NSC - August 2004 Filers

Hi Extension

tomohawk,
I think you can apply for H1 7th yr extension 6 months prior to the 6th yr expiry. I remember reading some article/news letter from murthy.com. Please confirm with your attorney. But you don't have to worry you have sufficient time. I filed my 140/485 on August second week and then applied for 7th yr extension on August 3rd week (Premium Processing). My 6th yr H1 was about to expire in October of this year.

If you wait for couple of months you might get EAD/AP and you don't need to extended at all, unless you want to stay in H1 status and not use EAD.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B xTension

UKpettai,

May I know why you had to do premium processing?
Normal processing would have been ok right.

Thanks
Billtoo

Next EAD Date for NSC.

What will be the EAD dates on Oct 01,2004 --

I guess -- 7/25/2004

July140 -- U might get this forthnight if NSC goes bit faster.

Check out the chart

According to latest sep 15th status EAD processing date is 7/30/2004. Update AILA web site

I wish the processing date was July 30th 2004 but based on 485 pending application (C9) is July 08th 2004
All other EAD application time is July 30th 2004. So we need to always look for the specific category.

Premium Processing

Billtoo,
I had a plan to go on vacation to India, so my lawyer advised to get the extension so that i will get full one year period in the I-94. Also as my 140/485 filing date is just two months before the 6th yr expiry, its for sure that i am not going to get AP before that, which might have affected my Travel. Guess what finally i postponed my trip till January.

Now I have a confusion if i travel in January, should i get stamping for the 7th yr visa or use AP. I will start another thread during that time to get over this confusion :confused:

Thanks

H1B xTension

UKPettai,
That explains why U had to go premium.

My H1B also expires Oct 8,2004. I have got some 4 months left for complete 6 years. I guess I have to apply for 2 extenisions -- one for compeletion for 6 years and then for the 7th year.

I think regular processing should be ok for me right.

Too much of expense !!!!!

Thanks

Billto,
Regular is ok for you since you are in H1, but get your receipt # before your expiraton date

H1 Extension

Ya Billtoo,

You have time, so you can go through regular processing. Hope you are not travelling during when the H1 application is pending.

I forgot to tell you, this is another reason my lawyer told me. That you cannot travel outside US when your H1 petition is pending. I am not sure whether its a rule or a general practise.

BTW, Billtoo Change "FP-I" to "FP" in your signature. Let us be optimistic and let us wish & hope to get every thing approved :eek: with this first & last Finger Printing :cool: . How does this sound ;) ?

Good Luck

--- Signature Change ---

I changed my signature.. to FP -- I am also hoping that I do not see any RFE's and mutiple FP's. One of the old timer GC guy told that FP means that application is in last stages of consideration. Was this true only in the past?
I read somewhere in the thread that someone got FP notice in just 7 days of filing. NSC went super fast with his case -- I guess!!!!

Billtoo

2 FP Notices for wife

Guys,

We filed our 485 in Aug-04. 140 was filed in Feb-04 and was approved in May-04.

Last week we received FP notices scheduled for Sep end. One for myself, the primary applicant but two for my wife. Has anyone come across such a situation? Would appreciate any input for the forum here.

Regards.

duplicate

I think that should not matter. Make sure to take both the notices for fingure printing. Acutally they scan the bar code that is on the Notices. Just make sure, that the service center check both the bar codes and they should be identical.

Billtoo

Strange Case Happened to My friend

One of my friend applied concurrently 140,485,EAD and AP in July at NSC.
His 140 was not approved but they approved his 485 without FP.
LUD got changed for 485 and EAD. On EAD it says -- cannot be given since 485 is approved.
Looks like freak case -- but NSC doing 485 so soon :confused: :confused:

Hi guys,
Need your advice and help.
My attorney said that they sent my paper to TCS on 24th of August and has not received Receipt Notices back from Center. I'm a bitt worried about it. Its about 5 weeks alreday over and 6th weeks is started.
Is there any way I might know about Receipt Notices?
How long usually it takes to get Receipt?
Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Thank you

Hi guys,
My attorney said that they sent my paper to TCS on 24th of August and has not received Receipt Notices back from Center. I'm a bitt worried about it. Its about 5 weeks alreday over and 6th weeks is started.

Thank you

Hey Man,
Ask your attorney to give you the courier or postal tracking #. Sometimes these stupid people will say we sent your papers on Aug24th but they may have your papers still in their desk. Dont trust them unless u have proof. I have a syory behind this, so dont trust them again.
I have story behind this, thatswhy Iam telling you this.

July140, Did you get FP ?

july140 said:
Hi guys,

Thank you

Hey Man,
Ask your attorney to give you the courier or postal tracking #. Sometimes these stupid people will say we sent your papers on Aug24th but they may have your papers still in their desk. Dont trust them unless u have proof. I have a syory behind this, so dont trust them again.
I have story behind this, thatswhy Iam telling you this.

-- U must track the package--

yes july140 is right. One attoney put my friend in trouble. He did not send his wife papers for H4 extension. It was lying on his desk for about 3 months and the lawyer always said that INS has not got back with the LIN's.

July140, Did you get FP ?

Not Yet. NSC is going to approve my 485 without FP ;)