New York City Transfers

Hey Cold

How are ya, well as far as the interview letter is concerened there is no movement, and I think I can speak for tasneem too.
whatz up with you. How are things with you

Newyorker012

sinyoke said:
Johar Ali,

Thanks for the information you provided.Is there anyway we can find the link
to the law that you mentioned.
Check the immigration official site with .gov. I do not have a link sorry.
Good luck

Hi Guys, see following posting from www.immigration-law.com. and attached USCIS Memo regarding transfers to local offices...

03/13/2005: EB-485 Transfers to Local District Offices and USCIS HQ Guidances

The Service Centers transferred for a while a number of EB-485 cases to the local district offices for interview with mixed results. In local districts that processed such trasferred EB-485 cases in a separate queue, it was indeed a blessing in that the interviews were scheduled in a short period of time and the EB-485 applications were granted after the interview. These applicants were thus able to bypass the long line in the Service Centers' 485 processing backlogs. However, most of the local district offices placed such EB-485 cases in the same queue as the FB-485 cases which experienced a terrible backlog and these transferred EB-485 cases have suffered double delays, once at the Service Center and the second at the local district offices after the cases had been transferred to the local offices. Besides, such transfers put the involved applicants in a state of nervousness without knowing the reasons for the transfers.
Realizing the problems of the current practices of the Service Centers of increasingly transferring EB-485 cases to the district offices, the USCIS issued a memorandum to restrict such transfers unless the cases meet the guidelines in the memorandum. Read this memorandum on the EB-485 Transfer Guidelines.

tdwait said:
However, most of the local district offices placed such EB-485 cases in the same queue as the FB-485 cases which experienced a terrible backlog and these transferred EB-485 cases have suffered double delays, once at the Service Center and the second at the local district offices after the cases had been transferred to the local offices.

Man, it took some genius at INS to realize this. Did anybody try to barge into Federal plaza brandishing this memo? According to it you can get the interview waived if you did not change the employer and you I-140 has been approved. I may try it towards the end of March, let you know what happend.

Change of employment

Johar Ali and Others

After the interview if the passort is not stamped for whatever reason.

1) Can you change employer?

2) Do you have to inform INS?

3) Will this still be called AC21?

4) If not informed what are the consequences?

5) Is paystub needed for EAD/AP renewal?

Appreciate your answers!

PhillyJune1

Hey Newyorker,

Things are fine with me. How are you guys? I am waiting to see you guys get thro. But I don't know.

Wish you good luck in the spring

the worst case ever

Hi All
I was reading your issues for a week, and most of you guys have a miserable situation and you waiting for a long time, but if you want to feel better and heard the worst case ever read my story bellow:
I won in Lottery in 1999 (DV2000) I was student that time in Feb 2000 I had interview and they accept my case in 2 minute because I was legal that time but the officer said I have to wait to get the result of Finger Print, nothing come up and as you know if I don’t get approved before DV2001 which start in first October 2000, all pending cases will be denied and I was one of them, that was my first case.
Later I being illegal, few months later there is a new category 245 I, I found a job and the company sponsor me. I started my sponsor case in February, 2001, after 9/11 2001, and since I’m Algerian they call us for special registration if you heard about it, and the INS took my passport till my case will be either approved and they will return my passport or denied to send me back to my country, I didn’t see my passport since that time, and every 5 6 months I appear in the court and I say the same thing “I’m still waiting for my pending case”. Now,
I got labor certificate approved in summer 2003.
I 140 RD: 09/21/03. AP: 09/27/04
I 485 RD: 12/02/03, Transfer date from Vermont to NYC: 12/15/04.
And I ‘m like crazy waiting for interview date I didn’t sleep for days I mean for months.
guys the deadline for my last project will be 6 months from now, then i will lose my job. because my company going out of bussiness.
Mustapha

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Mustapha

Welcome, Lusten you don;t have to worry 485 even if you lose the job, Get the next one since you have enough time for your interview. And hey you got transferred in NYC in 12/04 well there are many buddies of mine got transferred in the beginning of 04 but still hanging by the rope, so I guess this should give you enough time to look for a next job.

