New York City Transfers

IRS Form

Hi Tata2003,

Good luck with your interview. What does the IRS form 1722 contain? What type of breakdown it gives for your income in that form?

Thanks

To all whom this may concern

Ok, tim to clear up some fallacies. Hope this helps you guys. It is not at all unusual for on person to get the FP and interview notice and the derivative applicant to not get it. All this means is that the derivative applicant's file is not with that office, or if it is, it has not been looked at. WHat you should do is take the derivative applicant with you and request them to interview both of you the same day although the derivative does not have an interview notice. They many a time entertain this, I know many cases at garden city. In many cases, they dont allow interviewing both as the dreivative doenst have the notice. But definitely worth the try. And make sure, very important, to take the affidavit of support form (i-134) with you for the derivative or else they will not even talk to the derivative.

As far as tax forms, they have the right to ask for IRS transcripts, so better to take it with you. It is free and can be ordered by calling IRS. Gets to you in 7 days tops. I suggest getting it.

Take birth certificate, passport, etc etc. You know the standard stuff.
Also, it is an absolute myth that you have to redo medical exam again if one year has past. That is simply not true. Medical exams are valid as long as the life of the pending i-485 application SO LONG as the medical exam was performed and submitted to the INS with the i-485 application within 1 year of performing the medical exam. That is the law and is clearly stated in black and white. That is where the 1 year rule comes from. If an INS adjudicator disagrees, that is what your lawyer is there for. But if your lawyer does not know this, time to look for another. I know several cases where this came up and they did not have to redo medical exam (even after 2 years of i-485 pending). So, dont sweat it.

Also, I would take bank statements to the interview just in case. They can ask for anything so why leave yourself open, right? Hope this helps.
- me.

Addendum

And yes, if the derivative applicant has not gotten the FP notice, they will not approve him/her even if they interview him/her on request basis at the time of primary applicant interview. He/she will have to first get the FP done after receiving a invitation from INS.

its actually I-864

i guess that I-134 is for non-immigrant visa whereas I-864 is for immigrant.
sometimes, it is not required. my lawyer said that it is not required for me but I have prepared it just in case.

My case was transferred to NYC on Aug. 2/2004

Online message showed my case was transferred to New York, NY yesterday. I also received email from USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
coldfusion said:
Hi Tata2003,

Good luck with your interview. What does the IRS form 1722 contain? What type of breakdown it gives for your income in that form?

Thanks
The form 1722 is like a statement that has the same numbers and information you have in your tax return forms(your copies).I think this is just to confirm the authenticity of your income taxes.If you did not filed your income tax you also need to have the IRS printout even if there is no numbers to show...I hope you can understand me.

I still don't understand what is tax return form?

Is it W2? I never recieved Tax return form, only recieved a check sometimes directly deposed to my account from IRS.

Tata2003 said:
The form 1722 is like a statement that has the same numbers and information you have in your tax return forms(your copies).I think this is just to confirm the authenticity of your income taxes.If you did not filed your income tax you also need to have the IRS printout even if there is no numbers to show...I hope you can understand me.

Sriss, Good Luck for the Interview.

srisss said:
FRIENDS,
I today received a word from my attorney that I got a interview on Aug 24, I have to do my 2 FP on 7/31. My case was transfered to MSC 10/03. Onlne message still reads about the MSC transfer. I need to recv the notices yet, looks like the attorneys copy came first.
How /what would be a interview like at federal plaza, Do we need fresh medicals again? what docs are asked for? Also my passport is expiring this Dec04, once the interview is completed to stamp the approval on the passport do they ask for a 6 month validity of the pp.

Please resond/direct me to the link where i can find the info.

thank you
Sri

RD 3/02
ND 4/02
TD 10/03
ID 8/04

1722 form

Tata2003 said:

Thanks Tata2003

Let me see when I am getting my Interview.

RD 05/04
TD 04/04

went to Garden city to inquiry derivative case

We went to Garden City office yesterday to inquiry my husband's case. Asking whether he could get 2nd fp and interview notice before my interview.
We gave the inquiry to an office and were told answer will be mailed to us.
I hope this will remind them.
My lawyer told me as long as my husband can support himself, we don't need to bring the support affidavit.
I just ordered tax return transcript from IRS by calling 1-800-829-1040.

