New York City Transfers

I saw it also proccessing 12/6/04 it has to be a typo or immigration is
trying to makes themself look good to show they are play catch up so they can eliminate backlogs.
If this is true most of us can inquire about cases even expedite providing this
date is true.

I heard the same thing

Hi
when i went to Fedaral Plaza 2 weeks ago, they told me they are processing cases up 12/14/04! if that true as you said we should all get interview letter this month. but its not true i don't believe what they say, i believe what i see.
Mustapha

BETH88 said:
NYC processing time says 12/16/04.
Hard to believe the update. Last month it was 9/02/02.
What does it mean? If the current processing time is correct,
we should see many people receive interview letter or somthing in a coming month.

NYC processing dates

I doubt it's a typo, district offices in other major cities are all processing Dec 2004 cases and last month they all showed Sept. 2002.

mygc1012 said:
BDPMAX,

what is it that you are saying. that the date could actually be true of the current processing times?
The way I understand it the local centers are under huge pressure to "move dates", since the president (God bless him) promised 6 month delay for any type of petition by 2006, it is only 7 month away. What I think is happening, they randomly approve some recent cases and that technically allows them to post that date as "now processing", no matter that they have 2-3 years worth of backlog. The same in Vermont, I personally know people with 2001-2002 485's, no approval in sight.

Team,

Went to Federal Plaza to pick up EAD, AP. We are done within 2 hours.

It is pretty simple.

Thought of doing status inquiry on i485, but infopass appt needed. But is available only in may.

Thought of sharing this with you.

Regards,

Hey Folks

I see a lot of positive energy in the forum today, It's great.

I hope the dates are true although I think it is not. I believe that is is probably Dec 2002 they wanted to change to cause it doesn't make sense.

Anyways any more reviews from people ar welcome. Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

Newyorker012

should we fill I765 again for new EAD?

Hi goankar
my work permit will expired this week, should i filling up again I765 form for new WP with 2 pictures..etc, or go directly to Federal Plaza and ask for new one?
Please let me know
Thanks

goankar said:
Team,

Went to Federal Plaza to pick up EAD, AP. We are done within 2 hours.

It is pretty simple.

Thought of doing status inquiry on i485, but infopass appt needed. But is available only in may.

Thought of sharing this with you.

Regards,

I fiilled up the form with 2 pics and send it to vsc. Vsc xferred to NYC local.

I got appt within a month after transfer and got approved.

Pls check with your lawyer.

Regards,

Thanks

Hi
yeah, that what my lawer told me i have to wait atleast 90 days before i can go to INS.
I thought could be renew it immidiatly by going to INS and showing the pending I485.
Thanks
Mustapha

goankar said:

Regards,

Hey Guys,

I think the local local nyc office is playing with our minds the recipet date for
I485 processing went back to september 2002.
I am depressed again the saga continues. :(

goankar,

Our case (employment based I 485) transferred from VSC to NY local office in Feb 2005 for interview. Now I need to renew my EAD. Our Lawyer told us to send it to NY local office. but we got it back from them today asking us to send it to Chicago. I just want to find out when you aplied for EAD renewal at VSC, was your I 485 case already transferred to local office?

Thanks

Originally Posted by goankar

Regards,

My EAD renewal package was also returned from NYC this Jan., then I sent it to Chicago. RD: 2/18/05, AD: 04/01/05. Card received on Apr. 9/05.

I got an interview for Advance Parole application RD 2/2005 at Federal Plaza.
My 485 was tranferred 11/2004. No News on it yet.

though my 485 was transfrred in 11/2004, I applied for AP document in VSC and was transferred to NYC. I think Chicago is for family based applications.

Hi NY-NIW,
Did you apply for Advance Parol? Was it returned too?
Reason I ask is because I heard EAD should be sent to Chicago, Advance Parol should be sent to local.
... so confusing.
Thanks in advance.

NY-NIW said:
My EAD renewal package was also returned from NYC this Jan., then I sent it to Chicago. RD: 2/18/05, AD: 04/01/05. Card received on Apr. 9/05.

It was sent to VSC. My lawyser sent it. It was trsnsferred to NYC later.

I asked them if it sould be sent to Chicago, he said it is for Family Based petitions.