New York City Transfers

Hi Everyone,
My Journey in wait of GC got over today,Me my Wife and My Daughter recieved our GC today.I Want to thank everyone here for their Well wishes for me and my family ,From my heart I wishe all of you get your GC soon too.

ASH3
Pari, Ash, please post RD of your I485. Thanks.

Hi Pari / Ash & All

Just wanted to let you know that myself & spouse have received our GC's in mail today two days after the welcome to notice. The long awaiting journey has come to an end. Althought the photos are side facing again whereas I thought they started the front facing earlier.

Thank You all for your support during the difficult times, this is a great forum to make friends. I will be coming here regularly as before so if anyone has any questions I can help with please feel free to write.

Thank You All

Newyorker012

NEW YORKER,

My hearty congratulations. enjoy your freedom. You must feel very relieved now. No worries. Isn't it. It is just like fought a good fight. Now work to get your citizenship. I mean not to get into trouble and be a good resident.

Enjoy
Rgds
kmol

Hi All

How is it going in here, Well since my GC came in there are certain things tht happened which I like advise on, Well obviosuly I now wanted to go in business of my own and my employer didn't take it so well .

Is ther anything he can do against my GC, Although he is not my original sponsor I have the right to change the company whenever I want and that is what the plan always was. What do you guys think

Newyorker012

Approved

Hi All,

As every morning, first thing I do is log onto my account, to check for any LUDs. I saw 4/5/07, clicked on the case #, and no change: still pending at the service center.

At lunch, I went to check my Yahoo! mail, and there I saw it: 3 emails from CRIS. Could this be it?

YES!!!

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this
I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you
receive the notice, call customer service.

So my journey ends here, and now all I need is to wait for the physical card to come in.

Thanks for all participants in this forum. Details are in signature.

Congrats to all long timers on this board.

Does anyone have any idea what is the wait time for an interview after transfer?

Any information will be appreciated.

Hi GC2005nyc

The wait times can vary from 6 months to 2 years depending on where your case is, NY Federal plaza usually takes a year to call for an interview whereas garden city is quicker.

Newyorker012

Thanks NewYorker. My case is in NY office Federal Plaza. It sat there for a year before it was sent back to Vermont, then it was returned again to NY 7 months ago. I did several INfopass, congressman's office, senator's office, aila request, etc and still nothing in terms of interviews. any suggestion what else i can do to get an interview? my pd has been current for 7 months, application is employment based.

another question i have for you - did you have to bring tax returns with you to the interview? can you give me some details - 1 year or 3 year? did you get copies from IRS or you printed copies from the returns you filed? i just want to start prepraring stuff that i may need. what other documents i would need.

i recognize these are worries in the past for you but would appreciate if you could give a hand to a fellow victim.

GC2005nyc

Mine was sat in Vermont for almost 2 years before it was sent to NYC (fedreal Plaza). They transferred my case on Mid June of 2006, I got scheduled for interviewed in Last week of August, 2006.

When you received the notice they tell you what to bring. In my case I brought all my tax return worth, they do required at least 3 years. Not IRS copy, the copy you filed. My Attny. suggested that the more you can show them that you are the Tax paying productive memeber of the society, it will look good in the interview. Last 2 or 3 pay stubs, Letter from your employer stating your job description and your salary. (since I do not change employer so I am not sure if you do. If u do you might have to show your AC21). A clean copy of your passport. they like to look at the original but, please make sure you make extra copies of all your documents just in case you have to leave them.

My interview went very quick, lasted about 15 mins. about half of the time we (My Attny. & I) are wainting for him to go through the file. He ask me about name, current address (just for verification), my job, what I do, who is my employers. How did I find the job. thats about it. then he goes to the I485 form's questions. those silly questions, you have take seriously like Are you here to overthrown US Govt. or Are you here to practice polygamy. etc...

I didn't get the stamp right away, because my FP was expired so I have to redo the FP. He put down pending. Its has been over 7 months so my Attny. is sending a letter to the Officer and I am making an appt. at Infopass to see whats going on.

I hope this shed some light on your situations.

Hi GC2005nyc

My case was transferred in july 2005, and then got an interview in federal plaza in march of 2006 and again once more in march of 2007 in garden city as well.

so there is no set pattern of how things move in individual cases.

Newyorker012

Newyorker congratulation man. You were really in for a very long haul and with all the patience you really really deserve an honarary citizenship. I left after waiting for about 4.5 yrs.

Hey Johar ali

Good to hear from you, When you say left? Left for where?. Well I did wait for a long long time and now after all this cr** when I quit my job to pursue my own business my employer is after my a** threatening to give me problems since I was a top notch employee, but hey I want a life of my own as well. I went ahead and started my business anyways, although it is not easy but hey I always knew it won't be that easy. But atleast I am pursuing what I always wanted to do. Let him do do what he wants, I don't think he can do anything to GC. But hey. God is great and I am sure he got me covered.

Newyorker012

guys - i received a form requesting medical alhtough i filed this with the 485 application. should i redo the medical? do you know whether it is possible to obtain from examinining doctor - that was 4 years ago?

thanks.

Hi All

How come there are no movements in this thread. I hope this is just becuase everyone got their GC's and in that case I am happy for all. But I am sure there would be people who would require some questions answered so they are welcome to post here and gain knowledge.

Newyorker012

Hey NewYorker - how long after your interview you received an approval Notice? did the notive come from VSC or New York?

Regards