New York City Transfers

Hey folks

Whatz up, Howz life treating everyone??

Hey , I have a question this time to ask... hehe

My Second EAD is expiring in May, Should I be applying now or wait a little more
and if Apply now then where should I be applying , Local office or Vermont Service Center.
I want to do it by myself this time , what all things I need to do that..

Please advise

Have a great day yaar,

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 do it now. I was also thinking the same thing last year. But now it seems like I have to apply my 4th EAD in mid of the week.

The document needed is I-765. I think the fee is 130. But check it in the USCIS website. I believe there is online service for EAD. Please check it. If it is there that shall take care of where to send it.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-specific.htm

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys

Thanks for the info. I gotta know do we still take the left side photo for EAD ot the straight one. How many photos in total and how do I need to pay for the EAD application.

Thank You

Newyorker012

Hi New Yorker
My ead is expiring in June I just gave my ead for renewal to my lawyer. She said this will be going to the local nyc office and she said now we don't have submit any photos after they recieve the application they will set an appointment date that's when you have to go to one the nearest INS Support Center give your fingerprint and they will take your photo there just like how we get the driver license they give a temporary card and you recieve the ead in mail witih 2 weeks.

So newyorker one more grind we are going through. Even though my ead was expiring in June, I don't know i guess i am losing hope on getting the interview call soon and even if we get the call there is no garantee we get the approval the same day.So might as well get it over with the ead thing . I wish i could borrow some of your optimism .This is my 4th ead and sure hope it will be my last.
Tasneem

Hey Tasneem

Thanks for the info, But whatz the controversy here.

Is what tasneem is saying about the whole EAD procedure or the vermont service center is correct. Confusion...Confusion...

Be Optimistic ... it helpss

Newyorker012

Hi NewYorker

I just told you what my lawyer said and my ead application went out yerterday so it is that i am talking about something that happened months back. Anyways there is no harm in double checking

Trying to be optimistic................ but can't help it.

Tasneem

NY-NIW said:
I sent my application of EAD renewal to NYC office, but they returned my whole package and asked me to file at Chicago Lock-box office. Based on the discussion in the following link, I will mail my package to Chicago this weekend.

HOW THE HELL DID YOUR APPLICATION LAND IN CHICAGO DID YOU FILE THROUGH THE LAWYER ? WAS YOUR CASE ORIGINALLY WITH NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER?

waiting

Hi guys can any one of you recommend a good immigration lawyer in NY i have my interview coming up and my case is a little complecating need your all guys.

tasneem said:
NY-NIW said:
I sent my application of EAD renewal to NYC office, but they returned my whole package and asked me to file at Chicago Lock-box office. Based on the discussion in the following link, I will mail my package to Chicago this weekend.

HOW THE HELL DID YOUR APPLICATION LAND IN CHICAGO DID YOU FILE THROUGH THE LAWYER ? WAS YOUR CASE ORIGINALLY WITH NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER?
if anyone of you is paying extra for the EAD (i765) application, you can easily do it yourself on the web. What tasneem is refering to is a process of applying online. It is as simple as you giving info to your lawyer. All the lawyers do is fill out/type info in the form and you would do the rest anyway. Good luck.

Hey Good Morning Everyone

Howz my buddies doing. Hey thanks for the info Tasneem , Johar & Cold. What I am going to do is to file it manually by myself and send the photos alongwith it. Filing Eledctronically is a good one too but then I have to take a day off to do the fingerprint or photos. So I would go with manual filing, I hope I do it right cause I am doing it for the first time by myself.

Thanks for all your help folks,

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Good Morning Everyone

Howz my buddies doing. Hey thanks for the info Tasneem , Johar & Cold. What I am going to do is to file it manually by myself and send the photos alongwith it. Filing Eledctronically is a good one too but then I have to take a day off to do the fingerprint or photos. So I would go with manual filing, I hope I do it right cause I am doing it for the first time by myself.

Thanks for all your help folks,

Newyorker012
There is nothing complicated in filing i765. The only problem will be the fee adn proper pictures. Like recently, they suddenly changed the specification for AP. The fee changes as well without prior notice or updating on the web. I always go in person and find out these details to avoid further delay. On the other hand if you file online, you do not have to worry which center to mail your application to. I think you shold fill out the form and then go to the local office with you previous EAD card and I485 receipts/transfer notice and you will be able to get the same day. Remeber, you might also need a finger print card whicvh might not be available on the web. I think you are better off taking half a day/whole day off for this nonsense... Good luck..

Yeah ead filing is very simple and anyone can do it themselves. But from my past experience anything simple for others gets very complicated in my case, so now i have stop trusting my luck.

I posted this once before but never got an answer for it. This happened before my interview:

Did anyone else get finger printed on a form (do not know what was it)? They only got my index finger print on it and then made me sign front and back. I thought that was for the green card but at the end of the interview, I was disappointed but anyway, what was that form that I signed front and back and index finger print on it. Never got a copy or info on it. I did not bother to ask since I was not approved and did not care for anything else but am wondering now..

Johar,

That is done for everyone who appears for the Interview. You will be writing your name on box provided above the finger printing I guess. That is mainly for them fill anything against you :)

Just kidding. I believe it is the form that will ensure that you were interviewd on that date. This may go into your file for the Interviewing officer to put her decisions.

Every person appearing for Interview has done it..

Thanks

thanks coldfusion. Any news.

I got something weired. I had a case which was transferred to local INS the same time my 485 was transferred but then it was approved right away and I got the approval letter in October. As it became my habbit, I was checking the online status and a week ago I saw the online message changed to "we have received your case in Jan.. bla bla". However, today, it changed to "this case was approved on Feb 01, 2005...". I am wondering if it is in reality my 485 since once my RFE for 485 was posted to this case upon receipt. What a thought :)

Johar,

Nothing has happened yet. No changes online, no changes in automated phone. Just debating when to start the EAD process. Mine expires in May. Typically to cross over 90 days I have to start by the end of the month

Thanks

mygc1012 said:
Johar Ali,

What are you saying? Is it that your case is approved?

Hope it is!!
Not sure, hoping. I am trying to say that one of my case (not 485) was approved in September but now the e-CAS changed and says it was approved on Feb 01, 2005. SO I was just hopiong that it could be 485 but they posted the approval under the wrong file number. Hehehe,, what a wish... I will see what comesin the mail. Maybe I will approval twice on one case but none on 485 or maybe it is 485, just wishing..
Now you know how srewed up this system is and we admire the infrastructure of USA. Well, it is still the best for those who do not hav eto waite for name check..