New York City Transfers

hardworkgc

Registered Users (C)
It is extremely surprising to me that there appears to be that NO ONE IS TRANSFERRED TO new york city.
I have been waiting to see any updates of people transferred to NYC, but in vain. Please friends , please express your experinces on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
PULSE

Happy to know that. Question : Is it normal to schedule interveiw date, like in your case - after nearly 6 months?. At this rate I don't konw when can I expect my interview ( My case transferred to NYC on May 14, 2003)

NYC Transfers

My case was transfered on September 11, 2002, and I am still waiting the invitation !!!! It is a very, very, dark hole.:D

Looks like transfer date (TD) is not important but they (NYC center) schedule interview within 20-24 months of the receipt date (RD). Not sure 100% though.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

NYC

They are sending invitations in the order of your RD not transfer date. So if your file was transfered this month and your RD date is June 2001 you would receive the invitation in the same month (hypothetically).

A call from INS about the employee position!!!!!

Hello everybody!

My friend had an interview yesterday in Garden City and during the interview the ofiicer called the company where she is working to verify whether she is doing exactly what says in the documents. Unfortunately the employee who was supposed to unswer the question said absolutely different inforamation, so the case was not approved, but it was not denied eather but there gonna be an investigation about her case. We don't know in which form the investigation could be, but probably they will send somebody to the company to check the information.
I want to ask if anybody got the calls about their position in the company where they work. Please share your experience.
Thank you and good luck to everybody!

My case was transfered to NYC on March 26 2003, waiting for app notice. The status online still doesn't reflect this transfer. I learned it by inquiry BCIS through 1-800 number in June. Three weeks later VSC sent me a note that my case was transfered to local.
Details
I-140 NIW
RD 11/05/2003
ND 12/06/2003
TD 03/26/2003

I feel so unlucky and sad.

guys, please update your status

Hi, every unfortunate transferred:

Please share your informtion. Have you guys got the appoinment letter yet?

Thanks a bunch!

Waiting Forever....

It may be too late now and I am sure most of the people who posted their comments here between may and july should get their approvals by now.
We are still waiting.Our case was transferred 10 months ago
(January 6,2003)to a New York City at 26 Federal Plaza.We are suppose to go for EAD reneval next month.We don't feel like paying our lawyer again to do that.Our RD is 02/15/02 and we don't know what to do!Can you please post your comments...?
Thank you.

What is the best thing to do:Go there in person for the EAD reneval or print out the forms and mail these to them?We always have our lawyer doing that for us....

Do the renewal online or have your lawyer do it for you, better be safe than sorry. I already had my interview 9 months after my case was transferred from NYC to Garden City. I was never notified about the transfer until i received the appointment letter in the mail.

Originally posted by J4life95
Do the renewal online or have your lawyer do it for you, better be safe than sorry. I already had my interview 9 months after my case was transferred from NYC to Garden City. I was never notified about the transfer until i received the appointment letter in the mail.
Did they change the online message when they scheduled your interview?My message is still the same.Saying about the transfer and that scheduling can take several months.

Once it is transferred to NYC the online message doesn't change anymore. That online message is only for SERVICE CENTERS. My lawyer told me that normally most cases get transferred to garden city these days.

Once it is transferred to NYC the online message doesn't change anymore. That online message is only for SERVICE CENTERS. My lawyer told me that normally most cases get transferred to garden city these days.
As they say on my transfer notice my case was transferred to a 26 Federal Plaza in NY/NY.What happend if I send my renewal application to this address and my files are in Garden City office? Do you know?As I said before I don't want to waste money asking my lawyer to do that,I want do it myself.We are 4 people and he charges $350 each.Immigration fee is only $120 each.Thanks.

Garden City office does not take EAD renewals they only do interviews as far as I know. I think the fastest way to renew is online. I did my last week and already got an appointment for DEC 17 to go and take fingerprints and pictures at an application support center. Doing it online is easy, they ask you a couple questions and depending on your answer they decide where to send your application. It's only $120 per person and you automatically get a receipt # when the application is complete. The last time I did my renewal through the mail it went to federal plaza and, they scheduled by appointment way after my EAD expired. It's really up to what you feel comfortable with.

Thanks for your help!!!

Garden City office does not take EAD renewals they only do interviews as far as I know. I think the fastest way to renew is online. I did my last week and already got an appointment for DEC 17 to go and take fingerprints and pictures at an application support center. Doing it online is easy, they ask you a couple questions and depending on your answer they decide where to send your application. It's only $120 per person and you automatically get a receipt # when the application is complete. The last time I did my renewal through the mail it went to federal plaza and, they scheduled by appointment way after my EAD expired. It's really up to what you feel comfortable with.
Thanks for your help,J4life95.Just one more question,when you do it online how do you make the payment?Do they accept credit cards or you have to send them a check?Also about the pictures,copy of expired EAD,and any other documents they ask us to provided to renewal the EAD,do I still have to mail these copies?Sorry,I am a little confuising...

When I did the application online the only option for payment was using a personal checking account or savings account. You had to enter the account #, and routing #. I was not required to mail in or send a copy or my EAD, because that question did not have an asterisk next to it (*). But they listed an address to send in the documents if required. Just make sure that when you press the submit button that you print out several copies of the confirmation #, and there is another button to print out the application using Adobe Acrobat. Good Luck