New York City Transfers

Thanks, GC022002. Did you have your interview yet ? Your RD was 02/2002?
I know you made a list a while ago.
What about lgwait RD 03/02? What RD date are they sending interview letters to? I guess skinnypup was 04/02 and Trij 06/02?

Congratulation

:) Actually: Congratulations and Enjoy your freedom to skinnypup, Tata2003, srisss, rchakra, trij and all those who posted their very helpful interview experience and are still giving us their advice.

I tried to get an infopass for NY local office to ask about my transfered case and obtain EAD after 90 pending days. The systems says that all available appointments are filled up and they do not provide infopass any longer... Anyone has any ideas how it works? Should I just try to request infopass later or this is it for the rest of this year.... next year... 5 years from now???The systems does not provide info for what period of time they don't issue infopass :(

After read hundreds threads

After I read hundreds threads here, I have a question, did anyone ever got denied by NYC office? Seems like although there is a lot of trouble, but everyone gets it, isn't it?

infopass

I just went yesterday to Federal Plaza, NYC with 2 different infopasses: one for EAD renewal (past 3 1/2 months) and one for I485 (Passed 2 1/2 years).
Important: the RD for EAD renewal has to had passed 90 days.

Go on line at:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
and..keep trying...over and over again. Today they had time for 09/23.

Advise: no matter what time it says, try to go there early, they don't care about our appt. time. Unfortunately you'll have to wait outside at the door, there is an infopass line..then hours and hours inside.

lgwait, congratulations!!

:) You have started this case in 1998..one of the veterans..Congratulations!!
As somebody else asked you as well: any questions regarding 245i?
I am a 245i case also. Do the US born kids count ? Should I take them with us? Is the interview at the 8th floor? I saw lots of people interviewing, the waiting room is so crowded and desolating..
All the Best to you and your family!

INSTANT said:
I am a 245i case also. Do the US born kids count ? Should I take them with us? Is the interview at the 8th floor? I saw lots of people interviewing, the waiting room is so crowded and desolating..
Hi Instant,we had our interview 1 month ago.The kids should be there at the time of the interview,we took our 13 and 7 years old with us,they had to sign and a fingerprint for both were taken,they also had to answer a couple of simple question,like,full name,parents full name,age,address and place that they were born.Interview was at 8th floor it was very crowded and we had to stay there 6 long hours until they interviewed and approved our case.Good luck to all!

Tata 2003

:) Nice to hear from you! Congratulations for having you passports stamped! Did you receive your green card yet?
The day before yesterday I went to the 8th floor to ask about my case (they misplaced the file, it has been sitting somewhere in Queens for a year now).
Anyway, I experienced the "waiting for interview" decor..for me it seemed very stressful, grey. I was hoping I won’t have to have my 5 and 8 year olds to through this, they are born in the US. But what am I saying..I have to keep going there to see if they found my file..then processing is another story..
I wonder whether anybody interviewd in Garden City received their Green Card? What happened to Jflife94?

thank you.
yes, the interview is on 8th floor, lots of people there. we were there for more than 6 hours. in my case, we took our US born kid with us eventhough my lawyer told me before it's not necessary for bring her, but in my case, I think my daughter helped our case, because the immigration officer liked her very much. it's makes our interview lots of easier. thus I wasn't asked for 245i questions, but I prepared as lawyer suggestion. I suggest you bring you kids go as long as you make sure they are ok for the one day waiting. good luck for all!

INSTANT said:

interview waiting time

When I went to the 8th floor to ask about my 485, at least I got a number and I was watching what they were doing.

But the interview cases where conducted behind the glass door, I couldn't notice any order..just the immigration officers were coming out and calling the person. Is there any list, any clue to find out how many more cases are ahead of you for interview? 6 hours is a looong time in that room..it's like waiting for an exam...

INSTANT said:
:) Nice to hear from you! Congratulations for having you passports stamped! Did you receive your green card yet?
The day before yesterday I went to the 8th floor to ask about my case (they misplaced the file, it has been sitting somewhere in Queens for a year now).
Anyway, I experienced the "waiting for interview" decor..for me it seemed very stressful, grey. I was hoping I won’t have to have my 5 and 8 year olds to through this, they are born in the US. But what am I saying..I have to keep going there to see if they found my file..then processing is another story..
I wonder whether anybody interviewd in Garden City received their Green Card? What happened to Jflife94?
Thanks.Its beeing 32 days since we got our interview done and passports stamped,no physical card yet,not even the online status changed,it still says about the transfer to NYC.We went away for 3 weeks(to our country)after waiting 6 long years without living USA,we had no problems using our passports stamps.If your kids were born in US,I do not think you have to bring them to the interview,but you better check this out first.Good question...what happend with Jlife94?I hope he/she got approved...

It' been over a year now and I'm still waiting for approval.. I don't know what these people gotta do that takes over a year.. I have to renew my work permit for the 4 th time this month. My lawyer said that all we can do is wait.. he's been writing garden city, every month for the past 12 months with no reply.. I even wrote a senator since May to no avail.. I'm still waiting...
This process is taking so long.... I could of been a citizen by now and vote for kerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
j4life95

Will you renew your work permit in Garden City or NYC?
Is there any way one could inquire about the case , similar to the "infopass NYC"? Or maybe NYC is still responsible for your case?
Since GC is not stamping the passports anymore, is there anybody who has interviewd in Garden City and received the actual cards?

I got reply from FBI director Mr. Hardy that my name check is done in december 2002.

I dont understand then why they uscis sent my file to missour and then local office ny and after that 3 time finger prints.

I swear I stoped thinking about green card, I have interview next month but mentaly I am ready for some security check delay.

labor+140=485,

How did you contact FBI for naming checking? Did you just call them or write to them? Which address did you use? How long has it been to get their reply? I left a message on the FBI name checking 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything from thme. :(

Thanks!

I can either renew my work permit online or through federal plaza.. Federal Plaza doesn't have my file. garden city does.. I saw it myself.. it's in a box with dozens of other boxes somewhere in a room. There no way of me finding out what happened to my case... my lawyer has been writing them every month for the past year.. I also wrote senator schumer since May.. but according to the senator's office when they get a reply from immigration then they will contact me.. All I can do now is wait.

Thanks God!!! Finally got stamped!!

Hi, I just come back from federal Plaza.

I was so nervous becouse of the experience of trij, srisss....
My appointment is at 9:00am. got up at 4:30am, take the train at5:30 for the NYC with my family. we arrived at 8:30, submitted appointment at 8:45 then waiting untile 10:45. To my supprise, the lady didn't check computer, just take my documents and my familly's document. ask about the regular questions about working, living,crime... I told her I am working as reseacher for 5yrs, never changed job( My lawyer told me changing job, especially if different from primary pitition(I140 pitition) will cause truble. Then she accepted my Emp.letter and those tax stuff.
She then talk to my wife almost seem question.I think she is very concern about our marriage, To verify everything, certainly I am very honest to her.
Finally, she said she will stamp our passport( I am released) after check our finger print(nervous again). Fortunately, when she turn the computer on and input our names, It seems all our 3 fingerprints were recorded there.
Then she out of the office 2min then come back and said she can't stamp right now because computer problem. we said ok we would like to waite at waiting room. After 20min, finally we were called and got the stamped passport.....

To srisss and trij. I don't know if your family have interview together with you ,this maybe important. I thought they might want you and your family stamp togather. Second is the job issue. The lady didn't even mention about "name check". Wish you good luck.
Thanks to everybody to provide valuble information here. Good luck to all.