Interview experience in Garden City

Guys, I hope everybody on this thread who are dealing with Garden City and members of this forum in general benefit from reading my interview experience today at Garden City. I will write the salient points of my interview today:
1. RD March 2002 I485 EB3
2. Received 2nd FP notice and interview letter one month back. Did that 2nd FP.
3. Interview was today. Took my lawyer with me as it was an AC21 case as I changed employers AFTER 180 days of being with the petitioning employer. Almost same job description, different title, different state, pay is now higher than my LC pay.
4. I strongly suggest taking a lawyer if you have an AC21 case or any other non-straightforward case. My lawyer was simply superb with all this.
5. Interview at 930AM, plenty of free parking.
6. Office asked me to take the oath, index fingerprint and signature.
7. Officer was extremely polite, professional, very courteous, friendly and not-to-mention very thorough with her work. Knew exactly what she was doing.
8. Garden City in general handles fewer cases and hence they tend to be more thorough as they have more time than federal plaza. They take their time and ensure that they double check everything and verify everything.
9. Officer asked me for my passport, looked at my expired H1B visa and I-94, asked me the genral questions on current address and if I had commited any crimes etc etc.
10. Asked for EVL. COmpared that very very carefully and thoroughly with that on my labor cert approval. She did not care at all about the title, only the job description and ensured that the salary was equal or higher than that on my labor cert.
11. She asked me to recite what I did at work and compared that to what was written. Title does not matter, she confirmed that for me. She also asked me the meaning of some of the technical terms in my job description.
12. She asked when I quit my petitioning employer and ensured by looking at my RD that I was there 180 days. She asked when I started my current job.
13. SHe asked for company annual report to ensure that it was a big company that could pay my wage.
14. SHe asked how many employees the company had.
15. SHe asked for my past 3 years tax returns with W2 for all of them.
16. She asked for my current EAD card.
That's all. After this, she said my card will be mailed to me once my security check clears which apparently will be on 26th Aug. She was content with all the documents as it satisfies AC21 law. She did not ask for paychecks, birth certificate, or anything else but what I mentioned abobe. My medical check is also 2years old and she did not bother with that either as per the law, it is valid until adjudication.
Only issue is my wife has not recd her interview or 2nd FP notice yet so have to go through all this again once she gets her interview call! So, the saga has not ended yet. Anyway, hope this helps you all and let me know if there are any specific questions. All in all, interview was starightforward and garden city is very polite and proffesional although very thorough.

rchakra_gc,
Congrats, I think you are almost there. Can you help me understand these.
What is EVL , Is it Employment Verification letter i.e letter from employer
What is the security check , i have interview at Fed plaza in two weeks so want to know if i could do something preemtively. Do they ask details on tax filings, I have all the w2's and returns though.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. you card will arrive soon!
your experience really give me lots of help, I hope my interview will passed and stamped on 8/16 at 26 Fed Pl, but I am still nervous.

In the "Required Documentation for Adjustment of Status Interview Appointment" there are item 11 and 12:
11. Original State Department receipt endorsed "PAID" by the DVC showing that the fee has been paid for each family member applying (bring a copy to submit at interview unless previously submitted).
12. If you entered EWI, please provide proof of physical presence prior to 12/21/00.
Does anyone know what they are asking for?
By the way, my case is NIW.

rchakra_gc, your experience is very helpful.
our cases are very similar. I got 2nd fp and interview notice from Garden City in one envelop, while my husband didn't get any.
Did you wife go with you for the interview? My lawyer told me there is only one interview for both primary and derivative cases.
Thanks!
rchakra_gc said:
Only issue is my wife has not recd her interview or 2nd FP notice yet so have to go through all this again once she gets her interview call! So, the saga has not ended yet. Anyway, hope this helps you all and let me know if there are any specific questions. All in all, interview was starightforward and garden city is very polite and proffesional although very thorough.

EWI means Entry Without Inspection.
DV means Diversity Lottery (DV) Program.
These two acronyms i read from uscis.gov, For more info you could read on the site.
For Employment based cases I I guess we will not have these papers, I guess The list was sent in general to address that category people.

Answers

Sriss: EVL is Employnet Verification Letter. It is a simple letter from your employer on their letterhead and original form stating that you work there since such and such date and that you are getting paid such and your title and job duties are such. That is all. No big deal. But make sure the duties are similar or same as stated in your labor cert.

Yes, make sure at all costs, to take your company annual report or financials like 10-K etc as they will surely ask for that to verify your company's financial health, thats all.

Security checks consist of two parts: 1. Name check 2. Finger print
Name check takes the longest and if that is not done the day of the interview, they will not approve you. Fingerprint does not take that long. This also has to be cleared by them to be able to approve you. Nothing you can do to fasten these two checks. They do at their own time.

Hope this helps. anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Answer

WaitforGC_485: I sent you a private message. Please check it. Our cases are extremely similar.

Sriss: Just take your tax returns for the past 3 years with all the W2's for them. Take 2 photocopies and the original. You should be good with that. Also, if possible and if time permits, call IRS and order the transcripts for these past 3 year taxes, its free and takes 7 days to reach you. Some officers sometimes ask for that to prove authenticity since it is directly from IRS. Good luck!

Does anybody in this thread know whether NYC is still accepting same day EAD processing? Please reply!

Thanks a lot!