I hope every one gets through soon, The interview seems like they are on a stand still.. But who know whatz going to be next . keep the hopes high

Newyorker012

Thanks Newyorker012

Hi Newyorker012
Thanks for your reply, Its not easy to find a job right now, my only hope is getting interview before the end of the year, my boss strongly can help me and come with me to the interview but as he said there is no more business left, I work in the front of 26 Federal Plaza, I see INS all the time, I went 3 times already this year by InfoPass to speak to officers, I don’t know if this worth to speed up the process or not!!! The last week the officer told me that INS NYC are processing the transfer cases before December 10th, 2004, and my transfer is in December 15th, 2004. if that true why everybody still waiting, every time I meet officer they told me you will get letter for interview this days!!! I don’t know what else I can do! I’m thinking to see congress man I heard he can help!
Another question Newyorker012, if I go to interview without a passport, how they can stamp my passport if they took it from me? I asked consulate of my country to get new passport they told me bring us the old one first 
It’s too complicate only God can help us.

Hey Mustapha

Listen, You can get your passport stamped two ways, either ask for the passport back from them and if at all they agree to give it back to you they might have lost it by now, and the other way is the easy one, write down your email address and I will email you.

Hopefully you will be ok "IF" you get the interview but they haven't processed the interview who were transferred in Jan04 so forget Dec 04. but anyways someday it will be there...

Newyorker012

Hey People

How is everyone doing, I believe no one's got an interview that's y the post's are not there, but anyways there will be a day when things will move... Keep the fire burning folks...

Newyorker012

Hey Guys,

Have anybody got fingerprint notice it been 4 months after the transfer to NYC.
Who issues the fingerprint VSC OR NYC. :confused:

Priority date : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
fingerprint ????
485 ?????

Need Opinions: Oct 2002 RD Case Vermont -> NYC Transfer

VCS automailing notified me on March 1 that my case (a hot potato) has been transfered to nyc for interview... Does this mean a wait-time of a month or two (based on my RD of oct 2002) or a baking period with INS "precision" (i.e. 2 to 900 months)?

My RD is Oct 2002; It is an EB2 case; i140 approved in 2003. I had fp done twice (most recent one in sept 04)

I am looking for any and all ponderances, wishes, flames, ideas, predictions and opinions (humble and/or otherwise).

Laborpain,

am waiting for more than 11 months for interview letter.

TD is may 2004. EAD,AP got transferred to NYC.

What is your transfer letter says.

Regards,

I don't have the letter handy but it says something to the effect that the Case has been transferred to new york federal plaza and all correspondence related to this case should be directed to the new york, ny center.

It doesn't give any other information... why, is there any information I should have noticed.

I-485 Interview

Hi guys new to this thread i would just like to share some of of my experience with you. married to a US citizens in 12/03 she file the I-130 on the 1/04 get approved in september 04 then file the 485/765/131 in october 04 recieved finger print notice and interview letter in november 04 i do FP on 18 nov and my interview is set for march 16/05 the interview went smooth because we had everything they ask us to bring and she was a very very nice lady she only ask us three question she ask my wife where we meet and what work i used to do in my home country and she ask me what work my wife do and i answer her she said every thing is in order but i cannot stamp you passport because am still waiting for the name check she say as long she recieve it she will write us to come for stamping she write in my passport i had my interview already and sign her name it take us 10 minute of less for the interview. i will aslo like to share with you guys i did FP in nov and after 100 days i have not recieved EAd i make an infopass appointment on the march 2 went to 26 federal plaza get a EAD for 10 month the next day i went to apply for ssn it take two weeks to get it today i went to apply for my drivers lincense at the DMV they tell me they cannot issue me a drivers license because the EAD is only valid for 10 month it should be valid for a year or more this is unbelieveable all job am getting asking me for drivers license. i hope this help and any suggestion is appreciated.

laborpain said:
... or a baking period with INS "precision" (i.e. 2 to 900 months)?

This one is likely. I brought that INS memo to our HR lady and she wrote a letter to the head of NYC office (Muriel Something), see what happens. She told me that according some new regulation local centers has to approve family-based 485's within 3 month, that puts employment-based ones in a dumpster. For instance, the lady from previous post got interview within 3-4 month, I'm waiting 7 month after the transfer, nothing.