New York City Transfers

Good luck to everyone. Yuteri, I am nto trying to kill your hopes but I honestly believe it is on like dislike bases. Look at coldfusion case. The same could have happened here. There was one thing they asked for which was not the interview letter and I put my entire foldere on the table. I think the interviewer was a little puzzled and then went to the computer and said oh, name chek is pending. So it is a big loop hole and I am a strong believer oflike dislike.. The bad thing is I was disliked. I ca not believe plugging certain names in the computers could take months but others could take 24 hours. I had a friend his name check was completed in 24 hrs and stamped the next day. He was asked if he could waite till tomorrow right after he was finger printed and he did and was approved. Good luck,

Things Happen for a Reason

Johar and others,

The officers, when you go in for Interview have a snap shot of what they are looking for. In my case they asked for the financials I didn't have. So case closed. Wait for the approval.

It's fine. Let us move on. Instead of happening in Dec 2004 it may happen in Feb 2004 or couple of months later.

I like to be part of the friends here waiting for so many years for their dream come true.

I wish to see everyone get through this ordeal quickly.

Wish you all good luck..

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting

Hi guys new to this thread would like to share mylittle tabletable line folks get married to a USC file my I-130 on the 12/31/04 reciept date 1/2/04 recieve Approval on 9/15/04 file 485/765/131 on 10/14/04 recieve receipt date and FP notice 11/18/04 do FP on 11/23/04 recieve Interview Letteron 12/2/04 for mar/05 waiting for EAD i have not recieve as yet it being 2 months and days.

hey newyorker
what happen to your GOOD MORNING EVERYONE there is no post from you kya hua green card milgaya kya?

hi coldfusion
i know the waiting is really hard but if you think about it atleast you r at the end of the ordeal we on the other hand are waiting for the ordeal to start
but you r looking very positive that is good

hi tvroy
is your case family based ?

Hey Everyone ,

Good evening Everyone -- specially Tasneem :)

No yaar, the khadus boss is making me work, although I work on my computer the whole day , I hardly get a chance to come online when it is really really busy. But I am quite glad that i have freinds like tasneem who actaully misses my Good Morning post heheh... Hey we are all in the same boat here we better be nice to eah other bole to sahee hai na baap

Newyorker012

Good morning everyone.. How is life treating you other than this wait?

I happened to notice in uscis website that NYC Local office is processing Aug 2002. So anyone who has around that may expect their ID soon ??

I don't know if anyone had a look at it..

good morning and good luck to you all guys. good to have you guys. newyorker: you need to find another job or you computer guys should get together and start your own small little company...

Good Afternoon Everyone.........................specially to my guruji NewYorker aapkay boss ko hum Green Card aanay kay baad dekh lehgah...

Cold fusion that uscis processing time thing is bullshit they say Aug 2002 my rd is May 2002 still waiting....................

Hey newyorker, buy some crespy cream doughnuts and take it to your work place tell every one you got your immigration approved so your boss attitude will get better... NO MORE SLAVERY ON THE NAME OF GREEN CARD MAN...:(

Hey Johar / Tasneem / Coldfusion / TD

Howz everyone doing yaar. Thanks for the suggestion lekin I would have patience for a while and go with Tasneem's Suggestion-- Usko Green card aane ke baad dekh lenge.

and Johar yaar, I have already thought about getting into my own little company as soon as I get out of the slavery.. I hope it is really soon.. but I ain't getting out of this war unless I win it or if it is my last breath... I ain't leaving this without a fight. Bring it on

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Johar / Tasneem / Coldfusion / TD

Howz everyone doing yaar. Thanks for the suggestion lekin I would have patience for a while and go with Tasneem's Suggestion-- Usko Green card aane ke baad dekh lenge.

and Johar yaar, I have already thought about getting into my own little company as soon as I get out of the slavery.. I hope it is really soon.. but I ain't getting out of this war unless I win it or if it is my last breath... I ain't leaving this without a fight. Bring it on

Newyorker012
newyroker, there are wars they are worth fighting and then there others they are not worth fighting. The war which leads to freedom is worth fighting but if you have a way out of slavery without the fight then go that way. Cheers to world peace...

i-765 application

Hello everyone.
I was a quiet reader for a while.
Receipt date:10/22/02
Transfer date: 7/27/04
I filed I-485 to CA service center and the case was transferred to NYC local office in Jul. 04. My work permit (second time) is to expire on 4/30/05. When I applied to the work permit last year, I sent I-765 to CA service center where my I-485 was filed. Since my case was transferred to NYC local office, my attorney advised me to file I-765 to NYC local office or Vermont Service center. According to NYC local office time schedule, it is processing I-765 received Apr. 04. Vermont service center is NOV. 04 same as CA service center. I think NYC is taking too long. I would not be able to renew it before the current one expires. I am not sure why I need to file to Vermont service center, not CA service center.
Please advise me if any one has idea.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
BETH88

You could walk to the Local Office with the copy of your I 765 receipt, I-765 filing copy and two photos and other documents like passport, Birth Certificate etc., if your I-765 is pending more than 90 days.

They will issue a temporary card to you for 6 months. No fee asked. This is the situation in NYC. Johar is that right? You don't need an Infopass for this. Now I don't know the rule for Infopass in this situation

coldfusion said:
BETH88

You could walk to the Local Office with the copy of your I 765 receipt, I-765 filing copy and two photos and other documents like passport, Birth Certificate etc., if your I-765 is pending more than 90 days.

They will issue a temporary card to you for 6 months. No fee asked. This is the situation in NYC. Johar is that right? You don't need an Infopass for this. Now I don't know the rule for Infopass in this situation
Actually, I did go with infopass. The last time I went without infopass, I was not even allowed to talk to them at all. I think it is better to have an infopass anyway to be called. Getting infopass is not the hard but will ease the process. I suggest everyone to go wiht infopass no matter unless you have a notice from them...

To answer the I765 filing question, one needs to file where there I485 file is physically present...

Newyorker012 said:
Good Morning Folks

How was the weekend, Nothing in the mailbox as always. Hopefully soon.
Any News anyone??

Newyorker012
this week might be the week, this might be the turning point since it is begins with the end of the first month of the year... :)

coldfusion said:
BETH88

Coldfusion, thank you for your advice. In other words, I need to file with the NYC office. Wait for 90days and go to NYC office.
Thanks,

Johar Ali said:
Actually, I did go with infopass. The last time I went without infopass, I was not even allowed to talk to them at all. I think it is better to have an infopass anyway to be called. Getting infopass is not the hard but will ease the process. I suggest everyone to go wiht infopass no matter unless you have a notice from them...

To answer the I765 filing question, one needs to file where there I485 file is physically present...

Johar Ali, thank you for your advice. thanks,