New York City Transfers

plastic card recieved after interview

hi guy i file my I-130 on the 29/03 recieve approval on 9/04 file 485/765/131 on the 10/04 recieve Fp notice and interview letter on the 11/04 when for FP on the 18 of november and my interview date was for the 16 of march the interiew was very sucesssful but i did not get my passport stamp on the 20 of march i check the uscis websites and it say this case has been approved and we mail a new card on saturday the 26 of march i recieved my new card in the mail. that was very good.

I'm still waiting for your email Newyorker012

Hi Newyorker012
i posted my issues 2 weeks ago and you asked me to give you my email address to give me the second choice, so i didn't recieve any email from you, here's my email again: mbermak@yahoo.com
Mus

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Guys

Glad to see you guys back, Ok now the news

I went to my lawyer who got me along with him to a meeting with this immigration officer who is his freind, works at NYC local office, and he told us that the case 245I specially and employment based goes by the the transfer date and they are currently processing cases which were transferred in the month of june 04, So I asked that I have a friend whose case was transferred in april 04 so how come the delay, so this guy told me that it gets delayed becuase of background checks and incomplete information, gets lagged for while and those whose background checks completes earlier gets it through.

So folks, as I understand, we may be around the corner, he said that there were major cases that got transferred in the month of june so it's taking longer for june to finish, but he is getting some cases for the month of july and august for interviews also..

So hey what do you guys think????

Newyorker012

Interview May 17 - HELP

I got married after I filed for I-485. My husband applied after that through me and received his EAD. After the wedding I changed my name everywhere, but my lawyer told me not to tell the change to immigration, because it might cause delays, or ir even can get lost. So now I am going to the interview with a totally different name.
Can't believe how can explain this.

I also don't have my I-94, I just throw it to the garbage couple of years ago when it has expired.
Is it going to cause me any trouble?

Guys, I can't sleep, I am so nervous.
Please help if you have any idea or experience.

I-140 ND Apr 2001
AD Nov 2002

I-485 ND Dec 2002

First FP March 2003
2. FP May 2003
3. FP September 2004

TD November 2004
ID May 17 2005

if you donot get an answer from forum frinds, you might just want to see a lawyer. As I see it, if your I94 is expired, it is of no value, it is just my instinctive thought. I donot know on what status are you now.Visitor/H1/EAD? which status are you on? if you are on EAD, I donot think I94 bears any signifucance. Again its just my instinct.

interview today at Federal Plaza

finally! I did it!
Today I had interview at New York office and had my passport stamped!!
I've been so desperately waiting for this moment and finally it came to me!
I thank God and everybody in this forum.
I arrived at Federal building by 8:30 and had interview arround 9:30 and I was done already by 10:00!
Thank God the interview went so smooth on me. The officer was a very nice African American lady. She asked me my address and phone number and bunch of yes/no questions; criminal record, any violation of the law etc. just requiring the answer of no. and then asked my marriage document, imployment letter, and updated medicals. That was it!! It was only about 10 minutes. She also liked my 5 year old son who was born here.
I came out the room and waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes, and then she return to me with my wife's and my stampted passports.

Looks like LoveofGod TD is 06/04. New Yorker should be next in line as his TD as I gathered is 07/04.

Good Luck!!

Hey Love Of God

Congratulations, I feel your happiness, Congratulations to you and the whole family. please pray for us whenever you get a chance for all the people stuck in this mess.

hey by the way my TD is 07/19/04, I don't know how close this could be to you but letz hope it is close.

Ciao
Newyorker012

What a relief....

All -

I also had interview today at Federal Plaza and we got our passports stamped.

Here are details.

-- Arrived at Federal Plaza at 10.00AM
-- Didn't take lawyer with me.
-- Called for interview at 12.00
-- Typical Yes/No interview...less than 10 min.
-- STARNGELY LADY ASKED FOR I140 APPROVAL NOTICE
and fortunately I had it.
-- Asked to wait in the waiting hall.
-- Didn't hear from lady until 4.45PM.
-- Finally we were the only one left in the hall and ..
..there came lady with our passports at almost 5.00PM

Mine is AC21 case...and guess what next week I am changing job again.

Had very hectic day but worth the pains.

Thank you all and special thanks Rajiv and his team....He happens to be my lawyer too and HE IS JUST AMAZING.

Congratulations Love Of God....We might have crossed each other today at Federal plaza.

All the best to all who are waiting.

PhillyJune01

Great news !!! Let me be the first one to congratulate you. All the best on your new job. Hope to see many more approvals on this forum !!!

Yeppo

congratulation

Hey
congratulation for you 2 guys who had interviewed, I hope Newyorker012 will be next and get aproved and stamped too ;-)
seems i'm long away from the processing date since my TD is in 12/04.
just a queick questions:
i'm hearing you guys talking about renewing medical exam? should we have another test before Interview date? and when that test will be exprired after one or 2 years?
also what check names? is the finget print that we did parallel with I485? and that also will be expried and need to renew?
Thank you all
and good luck for all of us
Mustapha

I also have a question about medical exams. There is INS memo somewhere which is issued every year that extends validity of medical exams for another year. Does it mean I don't have to re-do them?

Hi everyone

How all the folks doing, Any changes while I wasn't here, I had to go out-of-state for my company's work, but anyways whatz happening here.

Any new movements as yet???

Newyorker012

One of my friend got her EB-3 case approved by NYC INS center. Her case was moved to NY city back in Aug 2004 and it was under 245i category.

Her initial I-485 RD from VSC was Feb 2003.

Team,

Any good news. No news from my end. Any guess on when we will get the magic letter. No news on EAD, AP XFER

Pls post.

Regards,

TD: 05/04
EAD, AP TD : 03/05.

Hi All

hey andy I think it's a good plan to start a tracker, I had intially thought about it but got a little lazy on that. Please let me know if you need any help with that.

newyorker012

3rd EAD:
ND: 2/18/2005 (submitted to Chicago)
AD: Apr. 1/2005.
Message said they mailed out a new card to me on Apr. 6.

I went to the Federal Plaza this Mon with info pass to ask the status of case.
My case was
RD: Oct 22, 2002
TD: July 27, 2004

I asked staff when I can expect to receive interview letter.
She said "go home and wait", mentioning my case was received 12/14/04. I was shocked to hear that they received my case 12/14/04.
I told the lady my case was transferred to NYC on 7/27/04. I told her I had a receipt for that. She did not want to talk to me any further and showed a print-out from her compauter. The printout shows "last day action taken: 12/14/04" I asked her what it meant. She refused to talk to me any more.

I could not get any further information, but had to come home.
I wanted to get the status of case (hopely some positive sign), but came back with possible further delay because I heard that my case was received on 12/14/04. I was very frustrated. Called my lawyer and asked him about this, but the lawyer could not give me much answer.
If anyone has any comment, please let me know.
thanks,