New York City Transfers

hey newyorker, it is I guess too late for me to ask about the recipie for stamping isn't. Well, I ams till waiting after teh interview for the so called "name check". Did not renew my EAD expiring in May 05. I am tired of waiting and renewing this EAD AP since 2001

NYC_Mustapha said:
Hi Newyorker012
Thanks for your reply, Its not easy to find a job right now, my only hope is getting interview before the end of the year, my boss strongly can help me and come with me to the interview but as he said there is no more business left, I work in the front of 26 Federal Plaza, I see INS all the time, I went 3 times already this year by InfoPass to speak to officers, I don’t know if this worth to speed up the process or not!!! The last week the officer told me that INS NYC are processing the transfer cases before December 10th, 2004, and my transfer is in December 15th, 2004. if that true why everybody still waiting, every time I meet officer they told me you will get letter for interview this days!!! I don’t know what else I can do! I’m thinking to see congress man I heard he can help!
Another question Newyorker012, if I go to interview without a passport, how they can stamp my passport if they took it from me? I asked consulate of my country to get new passport they told me bring us the old one first 
It’s too complicate only God can help us.
Hey buddy my sincere sypathies, My 485 application date si March 06, 2001. I am one of the special registrant as well. However, I have passport in my possession even after the interview and am looking forward to take a turn.= and that is why I was absent from this forum and else. Will update once taken..
Good luck to all

Team,

Any updates on interview letters.

Tasneem, TDwait, Newyorker012....

Pls keep this thread alive.

No updates for self. EAD, AP, no news from NYC local.

Regards,

Hi goankar, no updates from my side either.
We haven't seen any new interview letters, looks like they have stopped processing EB cases in NYC.

Tasneem, Newyorker any news from your side? Newyorker what happened to your EAD renewal?

Hi TDwait

Howz everything going
I haven't files for EAD renewal yet. Going to file on monday, kinda got delayed for some personal reasons, but on the interview side nothing yet. I was just wondering how long it take on the maximum side to get an interview.
Does anyone have anything to say about this

Newyorker012

Hey folks

Wake up everyone, Everyone alive or wot?

Hey by the way, I went to my lawyer and got and insider's info and was very interesting, but will only post if everyone is back on board with this post...

Ciao

Newyorker012

Hi everybody,

I am relatively new to this forum, but I was reading your threds every single day the last couple of months searching for hope. Finally last week I received my interview letter I am kind of confused. They sent me the medical forms, but I already submitted them when I filed for 485. Is it possible that it expires and they ask for it again?

Also the paper says to schedule appointment (if not already done) for fingerprint and biometrics. I already had fingerprint three times, but no biometrics. Do I still need to go, I heard from someone that fingerprint expires in 90 days.

The other thing is my husband and my lawyer still didn't get the letter.
I am so confused, can anyone help me with this issues?

I-140 ND Apr 2001
AD Nov 2002

I-485 ND Dec 2002

First FP March 2003
2. FP May 2003
3. FP September 2004

TD November 2004
ID May 17 2005

Other problems:
I got married after I filed for I-485. My husband applied after that through me and received his EAD. After the wedding I changed my name everywhere, but my lawyer told me not to tell the change to immigration, because it might cause delays, or ir even can get lost. So now I am goinf to the inreview with a totally different name.
Can't believe hove can explain this.

I also don't have my I-94, I just throw it to the garbage couple of years ago when it expired.
Is it going to cause me any trouble?

Guys, I can't sleep, I am so nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patu,

on what status are you? if you are on H1, your H1 approval will have the I-95 at the bottom.

NewYorker, cant wait to hear the news..

Hey Guys

Glad to see you guys back, Ok now the news

I went to my lawyer who got me along with him to a meeting with this immigration officer who is his freind, works at NYC local office, and he told us that the case 245I specially and employment based goes by the the transfer date and they are currently processing cases which were transferred in the month of june 04, So I asked that I have a friend whose case was transferred in april 04 so how come the delay, so this guy told me that it gets delayed becuase of background checks and incomplete information, gets lagged for while and those whose background checks completes earlier gets it through.

So folks, as I understand, we may be around the corner, he said that there were major cases that got transferred in the month of june so it's taking longer for june to finish, but he is getting some cases for the month of july and august for interviews also..

So hey what do you guys think????

Newyorker012

newyoker,

Definitely helps boost the morale. At least we know how it goes and keep reasonable expectations. So we can wait for a known X period of time without getting frustated.

mygc1012 said:
Patu,

on what status are you? if you are on H1, your H1 approval will have the I-95 at the bottom.

NewYorker, cant wait to hear the news..

mygc1012,

I never had H1, stayed over with tourist visa then applied through employment.

mygc1012

Its good to know i am not alone,have you got any finger print notice? :eek:

Priority date : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
fingerprint ????
485 ?????

Team,

any idea on how long to get ead/ap approved from Local office once it gets transferred.

pls let me know.

Regards,