New York City Transfers

coldfusion said:
Johar,

Nothing has happened yet. No changes online, no changes in automated phone. Just debating when to start the EAD process. Mine expires in May. Typically to cross over 90 days I have to start by the end of the month

Thanks
As I mentioned, the local office told me that one could get EAD on the same day. I was told to walk in with infopass in the end of April since mt EAD expires on 05/05/05. But if you find something different please let us know. You could go and find out if you might get a different answer and we can then file earlier. But I may not be even interested in renewing it.. SO go ahead and find more details. Good luck

Hi Johar,

You metioned you had an interview at st.louis. Was it for I485 ?

I have my interview at St.louis on Feb 16th on a future employment case..

thought of getting some input from you...

givme_gc said:
Hi Johar,

You metioned you had an interview at st.louis. Was it for I485 ?

I have my interview at St.louis on Feb 16th on a future employment case..

thought of getting some input from you...
yes, could you post your full details please..

Hello

My Interview is on Feb 16th at St.louis, Missouri. In the letter thay have asked me to bring
1. Passport & I-94,
2. EVL from current employer with pay rate

My case is related with future employment. After the labor approval from Comapny A,I moved to Company B. Then My 140 was approved from previous employer and applied for I 485....

ND - Sep 15 2003
FP - 10/26/2004

Thanks

Hi Newyorker a very Good Morning to you,

Hi hope we get to hear any good news today the 35th day of the year and only 330 days left for 2006 to begin.

Hi Cold,
Any hot news from your side

Hi Johar
I cant undersand your post about the approval so i dont know whether to cogratulate you or no

GUYS HAVE SUPER DUPER FRIDAY

well, I got that notice but it was another case not 485, hey it is still one less to waite for.. Still got to waite or not. I am giving up on this 485 soon... I have given up 75% on it anyway..

Johar, Tasneem, and all

No news from my side. I get lot of junk mails everyday in email and post. No good news mail :(

Its fine. We are going through one more round of waiting testing our patience.'

Thanks

Hello Johar,

My Interview is on Feb 16th at St.louis, Missouri. In the letter thay have asked me to bring
1. Passport & I-94,

My case is related with future employment. After the labor approval from Comapny A,I moved to Company B. Then My 140 was approved from previous employer and applied for I 485....

ND - Sep 15 2003
FP - 10/26/2004

How was ur interview at st.louis ?

Is your case Future employment...?

Thanks

givme_gc said:
Hello Johar,

1. Passport & I-94,

ND - Sep 15 2003
FP - 10/26/2004

How was ur interview at st.louis ?

Is your case Future employment...?

Thanks
No my case is a simple EB2 485 pending since 2001. My case was complicated due to not having J-1 waiver (my lawyer screwed up). Anyway, my J-1 waiver was approved but due to name check (at least this what they call it) my 485 was not approved.
I have my interview details on this forum right around January 08,2005. Go ahead and read the detials and if you have any further questions let me know. You can also call me, if you want to I can mail you my phone number. Just send me a private message. Good luck

interview notice

Today, I received a phone call from my lawyer; She said she got my interview notice letter in the mail. interview date: april 5, location: NY federal plaza, what to bring: I don't know yet, according to her the letter says "what to bring see attachment", and the attachment could not found in the letter. I hope to receive the notice myself maybe by tomorrow and find out what those required douments are.
my RD is June 2002, TD is June 2004. 245i case

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,

could u pls post ur interview notice details.

Mind is also June 2002. Transferred May 2004.

Regards,

CONGRATS LOVE OF GOD

Hope you recieve the complete letter than do write what have they asked for.
It is good to see interview letters r coming in first yuteri and now you
R u planning to take your lawyer along for the interview?

yes guys..it feels good to see people getting interview letters..renews optimism!!
RD May 2003 TD Nov 2004

Hey guys i have a question?

RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)

EAD (AP) 8/31/04

I140 (AP) 10/18/04

TD 11/5/04

This is an EB3 case for my wife the primary applicant i am the derritive.
the both cases were transfered so quick to nyc i still have not recieved
any fingerprint.I have being seeing alot of cases taking years to transfered.
any input. :)

Thanks

Today I received the interview notice with the list of documents to bring. I think the list sheet includes basically the general common list distributed to any interviewee, especially for the applicant with family related base
Here is my question
1. It starts with the note "it is required that the petitioner and the beneficiary both appear for the interview. But mine is employment-based application! And my sponsor is a church! Should I bring the senior pastor of the church with me to the interview or what? Anybody have an answer for that?
2. And also I-693 the medical examination form is attached to it and it is required, but it also says "only needed if an I-693 and supplement were not previously submitted". Indeed I submitted the medical examination at the time of filing two and a half years ago. So I don't have to do it this time, or I have to redo it because it is too old? what do you think?
3. Form I-864 Affidavit of support is required. Do you know what this is? Does my lawyer know it? what is its difference from employment verification letter? Can anybody answer that?
4. What is IRS form 1722 or IRS printout? where can I get it? from my sponsor? I have tax return file with W2, but what is the IRS from 1722 or IRS printout

And here are other documents needed; Photo ID, passport and I-94, original birth certificate, original marriage registration, employment letters, federal, state income tax return for the last 3 years, two color photographs, any evidence of my relationship to my wife like joint bank account, etc.

Please somebody answer those 4 questions above. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

I'm in a same boat RD/ND 6/04/2004 I140 AD 9/19/2004 case transferred to NYC Oct 19/2004.
No FP yet not even transfer notice..... I guess this is new VSC strategy to reduce backlog. What sux about local office there is no info updates on internet , just waiting for magic letter with interview date.

Hey Guys / Gals

How you all doing, does anyone of you know which number to fax the FBI for the Name Check enquiry, I did it earlier but no reply so I was thinking to do it again.. and what information should I included in fax this time . Does anyone has a better idea??..
One of my freinds kept faxing and finally they replied. So I am going to adopt the same policy.. Gimme the fax number someone...

Thank You

Newyorker012

newyorker: fax number is not functional. Phone number has been transferred to automated message and read on CNN recently that the email system has been disconnected as well.. Good luck. "name check pending" forum is full of the info you requested.