New York City Transfers

OK Thanks. What was the reason for the 2nd interview? is that a common practice these days? I see a lot of people being called for a second interview even though they are told to wait decisions in the mail. Any ideas?

Hi

The reason for the second interview is to re confirm their job status and also to check if there is any controversy with the earlier interview.

so be prepared before the interview and do not forget proof of marriage and take your marriage pictures with you as well and also remember you dates for important occasions.

Good Luck

Newyorker012

Guys: After yesterday's bulletin, I'm sure lot of you (esp the ones whose interview has been completed) shall see some positive movement. Are you guys planning to visit the local office or wait for a little bit?

CODE 1 Fingerprinting

Hello Guys,

I filed 485 in July 2003 and case was transfered to New York in 2005. Jan 2006, I had done biometrics and Interview was conducted. At that time they told me that my application is pending security check completion. Today I got a notice for CODE 1 finger prints. Does this mean my security check is complete or its a regular process as it 17 months since my last biometric?

Any inputs would be very helpful

GC2005nyc

Mine was sat in Vermont for almost 2 years before it was sent to NYC (fedreal Plaza). They transferred my case on Mid June of 2006, I got scheduled for interviewed in Last week of August, 2006.

When you received the notice they tell you what to bring. In my case I brought all my tax return worth, they do required at least 3 years. Not IRS copy, the copy you filed. My Attny. suggested that the more you can show them that you are the Tax paying productive memeber of the society, it will look good in the interview. Last 2 or 3 pay stubs, Letter from your employer stating your job description and your salary. (since I do not change employer so I am not sure if you do. If u do you might have to show your AC21). A clean copy of your passport. they like to look at the original but, please make sure you make extra copies of all your documents just in case you have to leave them.

My interview went very quick, lasted about 15 mins. about half of the time we (My Attny. & I) are wainting for him to go through the file. He ask me about name, current address (just for verification), my job, what I do, who is my employers. How did I find the job. thats about it. then he goes to the I485 form's questions. those silly questions, you have take seriously like Are you here to overthrown US Govt. or Are you here to practice polygamy. etc...

I didn't get the stamp right away, because my FP was expired so I have to redo the FP. He put down pending. Its has been over 7 months so my Attny. is sending a letter to the Officer and I am making an appt. at Infopass to see whats going on.

I hope this shed some light on your situations.

Hi there! Any news on your case? Were you able to find out why the long delay after the interview??

Hi Guys

How is it going in here, Any progress with anyone - with the PD being so far ahead. Someone should have some movement... Please post

Newyorker012