New York City Transfers

Hi

hey

Question for labor+140=485 :

So you mean to say that you got an interview letter within 2 months of transfer. How does this actually work, can you help explain.
My case got transfer on july 19th,04 and my rd is jan 10th 03 so when should i expect the interview letter.
Does it goes according to the 485 Rd or the Transfer RD?

Thank You
NewYorker

What number you called and faxed?
What did you write on the name check request?
What do you mean by 'they are working on august 2nd inquiries'?
Please post more details. My interview will be 10/04.

thanks a lot,

labor+140=485 said:
hey guys, my one friend had a interview last week, uscis dint stamp his passport because of pending name check.

I dont want it to be happen with me thatswhy I called and faxed name check request, she at fbi head quarters said they are working on august 2nd inquiries

guys its better to have name chekc information before you going for interview.

Goodluck

I'm just back from the interview this morning. Thank the Lord, everything went well. I was waiting there for 2 hours and the interview took only 10 minutes. The office just asked several questions(Yes/No), took my employeement letter, tax return and pay stub. But she could not stamp my passport as the background checking was not clear. She said she'll send me notice after 2 weeks for stamping the passport.

Thanks everyone in this forum. Thanks for your information and great support and confort.

havetowait: Mine got transfer to NY on June and did not get any transfer notice as they mentioned online status inquery, neither any information from the local office yet. I called my lawyer and asked him to do an inquery by going to 26 federal plaza next month and he said he will find out. I changed my address last year and sent/AR11. also called the 800 number to verify the address change but that was with the VSC. When it comers to NY your are in limbo!!! and everything depends on luck. I saw few people got transfer similar RD and TD to mine and got interview letter already. There is one more thing that if you have changed address NY still send it to the old address and that heppaned to a friend of mine. Therefore, I will keep in touch to the old landlord if possiable. Eventhough, I heard that post office does not froward INS letter. But what can you do. go to the local NYC office and do a inquery and make sure they have the correct address in their system.

Hope it help

trij,
Mine was similar situation, I didn;t have an original 140 approval, officer said he will send a letter to meet again, my background check was pending too, did she say anything on how many days for background check, my officer said 1 to 3 months, I am woorried how long i need to wait, are you doing any enquiry on bckground check.

I still don't get it: web site processing dates in local office consider RD or TD? My case was transfered to NY in June 2004, I have received notice letter about transfer and now I am guessing when ID appointment comes... Anyone has any suggestions? Please keep posted those who got transfered to New York lately :rolleyes:

You and trij did the 2nd fingerprint on july 31

Is that the reason that FBI have not cleared your fingerprint? I have already done 3 times fingerprint. last one is 5month ago. fingerprint valid for15month.

srisss said:
trij,
Mine was similar situation, I didn;t have an original 140 approval, officer said he will send a letter to meet again, my background check was pending too, did she say anything on how many days for background check, my officer said 1 to 3 months, I am woorried how long i need to wait, are you doing any enquiry on bckground check.

GC022002, srisss:

Yes, my 2nd figure print was July 31. The officer said the finger print came out ok, but she's waiting for the background checking. My lawyer asked how long it'll take, but she said she didn't know, but she'll check it after 2 weeks and notice me once she heard from FBI. She didn't ask anything about I-140. Hope things will be cleared soon.

srisss, I'm thinking of enquiry the background checking, but don't know how. I'll call the FBI number and find out.

havetowait, my case was transferred to NY in June 04 too. But as of now, never receive any letter from NY regarding transfer. Please advise what's the contents of the letter that you received?

Did you receive any email regarding case transferred to NY? If yes, did the email mention anything about local office will inform you once processing if complete or local office will send you interview letter?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

elim, my letter says a general info: On June.... you case has been transfered to our local office in New York. They will schedule an interview and notify you as soon as processing is complete... It is not a qoute but pretty much the content of the message. And also they said that from now on all inquires on my case should be submitted to the local office. Online message repeats the same statement... I did not submit any e-mail address, so the only way I could track any news from them was website and mail. One month ago I called the 800 # and asked about the processing time in NY local office. I was clearly advised that website shows the dates for RD not TD. Though many messages in the thread mention TD as a count point for transferred cases. I really don't know what to expect or what hope for. Logic unfortunately doesn't apply here... :( And again, I didn't receive any letters from NY office, the letter I am talking about was sent by VSC...

Transfer to NYC, but 2nd FP from VSC

My I-485 was transferred to NYC local office on Aug 2, 2004, but yesterday I received a letter for FP (scheduled on Sep. 2 in USCIS, Brooklyn, NY) from VSC. Inside the letter, in service center column says "ESC" (don't know what stands for). The problem is that I will go to vacation on Sep. 1, did anyone have experience of FP on Brooklyn office? I want to go there on Aug. 31 (two days before the schedule), I don't know if they do FP every weekday and if I will be allowed to do this ahead of time. Any comments are highly appreciated!

By the way, I just informed VSC of my address change at the mid of Aug via mail. Maybe this triggered something, I am not sure. However, my wife didn't receive her 2nd FP notice (I am the primary applicant), any comments?

Ah, no updates in the online message for the I-485, still something about the transfer, and last update date is still Aug.3, 2004.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can give a shot at livingston st Brooklyn, I beleive there r close on sunday & monday, go in early at may be 7 Am, so you will be done quickly.

Trij,
Did you enquire on the background check, my 2FP was done on 7/31,officer didn't say anything on Fp but he said abt backgound check, I didn't want to ask a very detailed ques on that(like whethere FP or Name check), But he said my name is not acommon so it might take 1 month to 3 months, he will keep cheking in every 3 weeks, Here aquestion to u , so what do u think happened with our background checks, see when they cheked it, came as pening, so the officer on that day sends a request to FBI for the check, to me it sounds that way, as they are saying they will check it back in couple of weeks that means some one at FBI should work on the our cases so they should get a request isn't.
Le me know what u think and abt ur enquiry.

Infopass 3rd & 8th floor

:confused: I have an infopass at Fed Plaza , Room 310 for my EAD renewal pending for more than 90 days.
I also wanted to inquire about my I485 (case 245i) RD 05/02/2002,
TD 09/23/2003.
GC022002, and everybody: any experiences, any ideas? what is on 3rd floor and on 8th floor? Where should I go?

First you go to 3rd floor to get a number, and you will be instructed to go to 8th floor, room 800.
YOu will be waiting for you number to be called in room 800.

I think depends on the office mode, you might get help, or you got more frustrated...

I got my fingerprint done this morning. It was very smooth, I don't think that they checked the scheduled appointment date in the notice. I am somehow relieved now.