New York City Transfers

I really hope so ash, I don't know but i got really nervous and may have looked nervous as well. Maybe I am over reacting but i hope she might have gotton a vibe that i was lying about anything. I really really hope that this is the end of the tunnel.

Newyorker012
Maybe the Korean officer is thinking about marriage fraude. Too many questions. But, no problems with Security checks. I guess u r approved! :)

Newyorker012, Hope everythign works out in your favor. When did you get married? Did you apply for your wife recently? Was the interview call for only you or you & yur wife?

Please someone advice...

I gave my FP & medical last week & my 2nd interview is scheduled next week. I recently got married in January 2007 and filed for my wife's EAD & 485 in February 2007. She has her biometrics on 20th March 2007. My wife is in US for past 7 years on H1B visa. Her employer has also filed for her GC, its at I-140 stage.

Should I take her along with me in the interview?
What all documents we need to carry with us?

schedule of interview

my spouse and i just got notice for interview at NYC office. on the scheduled date, i have commitment two hours after the appointment time. can i come in one day early and tell them about my commitment in the following day? do you think they will allow me in and do the regular interview?

also, i am emplyment based green card applicant. what kind of documents are usually included in the USCIS package with the interview notice? they sent me an I-864 but it says the form is for those citizen-related green card applications. is it possible that USCIS sent the form wrong? what should I do?

many thanks! good luck to everyone.

I have also receieved i-864 form with my interview notice. Mine is EB3 - India employment based with PD April 30 2001.

I thought since I applied for my wife's EAD & 485 last month, I got i-864. When did you file for your wife?

thank you. okay, so it is probably standard. we filed EB2 I-485 together almost 2 years ago. wow you are fast--you applied last month and already got interview notice?

what else was in your interview notice? we had an interview notice, a fingerprint notice, the 864 form and a medical form.

I have also receieved i-864 form with my interview notice. Mine is EB3 - India employment based with PD April 30 2001.

I thought since I applied for my wife's EAD & 485 last month, I got i-864. When did you file for your wife?

The interview is just for me atleast thats what we are thinking, did you get 2 separate interview notice for u & yur wife OR just one with both your names on it? Is this yur 1 interview or 2nd and when & where is it?

we have also received interview notice, a fingerprint notice, the 864 form and a medical form for myself. Receipt date for my wife's EAD & 485 is 20 th Feb 2007, & my wife's biomatrics is on 20th March 2007.

Do you think this coming up interview is for both of us me & my wife?

we got two seperate packages

we got two seperate packages for me and my wife. and each includes the items i listed. i think unless your interview notice lists both names, it is most likely for you only--but that's just what i think.

this is my first interview, and it is two weeks away.

so your wife is taking fingerprint but not the interview? my wife and i got both the interview notice and fingerprint notice( btw, its our second fingerprint, even though our first interview.)

The interview is just for me atleast thats what we are thinking, did you get 2 separate interview notice for u & yur wife OR just one with both your names on it? Is this yur 1 interview or 2nd and when & where is it?

we have also received interview notice, a fingerprint notice, the 864 form and a medical form for myself. Receipt date for my wife's EAD & 485 is 20 th Feb 2007, & my wife's biomatrics is on 20th March 2007.

Do you think this coming up interview is for both of us me & my wife?

Can anyone shed some light on the after the interview process, I had my interview over 7 months ago at the Federal Plaza, The interviewer was very nice and my Attny even ask him how was my case look, he said there is no reason that shouldn't be approved. Give me a same day appt. to take the FP, which I did. Now 7 months later I have no idea what to do. My PD is current EB3with April 01.

Anyone has the similar experience? Please share.

gruvinaus, My interview was done almost 2 yrs back, I would suggest you to take an infopass & find out about your case. Although info pass is not much of informative but still...

Newyorker012, Any update on your case staus? any LUD after the interview?
What all forms they mailed you to carry with you for the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pari104 & All

No updates on the case yet, waiting for something to show up within this month cause the PD's starting next month will be coming back to unavailable.
I don't know what should I be expecting but I am just keeping my fingers crossed and pray that I get some good news in years.

Newyorker012

Newyorker012, Did they mail you any forms to carry with you for the interview?

"cause the PD's starting next month will be coming back to unavailable"
What do you mean by this?

I hope & pray for all to get their GC soon.

Hi

PD becoiming unavailable means no visa numbers available for all categories, so no processing of I485 if it is not available and falling into an unknowing wait time. I hope it does not happen.

Newyorker012

Hi Everyone,
My Journey in wait of GC got over today,Me my Wife and My Daughter recieved our GC today.I Want to thank everyone here for their Well wishes for me and my family ,From my heart I wishe all of you get your GC soon too.

ASH3

APPROVAL !! It is.

My 2nd interview y'day went preety smoth, no questions asked. Officer was really nice he checked my wife's case status. He stamped my passport which is valid for 1 yr & said will recieve the card in 2-3 weeks in mail.

I wish for everyone to get their GC soon.

congrats..

My 2nd interview y'day went preety smoth, no questions asked. Officer was really nice he checked my wife's case status. He stamped my passport which is valid for 1 yr & said will recieve the card in 2-3 weeks in mail.

conrats...

about medical form

congrats!! i have some questions about medical form? did you get a medical exam form with the interview notice? had you submit a medical form before that? if yes, did you do the medical exam again and bring the form to the interview?

we submitted our medical form when we first applied for 485, but this time a form came along with the interview. the checklist in the package did say that, if you have not submitted a medical form before, you need to do the exam and bring the form. but it didn't say if i have submitted, then i don't need to do that.

the medical exams are quite expensive here for the two of us, easily gets more than $400. :-(

thanks and congrats again.

LUD Today

After more than a year since my last LUD, I got an email today that my case is pending at VSC.

I hope it's now only a matter of days...