Do I need to put in 2 prepaid envelopes or just one?
2. What about notorization as I went through the instructions and could not find anything in it. Do we need that?

I tried both the phone numbers on their contact us page but both NY numbers are not working. :mad: